Scope DSP Live Has No Equal

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Scope DSP Live Has No Equal

Post by dawman »

Last night they filmed the DJ, dancers and bands.
One band had an electronic drummer, 2 x keyboard rigs and singing/dancing ho’s supporting a front person.
Pretty good soundcheck, cage dancers were hot. I’m not use to chicks dancing topless around me.

But power spikes from so many lights, MAC and roaming film crews.
Knocked out the laptop keyboard guys, the drummers iPad/X32R rig, but Scope didn’t blink once.
Keyboard players noticed the big sound too.

Same old story though. Wow dude what are you using?....Scope DSP.........what? Never heard of them........sorry to hear about it.

I’ll get a video and live recording in a few weeks to share.

Scope is the King of real time audio.

I wish there were bare naked ladies at every gig, most inspiring.
Don’t get excited though, I hear the crew has to have an editor from the club present as they’re liable for stuff.
Peter Drake

Re: Scope DSP Live Has No Equal

Post by Peter Drake »

I don't play out anymore, but when I did I brought a big power conditioner, a plug in power checker, and a few gizmos to invert phase or disconnect/reconnect grounds. More often than not I found significant wiring problems at the venue. It was always surprising to see people plug in significantly expensive equipment without any precautions.
valis

Post by valis »

I have rackmount battery backup/conditioners (3 of them) and always do my own cable runs.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Trust only yourself.
I use back up and protection/filtering.
2507D0F7-EEA7-4297-AAE2-6A7E42934BD5.jpeg
2507D0F7-EEA7-4297-AAE2-6A7E42934BD5.jpeg (342.05 KiB) Viewed 2523 times
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

dawman wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:20 am Last night they filmed the DJ, dancers and bands.
One band had an electronic drummer, 2 x keyboard rigs and singing/dancing ho’s supporting a front person.
Pretty good soundcheck, cage dancers were hot. I’m not use to chicks dancing topless around me.

But power spikes from so many lights, MAC and roaming film crews.
Knocked out the laptop keyboard guys, the drummers iPad/X32R rig, but Scope didn’t blink once.
Keyboard players noticed the big sound too.

Same old story though. Wow dude what are you using?....Scope DSP.........what? Never heard of them........sorry to hear about it.

I’ll get a video and live recording in a few weeks to share.

Scope is the King of real time audio.

I wish there were bare naked ladies at every gig, most inspiring.
Don’t get excited though, I hear the crew has to have an editor from the club present as they’re liable for stuff.
Look fwd to seeing that vid. I'm glad you are out there on the battlefield with your Scope arsenal