BlackBox 3 by SpaceF

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: BlackBox 3 by SpaceF

Post by dawman »

I love the climactic release of modules and devices.
Right when you figured out various uses here’s comes another for ya.
David

Post by David »

spacef wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:07 am I must get that project preset device
Here it is --> https://forums.scopeusers.com/download/ ... p?id=14576
spacef

Post by spacef »

Thanks a lot David, it saves me the time searching.

I will do my best to upload the new devices saturday before noon (tomorrow)... now my strongest desire is to go in bed with a stupid movie :D

In the meantime, some fatness with 2*Osc4 with a sequence of 4 steps (made in the 8Steps sequencer) and the filter 1 (with no equalizer used anywhere): https://soundcloud.com/user-442800355/m ... /bb3-osc-4
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dawman

Post by dawman »

Mehdi I absolutely relied on Project Preset List as a mixer snapshot device that actually responded to Prgm Chng messages.
I upgraded Windows 10 since it always worked okay, then suddenly PRJ started crashing.

Also keep in mind it only works on MIDI CH #1.

If you find a fix please share.

It was an invaluable live performance tool.
Now I’m working much harder keeping fix levels on AUX channels and having to s-end extra time tweaking instead of listening to my mates.

Feverish for OSC 4.
Just downloaded everything today from the site.

Looking forward to having fun.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

dawman wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:00 pm I upgraded Windows 10 since it always worked okay, then suddenly PRJ started crashing.
uhhg, well that sucks, didnt know that. Gives me another excuse to NOT upgrade to Win10!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I regret it for that reason only, that device is brilliant and basically makes all complaints about presets and MIDI irrelevant.
As a matter of fact J might just go back to 8.1. but there’s a chance it might be something I can fix but nobody here seems to have the same version on 10 I use or an XITE-1, so I’m waiting.
If anyone can fix it it’s the guy who made it, GaryB or SpaceF.
Which is why I’m glad he’s got it now.
spacef

Post by spacef »

New Core Pack 1 is online and should be available in your account's download page on spacef-devices

ADDED TO THE Pack

- BB3-Osc 4 : made differently from the other oscillators, it sounds great in mono, and even better in stereo (when a pair of Osc 4 is fed to the L and R channels of the Filter 1) .
- K Light 16 : a very simple 16 steps sequencer that can be plugged into the "LFOSteps" device, or KrOn, or even into modular synths and any synth/effect that accepts audio as a modulator. Of course, it contains all formats (Scope DSP, Eurorack/V-Oct, MS20 absolute and relative Hz/V).

NOTE: K16/KLight pitch presets are not compatible with KrOn because I had to change the way they are saved. I might need to change the way they are saved in KrOn too (or not, this will be evaluated later on). This means that you can swap presets between KrOn and K16, but the pitch sequencer will not be upadated. Only LFOs etc will be recognized through all sequencers. But I suppose this is not important at all :-)

Corrections to the Filter 1
- Lowpass II could create a negative DC offset (more exactly, a silent constant filtering out all waves above zero): corrected
- Amp Modulation was messed up: corrected and augmented with input modulation.

AVAILABLE SEPERATELY
- K 16 : like a mini KrOn . It includes K-Light too.
--> All devices are available seperately here (click)
There are 11 devices so far...

Also, for some reason the Activation key was at 39€, now back at 25 €...
Discount period extended.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
OSC 4 presets
============
Here is a zip which allows to create this sound

-> Download Presets

It is made with 2 osc 4 plugged into the L & R inputs of a single filter 1 like this pic. Then add a step sequencer (4 steps are enough for this sequence). The sequencer preset is not there because you could use KrOn or K16 or K16 Light.
The suite of note is simply 24 / 12 / 15 / 17
osc4.png
osc4.png (6.11 KiB) Viewed 7619 times

The zip include the presets for L / R osc 4, and of the filters (but it is now the default loading state of the filter so...).

Have fun !!
Last edited by spacef on Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
David

Post by David »

Awesome greatness, loadsa fun
Thank you :D
spacef

Post by spacef »

just to let you people know that the filteQ-Insert version has been updated.
- added Low Pass II
- added resonance modulation
- revised wet pans
- output boost
- kept the bandpass filter (which works fine with slow modulators such as lfos at low speeds/rates).

