Running FM One with Scope Xite in Scope versions 4-7

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Eiffel65Fan

Running FM One with Scope Xite in Scope versions 4-7

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Hi all,

I am curious to know, has anybody ever tried to run the discontinued FM One VST on their Scope Xite hardware running a modern Scope software version (i.e., v 4-7)? If you did, what was your experience with it? Did it work correctly? What error messages were received? Could FM One run without the original Pulsar sound card? What was the latest version of Scope that it could run on without problems? Did a special number have to be typed in?
Eiffel65Fan

Re: Running FM One with Scope Xite in Scope versions 4-7

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Nobody has any answers for me?
valis

Post by valis »

Is this an old scope device or a native VST plug-in?
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

The FM One was a plugin that came bundled with the original Creamware Pulsar from 1999, alongside EZ Synth, Bluesynth, Miniscope, the Pulsar Modular Synth, Sample Player, the Pulsar Vocoder, the Dynamixer and the Big Mixer. The FM One was basically Creamware's take on the Yamaha DX7. Creamware discontinued the FM One sometime in 2002, and I just was curious to know if it was possible to load that plugin alongside Sonic Core's current Synth'n'Sampler bundle inside Scope versions 4-7 with the Scope Xite as the hardware that powers everything.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

fm one will run in XITE Scope v5,7 (v4 not for XITE)

>Setting
>>Screen Mode
- Standard //GUI BUG
+ Classic //GUI O.K.

possibly problems after presetchange:
"Cannot connect: cannot move strongly connected modules"
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

Spielraum wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:19 am fm one will run in XITE Scope v5,7 (v4 not for XITE)

>Setting
>>Screen Mode
- Standard //GUI BUG
+ Classic //GUI O.K.

possibly problems after presetchange:
"Cannot connect: cannot move strongly connected modules"
Would there be a way to get around the strongly connected modules error message? And is the original Pulsar PCI card required to run FM One in Scope v5 and 7?
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Eiffel65Fan wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:56 am ...Did it work correctly? What error messages were received? Could FM One run without the original Pulsar sound card? What was the latest version of Scope that it could run on without problems? Did a special number have to be typed in?
do you even have scope? your questions read as if you don't work with scope...
if you work with scope, you will quickly find the answers. learning by doing!!
FM One was last on CW Pulsar v2.04. Serial number for CW/SC subsequent upgrades is not required, seems to be integrated onTop.
Eiffel65Fan wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:07 pm Would there be a way to get around the strongly connected modules error message?
! YES,
replace script`s and dsp`s from v2.04, and then testing v5-7 workflow file by file, step by step, and post here your result!
but remember, if one thing works, a new error can be provoked elsewhere...
Eiffel65Fan wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:07 pm And is the original Pulsar PCI card required to run FM One in Scope v5 and 7?
! YES+NO,
the cause lies in the scope upgrade v2.04 > v3! run PCI with Scope v2.04 for carefree FM One enjoyment!
XITE supported only Scope v5-7! To play with FM One in v5-7 (PCI or XITE), you must be a nerd with many time to test workflow,
but don`t forget to make music, our primary goal :wink:

i have fm one v7 in my developer sandbox since years...
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

do you even have scope? your questions read as if you don't work with scope...
I don't have Scope, but I am eager to use it as soon as I can. I just wanted to know if FM One was capable of running in a modern environment since that plugin isn't included in Sonic Core's Synth'n'Sampler Bundle. I am a newbie to all of this technical talk about running these hardware powered software plugins parallel to the native DAW (I use FL Studio 20 and want to be able to run Scope's plugins inside FL [with those plugins being powered by the Xite and Scope of course] the same way as an all software VST such as Sylenth1 would [I would also like to use FL's Piano Roll with the Scope plugins as well]).
valis

Post by valis »

There are several better fm implementations for scope, some even free. Don’t worry about that one, the sonic palette you’ll find on offer makes it relatively useless.
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

valis wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:48 am There are several better fm implementations for scope, some even free. Don’t worry about that one, the sonic palette you’ll find on offer makes it relatively useless.
Do any of them have the same presets as the FM One?
valis

Post by valis »

IS there some specific preset or sound you're after that only that plugin does?
Eiffel65Fan

Post by Eiffel65Fan »

I'm not actually sure, but as you could probably tell by my username that I am a fan of Eiffel 65. They were huge fans of the Creamware Pulsar back in the day, and I believe that they used presets of the Pulsar plugins for their albums Europop (all songs except Blue, because that song was recorded in September-October 1998, the Pulsar's original release date was December) and Contact!. In their interview with Keyboard Magazine in August 2000, Jeffrey Jey stated that the Pulsar Vocoder was used in "Your Clown" (bonus points for somebody who could tell me the exact Vocoder preset that was used, but I think that's a topic for another thread).