Could this be an OmniSphere slayer ?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Could this be an OmniSphere slayer ?

Post by dante »

Depends on price I spose - but at 1 euro....?. thats kinda freaky. Genesis Pro - coming this month.

https://youtu.be/QF--LJ3JREQ
Last edited by dante on Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
valis

Re: Could this be an OmniSphere slayer ?

Post by valis »

No beta knob that just follows and is happy with its portion?
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

It certainly seems like fun. Although I do get a chuckle when in the interview he says "I always like a synth to have its own distinct sound, like as soon as you play it it's recognizable", and the very next thing out of his mouth is "it makes any sound possible".
valis

Post by valis »

I still get a kick out of the 'alpha' knob that controls all the other controls. :)
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Release date March 12th if you haven't been following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6K20nn7WEI
spacef

Post by spacef »

32 bits only (as in the decription) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF--LJ3JREQ
As it is made in synthedit, it would need to be remade from scratch for a 64 bit or mac version.
Also, I wonder what will be the cpu usage (i don't have much experience in synthedit made synths).

Sounds really nice though, but unfortunately I will not be able to use it (it will not even appear in my Studio One daw / x64 and bridges are not really my way of work, I think they don't work in studio one anyways).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dante

Post by dante »

Same. I'm still waiting for IronAxe to have a 64 bit version.
spacef

Post by spacef »

it's disapointing because it is the 1st vst synth that would be compatible with scope sequencers (the fx version allows to route an audio signal to modulate parameters).
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Such promo for a Synthedit VSTi ??? :-?

When made w/ SE,- it will NEVER be an Omnisphere slayer.

Doesn´t mean it´s not possible to create usable plugins w/ SE,- but C++ and other languages are definitely a different league.
I´d bet he bought CK modules which are the best to use instead the stock coming w/ SE.
But there will NEVER be a stable 64Bit version as long as Synthedit itself isn´t stable enough.
The best VSTs made w/ Synthedit are made w/ 3rd party modules, leaving only the GUI for Synthedit.
But also then, there are limitations.

:)

Bud
dante

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:01 pm When made w/ SE,- it will NEVER be an Omnisphere slayer.
Bud
Yeah, Kinda missed that info before posting that description in title :lol: :lol: :lol:
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Well I really don't care what it is made from if it gets great sounds. However if it eats up too much CPU juice it wil def be a deal breaker for me as my computer is old. I've run many 32bit bridged plugs on Reaper and never had an issue. (not at the same time though)
Still on Win7 though so maybe that is a factor.
spacef

Post by spacef »

yayajohn wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:55 pm Well I really don't care what it is made from if it gets great sounds. However if it eats up too much CPU juice it wil def be a deal breaker for me as my computer is old. I've run many 32bit bridged plugs on Reaper and never had an issue. (not at the same time though)
Still on Win7 though so maybe that is a factor.

I think Reaper and FL Studio can load both 32 and 64 bits plugins. it depends on each one's daw.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
valis

Post by valis »

On Mac I use 32Lives & JBridgeM to convert (one is for AU & one for VST). There's no 32Lives on Windows, but JBridge is avail for Win VST wrapping: https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

There's also Blue Cat's Patchwork and Plug & Mix Chainer just off the top of my head.
dante

Post by dante »

Unfortunately Reason only exposes its Rack as VST3 - and Harrison Mixbus can only see VST2 - so I cant use Reason plugins in Harrison. AFAIK There's no bridge that can do that realistically VST3 => VST2 - I spose its probably not possible due to VST3 having more functionality / API hooks. Whereas bridging from 32 bit to 64 bit is more of a one-to-one thing.
valis

Post by valis »

Ah, gotcha.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

For me the Omnisphere slayer is Tone2 Icarus 2 Synth-Workstation and soon Propellerheads Reason 11 Modular-Workstation. I love powerfull and highly flexible synth workstations like these. They sound great and are CPU-Efficient as well. But if i was just starting out building a Studio and had a very small budget then i would gladly pay the 1 Euro and buy this Genisis Pro. Much of todays Studio gear has gotten very affordable for all budget sizes wich is a great thing!
dante

Post by dante »

Sounddesigner wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:55 pm For me the Omnisphere slayer is Tone2 Icarus 2 Synth-Workstation and soon Propellerheads Reason 11 Modular-Workstation.
What ‘Reason 11 Modular-Workstation ?’ There is some 3rd party Modular stuffs like A-Series Modular, and part 2 of same and I have Propheads Complex Modular, but that’s only monophonic.

I spose you could build a massive synth combinator inside any DAW using the Reason Rack VST - but I aint heard a no Reason 11 Modular-Workstation - so hook me up w/- a link !
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

dante wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:11 am What ‘Reason 11 Modular-Workstation ?’ There is some 3rd party Modular stuffs like A-Series Modular, and part 2 of same and I have Propheads Complex Modular, but that’s only monophonic.

I spose you could build a massive synth combinator inside any DAW using the Reason Rack VST - but I aint heard a no Reason 11 Modular-Workstation - so hook me up w/- a link !

Yeah, on a device level there are Third-Party Modular Modules packs you can build a Modular patch with and that's part of my point. But on the overall macrocosm level the whole enviroment of Reason is of a Modular nature; for you can add or switch one Mixer for another, one drum-machine for another, one synth for another, etc and make with all devices one single patch/instrument/etc.

What i mean is Reason itself is a Modular enviroment with its re-arrangeable Rack, Combinator, CV Routing and all its devices that are inter-changeable with other devices. It has many Modules/devices that can be combined and Racked and are inter-changeable and all inter-connect in endless ways with its sophisticated CV routing. And you can also make single instrument patches with many devices using the Combinator. The huge collection of devices/modules, the inter-changeability of devices, the CV routing, and the Combinator, the Rack, as well as the ability for Reason to communicate with a hardware Modular makes Reason at a whole a Modular. Modular-Workstation is not a description used by Propellerheads but the best i could come with when comparing and showing the difference between Reason and other synth-oriented plugins.

What makes Reason a Workstation is that it has a diverse set of tools and is very versatile composer when looking at all it can do in its single platform. I.e synths, samplers, drum-machines, Sequencing, drum-sequencer, Recording, Editing, Mixers, etc all in one enviroment. This all goes beyond making it a Workstation.

EDITED
dante

Post by dante »

Yeah and I'm loving the new External MIDI device Reason now has with CV to CC !
Reason New MIDI Out Device
Reason New MIDI Out Device
reason-midi-out-device.jpg (54.92 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
Revamped Reason External MIDI Instrument and much more