Recent Windows Update Patch Screws Win 7

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Re: Recent Windows Update Patch Screws Win 7

Post by fraz »

Bud Weiser above seems to have a good option for downloading Windows 7 versions.

If I remember correctly I bought some 32 bit & 64 bit versions of Windows 7 SP1 CD/DVD - Windows 7 SP1 was just like the original Windows 7 release but with a load of updates all included.

There were two other updates released to the public by Microsoft that I've got

April 2015 Servicing Stack & W7 SP1 convenience rollup - They may be available online - These updates would be handy for someone who already has W7 SP1.

There will be other places like Get-Into-PC - Where some OS's are available

I don't tend to update anymore on Windows 7 - Not since the 7700 K got made "not working" due to one of the updates from Microsoft because someone didn't want you to use 7700 K on Windows 7.

Disable updates in component services in Windows and use another machine to browse the web - Just an idea
Bud Weiser

Re: Recent Windows Update Patch Screws Win 7

Post by Bud Weiser »

fraz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:08 pm Bud Weiser above seems to have a good option for downloading Windows 7 versions.
thank you !

It is,- at least for me,- the best option since many years.
The update packs allow the user to decide what to install and what not,- so you´re able to get rid of some bloatware too.
fraz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:08 pm Disable updates in component services in Windows and use another machine to browse the web - Just an idea
I´ve set to "manual" on every DAW machine.
That way it looks for updates when I don´t do work.
Once being downloaded, it asks for installation or not.
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is the only Win7 component receiving updates anyway.

Win10 / 11 is a different story.
Here it´s set to "automatic", then asks for installation NOW,- or later.

Before I do work, I usually go to "System" > "Windows updates" and have a look if here´s something downloaded and waits for installation.
I prefer performing installations and machine reboots then.
When ready, I do work.

:)

Bud