Scope 7

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

pranza

Re: Scope 7

Post by pranza »

hi, peeps!
just a quick check on scope 7 after some years have passed. let me know if these conditions are still true (for x64 version):
xtc doesn't work;
vdat doesn't work;
88KHz samplerate is not there still;
wave inputs give garbage;

thanks!!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

While understanding your frustration, rest assured, when the new update does come out it will be the talk of the town here so there is really no need for folks to keep asking those kinds of questions and pointing out the few things that currently don't work on Scope 7
Cheers friend :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

But its nice to know its mot perfect software like Apple iOS or Windows.
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

I use the wav inputs for video wotk (Corel video program).
Work fine although I did have to experiment a bit to find the right one.

Asio for SAW.

Jonathan
dawman

Post by dawman »

I use WAV, for YouTube Videos so I can play along with them.
Useful for me, and Im x64?
I do wish VDAT worked, but Ive got Bidule.
Same thing and 32bit Integer.
pranza

Post by pranza »

thanks for your input!
well, i'm still on scope 5 where xtc and vdat do work, but asio requires wet nursing (setting software priorities and affinities to avoid clicks) but it is usable in many older programs.
for 88K, wider asio support and wdm audio i/o i use other cards.
scope 7 should have more solid asio but in exchange no xtc and vdat (second next important thing for me after sfp router).

now, to get back to 1998 level of coolness scope could add support for dsd and pcm samplerates up to some 400K! For that to work, there could be a release of new zlink converter system like a16 back in the day (as single bnc type of link doesn't cut it).
actually i don't know of any multichannel hi rez audio interfaces... all industry would switch to scope if that happened!

i see a stagnation in audio nowadays, except maybe audio over ethernet which is more relevant for venues and large installations. consumer devices in presence of hi-rez fluff have outran pro equipment; audio vst business is more about painting old shit with new colours - that is concentrated on GUI design and mostly releasing some forgotten junk emulations (which doesn't sound like it anyway) or catching up what scope had to offer in early 2000s...

all that said i'm very xcited to have went through birth of CW Pulsar / Scope and Steinberg vst, all these virtual modular programs like NI Reaktor - it was something new, never seen...
briank

Post by briank »

Scope 7 purchase link is dead.. how do i get an unlocked scope 7??
valis

Post by valis »

Most likely the server had a hiccup, I'm sure GaryB will post that it has returned shortly.
garyb

Post by garyb »

server is down for a day or so....
at0m

Post by at0m »

briank wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:35 am Scope 7 purchase link is dead.. how do i get an unlocked scope 7??
Hey Brian,

I see you're on a roll, looking to expanding your DSP farm.. maybe one of the cards you get comes with Scope 7, then there's no need to buy an extra license.. So maybe hold back a bit, and see what comes with the cards once you're set hardware-wise. Just a thought.

Grtz =)
at0m.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
dawman

Post by dawman »

Busy with 1U Racks and these...

8E1EC33E-96AA-4197-883C-E7C681529D69.png
8E1EC33E-96AA-4197-883C-E7C681529D69.png (2.64 MiB) Viewed 192382 times
pollux

Post by pollux »

dante wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:05 pm
rhythmaster wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:03 am
dante wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:42 pm

Have u tried MASTER IT EQ LT2.zip from http://www.digitalaudiosoft.com/ => Support => User Area ? It works without COEF11
Yes that works. Thanks a lot. But it would be great to see that DAS COEF11 be fixed. Does Digital Audio Soft still exist?
But LEGEND still not working.
On my system and others, a Microsoft KB update to Windows 8.x x64 broke the use DAS COEFF11. I doubt on systems inheriting that KB code that it will be fixed (that includes my current Win8 x64, Win10 x64, Scope 5.1 and Scope 7). C350L and MasterIT Lite don't use COEF11 so will work on all OS'es. The non COEFF versions of DAS plugs are the definitive solution to that particular problem and was built though sheer determination and no remuneration to help us even though the DAS team member was ill so full credit there.

You have to take into account that the plugs were built around COEF11 for a reason of improvement on what was available on Scope for that particular math (so much so that Brainworx wanted to use that particular IP at the time). Microsoft breaking that means it can no longer be used for that purpose so that particular winning combination of Scope and Native math is broken. It wont happen even if the plug was totally recoded from scratch to use just Scope DSP.
Hi all,

sorry to revive an old thread, but I wanted to know if there is any fix for this. I can use DAS MasterIt LT, but I cannot find anywhere the DAS C360L, and DAS Legend is not working.

I get the bllue screen when I load the old C350 and DAS Legend.

Thank you!
dante

Post by dante »

DAS Legend doesn't have a fix for that issue. And unfortunately, the DAS C350L was housed on DAS server which doesn't appear to be up anymore.
LorenOA76

Post by LorenOA76 »

Hi,

This a link to the file: DAS C350

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17d2Vcf ... sp=sharing

I hope it can help :)

Cheers,

Loren
dante

Post by dante »

Hi Loren, are you sure that google drive zip contains the C350L ? It contains the coeff11 file so leads me to think its the original C350 (not lite C350L) version that Pollux needs.
LorenOA76

Post by LorenOA76 »

You are right !!!
Sorry, I checked it .. This the original C350 :(
So i don't have the C350L lite edition file too ...
Sorry that i couldn't help ..
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

In response to Pollux request, I have attached C350L, so hope this works.
DAS C350L.zip
(726.96 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Also in my Scope Backups archive I have the following DAS devices zipped up which are in a folder called "Digital Audio Soft 64bit Version Files."

DAS C350
DAS LEGEND
MASTER IT EQ

I am still running Win 7 64bit on my Scope PC and haven't checked these devices lately although I am pretty sure they worked ok when I last tried them. But the zipped files also seem to include DAS COEF11.sys, so I guess they may not work with your Win 10 since you updated it. But let me know in case you want to try them and I can post them here.

Cheers

t_t
valis

Post by valis »

tanget, please send me these files (including the C350L though I can download from here) clearly labelled so I can archive them in addition to any uploads you do. It'll make it easier to find in the future, thanks
t_tangent wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:17 pm In response to Pollux request, I have attached C350L, so hope this works.

DAS C350L.zip

Also in my Scope Backups archive I have the following DAS devices zipped up which are in a folder called "Digital Audio Soft 64bit Version Files."

DAS C350
DAS LEGEND
MASTER IT EQ

I am still running Win 7 64bit on my Scope PC and haven't checked these devices lately although I am pretty sure they worked ok when I last tried them. But the zipped files also seem to include DAS COEF11.sys, so I guess they may not work with your Win 10 since you updated it. But let me know in case you want to try them and I can post them here.

Cheers

t_t
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Sure thing Valis, will do in a bit :)
pollux

Post by pollux »

t_tangent wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:17 pm In response to Pollux request, I have attached C350L, so hope this works.
Thank you!!