SC at Superbooth 21 in Berlin, 15. - 18.09.2021

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: SC at Superbooth 21 in Berlin, 15. - 18.09.2021

Post by Bud Weiser »

Spindrift wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:28 pm
For modular users it would make more sense to try to market Xite together with something like this:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/boredbrain-music-optx
Basically just a neater alternative to Expert Sleepers ES-3 + ES-6. Gives you two extra in in less space and drawing less power.
I guess S|C main interest is marketing (and selling) XITE-1 and SCOPE alone and not "together with..." .
How they do it, is up to them IMO.
I´ll avoid rephrasing all the formerly forwarded arguments in regards of "small company" and "manpower".

For me, XITE- 1 is a very good niche product which needs frequent care and optimization,- software wise and like most (if not all) products using computer technology and Microsoft Windows, Mac OS or Linux in addition.
With Scope we have the advantage we just only need new drivers when a OS moves on.
Rarely new system files are needed.
It still runs 32Bit / 64Bit Win XP, Vista, Win7, Win 8.1 and Win 10.
The only other DAW software I know and offering this is Cockos Reaper w/ latest versions still.

IMO there aren´t enough "modular users" out there justifying production of a CV/Gate converter device especially made for XITE-1.

I think it would make sense to have the option for a XTDM MADI or Dante interface because SCOPE/XITE is usable for PA (sound reinforcement) purposes where more I/O channels are needed than the already available ADAT, Z-Link, AES/EBU and analog connectivity provides.
I myself, I don´t do live mixes.
But there are still enough guys out there who do.
You can create mixer-, submixer-, fx rack(s)- and complete monitor system all together and inside a clever designed single SCOPE/XITE project.
In SCOPE standalone mode, XITE-1 in a small rack together w/ 1 or 2 AD/DA via ADAT & Z-Link and a power conditioner/ stabilizer does the job well for smaller/average sized bands.
You just only need a quality workstation laptop w/ PCIexpresscard slot.

But Z-Link and the PCIexpresscard slot are the most problematic for the rock ´n roll circus.
Not many own A16U Z-Link converters which in addition are hard to repair/replace when touring nations or the globe.
Same rules for laptops offering PCIexpresscard 34 slots.

So, IMO, XITE(-1) needs 2 optional devices 1st,- MADI and/or Dante as well as true Thunderbolt interface.
The audio interface connected to XTDM could provide more MIDI as well and Thunderbolt connectivity required "just only" a new cable/modulator ( HDMI-to-Thunderbolt/USB-C connector).
But there´s the Sonnet PCIexpresscard-to-Thunderbolt adapter which works for the time being.
Spindrift wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:28 pm Anyway, great to see activity from SC whatever they have planned!
QFT !

I remember there was some new software product in the works some time ago and together w/ the perspective working on MAC too "in about a year".

We´ll see ...

:)

Bud
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Last edited by Spielraum on Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
dawman

Post by dawman »

A really great mod is the Behringer ADA8200 Black Lion audio. It will do CV/Gate with better sound quality than stock/unmodded and loop your ADAT I/Os.

XITE-1 has been my 100% stage tool since day one.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

depositphotos_46135923-stock-illustration-whistling-emoticon.jpg
depositphotos_46135923-stock-illustration-whistling-emoticon.jpg (53.6 KiB) Viewed 18930 times
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

:lol:

"soon "

Bud
Joey

Post by Joey »

So I wasn't the only one who was expecting a big announcement, leading to the glorious resurrection of Scope?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Would be nice to see but happy if they sell some XITE-1s for some ROI/R & D.

Just about every keyboard player and FOH engineer I’ve come across can’t believe what my stage rig does, and how a single Master MIDI Controller + the XITE-1 automates, even replaces mixers, FX, etc. They ask how much and then they bawk stating they’d rather use a hardware mixer, and RME + Converter and hardware reverb. I then say we’ll that’s actually more expensive, then again they try and convince themselves why taking up more space, and losing the the automation features is better…duh.

So I’m to the point I’d rather see these folks suffer with constantly reaching over to their mixer and blaming their performance on gear, leaving me as one of the few that allow the FOH to do his job rather than chasing faders.

Too bad they will never be satisfied with their performances just because they whined about having to bend over and pick up a dime they dropped.
They’re so tight with their money that…..

George Washington squints as they pull his crumpled up ass out of their pockets since GW hasn’t seen the sunshine in weeks.

They squeeze their quarters so tightly that the Eagle screams…
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

A german online mag is listing chronologic all the news/ details, but it seems they focus on synths and eurorack stuff.

https://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelans ... 9Cberblick

Couldn´t find anything about Ferrofish and/or S|C.

livestreams:

day 2 ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jig35OMkYsY

@ 01:33:41 ´til 45 we see Ferrofish booth w/ S|C Minimax on screen and Modular IV backdrop ... for just only about 4 seconds.

I´ll not search for more,- too much time consuming.

day 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJGQd_yhfUw

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

There will be nothing to report from Superbooth. Like Dawman said - Scope is too good to be true. So enjoy it fir what it is
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Last edited by Spielraum on Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:12 am Scope is too good to be true. So enjoy it fir what it is
Won´t need the announcement then ...

Bud
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Doesn’t Space F’s KRON coupled with an expert sleepers es3 address being able to control via cvs scope modular and outboard eurorack modular at the same time?
dante

Post by dante »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8LeJGMw4r0

Shows the CV Out version of Pulse 16. Innovative but a little pedestrian without hooked to no Eurorack or XITE . Check out Kron first I guess with Expert Sleepers ES8 for a more entry level solution.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I wouldn’t call kron “entry level” at all.kron would work with the cv pulse 16
dante

Post by dante »

Wouldn’t the ES8 be a fraction of the price of a Pulse ? SpaceF also mentioned the ES3 - even cheaper. That’s what I’m referring to - not KrON itself.
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

Having it in the rack with 3.5mm jacks makes it a lot more convenient for sure. I wouldn't like to swap my ES-3 and ES-6 with a Pulse 16 because I doubt the difference in quality is worth the inconvenience.

ES-8 and ES-9 are USB interfaces as well, so not needed if you gonna use with ADAT anyway. Boredbrains Optx that just came out seems to be the best alternative now (like an ES-3+ES-6, but a neater package, 2 extra ins and calibrated for no DC offset).

Controlling scope from external modular and vice versa is possible without Kron. The response to pitch in scope is unconventional, so sending pitch from hardware to Scope wont work. Sending pitch to external hardware is possible. In theory most hardware will follow 1V/oct, but tuning will depend on different response in oscillators and of course the signal level of you interface. But since it is just a linear increase in pitch by level it can be done, but will take some tweaking.
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

spacef

Post by spacef »

ADAT again
https://boredbrainmusic.com/product/optx/
Expert sleeper still cheaper in price/i-o ratio, but takes more HP. The bored brain is compact and looks cool.

my audio patch bay is on zlink+a16 (only 4 channels are used at the moment), so my 2 ADATS i/os are free for CV stuff.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website