What's the difference between the Insert and the Midi version ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The insert version is an equalizer that includes a lowpass filter which can be modulated by the input signal or an LFO. The input signal is available "dry" or through an Envelope follower. The insert version is compatible with Modular Mixer and the various effect routings, allowing the use of a modulator through the right channelm (modulated "Mono to Stereo") or as 2 parallel stereo equalizers/filters (when 2 filters are used in effect routing such as #6).

The midi version is the same but can be used with a midi keyboard. It is a project device and includes more options: there are 3 modulation inputs (CV 1 to 3) and it includes an LFO and 2 Envelope generators. It is like "a synth without oscillators" : connect any audio source an play the filter like a synth.
Modulations inputs (CV 1 to 3) can acxcept scope modulators, external CV modulators (converted thanks to hardware such as Expert sleepers' or other brands) or simple audio (a kick, snare, guitar or whatever audio that you feed into the CV inputs).

Idea:
-----
Use the BB3 modulators and filt-Eq1m with Echo4m or SpaceF-Echo from BB2 ... or any other midi effect that provides for external modulators.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Is it a spider or an x-wing fighter ? A cat or a guy with a moustache and a monocle??

The "BB2 OSC" is released.
It allows to use any BlackBox II oscillator in BlacBox III Synth.

It uses the same architecture as OCS 4 because OSC 4 was actually build around a modified "S-MOS" oscillator (then went into something different) . Now you can load any sat-oscillator in the BB2 OSC.
- It can also send modulators to Oscillators with modulated parameters (PW, phase etc).
- Polyphony: it sounds nice with a polyphony of 3 for chords, and it can go up to 4 voices. Please note that polyphony works with the VCA (Drone mode must be off).
- A crossfader between the two oscillators can be automated by an LFO (or by hand). TIP: When automated, the crossfading effect works better when the crossfader know is in the missle position or any other position at the left ( - max to 0).

Upgrade BB2 to BB3:

- It comes as a single device for those who already have BB3 Core pack 1 (or the FIltEQ midi version) (link here)
- Or as a full upgrade from BB2, inluding filter and modulators. This is made for those who do not have the Filt-EQ 1 or modulators. (link here)

It does not take a lof dsp, having seperate devices allows a better sound and the ability to wortk each part very precisely. Then you add you sat-oscillators and they never sounded so good. Advised: pulse-osc (1 and 2) microscope,Pulse SDX, Sync-FMs, SMOS, Chords.... and all those you will find in the presets. Lots of sound achievable with a few oscillators only. It is also nice to crossfade between oscillators that are tuned differently.

Both versions require having the BB2 sat-oscillators , so they are both like "upgrades for existing users".

--> Presets:
you can download presets. You can do some of the sounds heard in the mp3 below:
Listen to Osc BB2 there is a pad using 3 voices polyphony in the first track, and in the other track it is several mono sounds sampled and mixed together.
All playlists

Intro discount available for all BB2 users.

Thanks a lot for your support !
Attachments
CorePAckBB2.png
CorePAckBB2.png (316.8 KiB) Viewed 7305 times
Last edited by spacef on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:56 am, edited 18 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

( EDIT ---> presets for the BB2 OSC added to the post above... in case you missed them) .

Core pack 1 final update
=====================
Better velocity in all oscillators and filter.
Thanks to download the new pack from your account.
There have been a lot of refinements since the very first versions, and it is most certainly final now.
Let me know if it does not appear in your account and I will send it by email asap.
https://spacef-devices.com/product/bb3-core-pack-1/

BB3 OSc BB2: for BlackBox II owners ; see previous post

Here are a few sounds made with BB3
Osc 4
OSc 1, 2 3
Osc 1
All playlists

BB3 Oscillators can sound a little bit hardcore on their own but they must be heard "in the mix" where they will shine by their presence and easiness to blend in your mix. BB3 Oscillators and Filters are also made to be useable with external gear such as hardware filters/synths/eurorack and they will save you ton of money for unique results. The Pitch sequencers, LFOs and other modulators are compatible with CV (Classic V/Oct and vintage Korg formats), as well as with DSP and Native software.
Attachments
corepack1.png
corepack1.png (286.4 KiB) Viewed 7296 times
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

