Scope 4 and 4.5 for Luna and Pulsar 1 cards

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

sodiumcycle

Scope 4 and 4.5 for Luna and Pulsar 1 cards

Post by sodiumcycle »

Hello PlanetZ,

I have three Luna cards with a single 2496 I/O, ADAT expansion, and one Pulsar I. One of the Luna cards has v5 and V7 and the others have licenses for 3.1 and 4.0 (at least, in the latest *.rgy files that I can find). I am still happily using the Luna and 2496 with V7 on Windows 11 (Ryzen 3600), but would like to use the other cards in another older machine. Is it still possible to download Scope version 4.0? I wasn't able to find it on the website. (I have v4.5 but not 4.0 and do not have licenses for 4.0 on those cards.)

Thanks.
valis

Re: Scope 4 and 4.5 for Luna and Pulsar 1 cards

Post by valis »

https://scopeusers.com/Pulsar/files/SCOPE_v4_0_install.zip

Make sure that any gen2 card the master in a given system, and the keys work across all. Ie, if v4 is tied to say the Pulsar1 and the Luna2 is gen2 but has an older Scope (unlikely, but possible), as long as both cards are seen the license will work fine. The gen2 card as master improves PCI performance quite a bit, and offers lower ULLI latency.

Good luck!
sodiumcycle

Post by sodiumcycle »

Great. Thanks!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:46 pm
Make sure that any gen2 card the master in a given system, and the keys work across all.
The gen2 card as master improves PCI performance quite a bit, and offers lower ULLI latency.
How to make 1 card out of 3 the "master" ?

I have 3 cards in a machine,- 15DSP PCI w/zLink plate and 2 younger Pulsar-2 w/ Pro-plates.
Scope v7 and all the devices incl. the optional and 3rd party ones are registered to the 15DSP card and the Pulsar-2s (w/ basic v4.5 keys only) actually act as boosters even offering additional I/Os.

Up to now I thought, the card which is used for software activation, is the master.
You say, there´s a way to make any of the other Pulsar-2 becoming the master ?
How ?

:)

Bud
petehalo

Post by petehalo »

Likewise I have an older 15DSP card and 2 newer 6DSP cards and just bought Scope v7 license for the 15DSP cards and one of the 6DSP cards was set as the master automatically.
valis

Post by valis »

All that matters is that the master is not a first gen card, this gives lower ULLI and slightly better PCI performance.