Oscilloscope

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Oscilloscope

Post by JoPo »

Hi.
I often use the little oscilloscope in modular. The module is not part of original modules but come from SDK, I believe and if I remember correctly.
But by default, the gain knob is on -5.3db and the fader in the middle. So, each time I launch it (very often), i must turn the knob to 0 db and the fader fully on the right. Thar's extra-work that is very hard to bear. Especially as I delete it after use because it can take a lot of ressources.
oscillo.jpg
oscillo.jpg (23.01 KiB) Viewed 16757 times
If some of SDK genius of you could make that module with knob & fader fully to the right by default, that would be great !

Or if some other SDK even more genius would build a bigger and more sophisticated oscilloscope, that would be even greater AND awesome ! I would be ok to buy it !

Thank you !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
astroman

Re: Oscilloscope

Post by astroman »

iirc the graphic action in Scope generates a significant CPU load (it's based on a cross-platform library).
For high res display I guess feeding audio to an external display application with optimized GPU access might be a better approach.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

astroman wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:21 am iirc the graphic action in Scope generates a significant CPU load (it's based on a cross-platform library).
For high res display I guess feeding audio to an external display application with optimized GPU access might be a better approach.
Indeed, that's what I often do. I like the vst Jscopex64 very much. But often, I need just to check some signal points and it's very much more convenient and fast by just adding the module instead of setting Scope & cubase to just check a signal.
I'm aware a completly new and bigger oscilloscope would be a hard work ! I'm not asking such a thing. :o Just the same one with different default settings... 8)
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

max: ıııııııııııııııııı­­ııı[]ııı
Last edited by Spielraum on Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Marco

Post by Marco »

You can use the 20€ Hardware osci from eBay China by Routing your Signal out to an analog output, takes no Ressources to scope or PC! I do that too. Works great. In the mean time I have 2 of those, because they are very useful.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Spielraum wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:23 am max: ıııııııııııııııııı­­ııı[]ııı

ps.: can´t found the release-topic, but hope shroomz not sauer to me...
Oh !! Dio mio ! That's it ! Spielraum ! You see ? I knew YOU are the new guy ! That's awesome because when one disapears and goes to some other adventures, another one appears !

THANK - YOU ! :)
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

astroman wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:21 am iirc the graphic action in Scope generates a significant CPU load (it's based on a cross-platform library).
That^

also - had a look at the module posted here, thought maybe it is open in sdk, but it is a locked module, so can not be manipulated.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
spacef

Post by spacef »

don't forget you can save a default state of a device *if* you have the sdk. Load the dev, set the parameters you want by defaullt, save as... should work fine.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

spacef wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:31 am don't forget you can save a default state of a device *if* you have the sdk. Load the dev, set the parameters you want by defaullt, save as... should work fine.
You're absolutelly right ! I've got it. I didn't install it yet on my new super power machine. I already spend so much time by tweaking synths and eurorack.... :D
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=35961&p=340039#p340039
oscilloSCOPEbig-SR ° 20 years edition | tribute to Shroomz~>
#oscilloSCOPEbig-SR-20190610a3-Pic.PNG
#oscilloSCOPEbig-SR-20190610a3-Pic.PNG (100.97 KiB) Viewed 14229 times
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
dawman

Post by dawman »

Awesome.