That's perfect. Now we can combine the two collections. Will the Zarg OSC's work as well?
spacef

Post by spacef »

yes it will soon be compatible with Zarg's...
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

:wink: awesome
spacef

Post by spacef »

I was informed that the keyboard triggering was not working for some people on "Logiquencer" device available on SC's FTP.
Here is my version that works fine with keyboard triggers. I beleive that it is the version found on SC FTP (or should be).
https://spacef-devices.com/DOWNLOADS/Logiquencer.zip

Logiquencer is not part of BB3 (it is freeware) but it can be used with BB3 of course, as well modular synth, and the MS20 through the signal follower, or even with Yaron's (OSS) own *MS 20* semi modular synth (sorry i don't remember the name) , and many other stuff:
It can be used through the AMP CV of the BB3 oscillators or filters - or to trigger the Envelopes of the FIlter.

TIPS - In BB3 , all AMP CVs (modulate volume with somethingh) are placed before the final VCA of the oscillator or filter. It means that the VCA (Volume Enveloppe) of the filter is always the last amp modulation in a circuit. If an oscillator does not have an AMP CV, it does not matter, just use the AMP CV of the filter.
Some oscillators do not have AMP CV, generally because it was replaced by a function that is thought to be used much more often, and because the AMP CV of the filter has a similar effect.

You can also trigger the ADSRs of the Filter with the Logiquencer connected to one the filter CV inputs.
Attachments
FILTER.png
FILTER.png (99.56 KiB) Viewed 7172 times
TYPE.png
TYPE.png (119.42 KiB) Viewed 7172 times
Last edited by spacef on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
spacef

Post by spacef »

Ok I needed to get done with this, so it got done...

BB3 OSC BB2 now has a function to reverse the internal connections , so it can load any type of insert (mainly, BB2 or Zarg, but anyone else too, if any... it won't matter whether the F / Mod are connected left or right, it will be compatible). Changing from BB2 to Zarg types does not cause any problem: it just reverse the connection of Pitch Freq and Modulation input, and if the oscillator type is not the right one, then it simply create weird pitch effects, nothing more.

Also, you can still swap inserts : it will assign the right format to the right type even when their position is changed. animated pic below showing swaping inserts. Of course, everything will be saved in presets (osc type, swapping etc).

The other difference is that Zarg Oscillators are located in the Stereo Folder, while BB2 OScillators are in the mono folder.
The insert slot context menu will always point to the mono effects. I did not include a feature to change this because this cause Scope to crash. Let's avoid causes for crashes; ok ? You simply need a bookmark (in Scope File browser) to your Zarg oscillator folder, and drag them manually by dragging the desired oscillator into the insert slot from the file browser of scope. Actually, it is sometimes faster than the context menu (because your bookmark is a direct access to the oscillators, whereas context menu may require to browse through sub-menus etc). That's how I use them in Scope SDK when building (because in SDK, context menu does not work for me).

Please note that I do not have JB Zarg's oscillators (I had a couple of them sent by Zarg a long time ago, but I can't find them) and so could not test fully. What is certain is that it is compatible with any type of oscillator-insert whatever are the internal connections. So even if someone else designs his own oscillator inserts, they will necessarily be either BB2 or Zarg format.

I repost the audio
Osc 4
OSc 1, 2 3
Osc 1
All playlists <- BB2 osc in there
Attachments
GIFANIM.gif
GIFANIM.gif (234.49 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
Last edited by spacef on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

again.....very awesome. What a great collection you have created.
valis

Post by valis »

Create your bookmarks on the taskbar and they're even easier to open when working, or as a quick access folder if you're on Win7/10.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Just a little practice time with BB III. Things can get very messy quite quickly so I am forcing myself to start out simple
Pardon the quality, I think this is my first internal screen capture video ever :)

https://youtu.be/DbjnvOuntbQ
dawman

Post by dawman »

I better check the site, you got a module I haven’t seen yet, I’m falling behind.
Nice work, the resonating filters sound great, reminds me of Solaris.