MIDI Filter Router v3

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

mausmuso

MIDI Filter Router v3

Post by mausmuso »

Hi There,
I have updated the Midi FilRout to include visuals (3 rows of Leds) of any filtering applied to each of the 8 Midi outs.
I did this because I kept tripping myself up by forgetting that I had applied filtering to one or more of the outs and wondered why things would not work as expected when switching midi ins from one out to another.
Now you can check at a glance whether there is any channel, note or system filtering on each midi send.
Of course if you want to see what is filtered out you need to open the relevant Filter Panel for that port,
I use this thing all the time as it allows quick routing changes, etc when sequencing and mixing (e.g. switch the BCF2000 to a synth whilst tweaking sounds and then switch it back to a mixer for fader adjustment and mixing).
I hope it is useful for you too.
regards
maus
Midi FilRout v3.png
Midi FilRout v3.png (328.2 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
Midi FilRout 4x8 v3.zip
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 180 times
sunmachine

Re: MIDI Filter Router v3

Post by sunmachine »

Thanks! :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Is there a particular channel that accepts prgm chng messages for your device or do you recall presets manually.
Love this device and I use it with Scopes MIDI Monitors for when I wish to view the data in multiples.
one scene change from my K4 sends out numerous messages so I need to see more.

And those are screen set re callable so once I program your device, I don't need to view it, just the data.

really nice having everything in one device instead of 4 different filters, etc.

thanks maus

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (468.81 KiB) Viewed 4634 times
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

thx maus
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Excellent ! :)
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

thanks mate, very useful tool!
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

dawman wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:29 pm Is there a particular channel that accepts prgm chng messages for your device or do you recall presets manually.
Hey JV,
If I understand you correctly, you could set one or more output channel to send only program changes to one or more devices.
Various combinations could be saved as presets so quick changes could be made between songs/sets.
Its pretty flexible:
- more than one midi input device could be combined to send PrgCh to various outputs;
- Of course Midi PrgCh from a controller could be sent to more than one synth/mixer, etc.
- All settings can be re-assigned (via midi) on the fly.
I don't work live anymore (too old) but when I did I wish I had this flexibility and it is from this thought that I decided to work on this device.
Regards
maus
dawman

Post by dawman »

Actually I was trying to find out what channel your device accepted prgm chng messages on so I could recall presets.

But actually I’ve already programmed your device by saving the configurations I need, 3 of them, and the PRJ Preset List device changes everything by taking snapshots of th entire project window.

I was doing that already using 4 Filters and 4 Monitors.
Your device is a great improvement over the stock devices and works really well.

Routings on the outputs show themselves in the 8 different Filters which is really helpful too.
Great device.

I really love this device and would pay you a nice chunk of change to add Bigger Monitors showing the data, like Scope MIDI Monitors only bigger, and have Screenset Recall from the Live Bar.

Honest, folks here know I love paying people for their work.
You basically have an automated MIDI Monitor and Router that I’ve never seen in native.
And hardware routers don’t do what yours can do once automated.

Cheers
dawman

Post by dawman »

8.png
8.png (113.38 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
9.png
9.png (446.32 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
ankyu