Scope 7

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: Scope 7

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: NN-XT came in Reason 2.5 or 3.0 - it has 6, 12 and 24 dB filters, Highpass and Bandpass of each of these, and adjustable freq, res and Kb tracking per layer. As well per layer theres AHDRD envelopes for Amplitude and Modulation, and 2 LFO's - and a bunch of other stuff. Resonance (and frequency) are both rotary so you can have as much or as little resonance as you like at each dB level.
I started w/ reason 4.0.
Never investigated in depth for NNXT even I know and used it.
I still have Reason 6.5 installed but didn´t move on when they wanted 64Bit exclusively.
But the truth is, I used NNXT as a preset jockey.

Beside the parameter features of the various hardware and software samplers/ sample players ...
When I was talking about "sample/ format conversion" (program conversion included),- it was all about running the automatic routines since the different apps promise "import" of original data format and "export" to a user selectable different format.
Means:
Put in a sample CD and start the import routines, then save under a name when finished and see what happens when loading the result (back) in your desired virtual sampleplayer.

I was NOT talking about tweaking these results in depth !!!
For sure you come close w/ many of the available solutions when you invest the time for in-depth tweaking of the result,- but that´s not what the user really wants.
There comes the moment where the library content is simply too large to be tweaked in depth for every program being included.
It´s simply not worth the fuss.

Now have in mind Kontakt DOES sample library CD import directly, using Chickensys algorithms in the background.
When I did that,- the was the biggest mess.
When I used CD-Xtract, the result was the closest for AKAI CDs and EMU usable for Kontakt.
For Halion it failed in regards of EMU. Too many tweaks necessary to make it halfway work inside Halion like it works in a EMU sampler.

How original parameters and scaling are assigned to what´s available inside Kontakt (or other product´s architectures) is not really recognizable for the user because feature sets aren´t identical.
Compromizes are the rule !

The same rules for the other softsamplers,- STS, NN19 and NNXT included.

anyway ...
maybe that all should be moved over to the STS threads department ... :wink:

:)

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
dante

Post by dante »

No new thread, once Ive done some testing, it will be a ScopeRise article. The aim will twofold - investigate (in particular for AKAI samples)

a) What are the limitations of STS under x64 (eg on XITE-1D running Scope 7)
b) NN-XT as the best viable replacement for STS.
garyb

Post by garyb »

wait just a bit with that. fixed STS is possibly soon.
dante

Post by dante »

cool 8)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote:wait just a bit with that. fixed STS is possibly soon.
great news !!!

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Decided to try V7 this morning. Unfortunately, not working here.

I uninstalled V5.1 (after making a safety backup of my C drive of course lol), and installed V7.

Tried to open a V5.1 project but I found that Scope is not synchronizing as "slave" to my A16 Ultra which is running in Master wordclock mode. This setup worked perfectly in V5.1.

The first visible sign of trouble was: the mouse cursor is alternating between an arrow and a spinning circle. Every few seconds it changes from one state to the other. Seems confused. In the Samplerate Settings window, it is permanently indicating 96kHz even after changing to 44.1, 48 and 96 (the spinning circle never stops and it always shows 96kHz). I have Sync source set to BNC. The little system clock window displays 96kHz for a few seconds and then goes blank.

It sure looks like a syncronization problem. I've tried resetting everything, reboot, etc. Even did a reinstall of V7. Nothing helped.

Since there's no user documentation with this release, I can't really tell what could be the problem. Can't tell if it's a bug or just user error.

using Windows 7 64 Home, XITE-1
al_bot

Post by al_bot »

Is there any benefits to upgrading to Scope 7 if I'm still using Win 7 - 32bit?
I'm running an old pc and everything has been going smoothly. Not sure if I should take the leap and upgrade to Scope 7 - 32bit.

Thanks!
garyb

Post by garyb »

well, the program has been updated, but you can continue to use what you have, why not?

this is one thing i hate about computers, the lemming/salmon behavior that is cultivated by the industry that say upgrade!, upgrade!, upgrade!, even if everything is working great.

on the other hand, v7 probably won't ever be any cheaper, so even if you don't use the upgrade now, it might be worth buying, especially if you are going to change your computer sooner or later. v7 does work in win7 32bit.
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Upgraded from Scope 4.5 to 7 here on a stand alone WinXP 32bit machine here and all is working well. If anyone else is upgrading from v4, make sure you hit the "Paste From Clipboard" for the new V7 Key. That caught me out. Used to be a whizz at scope but haven't used it for years and forgotten everything! Decided to send Soniccore some bucks to say thanks for still supporting the PCI cards and my old DAW!
Stuart.
nomagic

Post by nomagic »

Mattomat works with Scope 7 on Windows 10 64bit.
I had to replace all files in Scope 7 - even this: \app\script\SurfaceInterface.pep

Something strange occured on my pc.
After crash to blue screen (caused by wrong .sys-file or dsp-file) the device crashed next time, even if the wrong file was replaced with the correct one.
My solution: Delete folder SCOPE XITE after every crash and copy a fresh installed folder SCOPE XITE to program files.
Now i solved nearly all issues for plug-ins from DAS, G.O.S.T, Adern, Brainworx, dNa, SpaceF and Zarg.
I made "copy over" folders for all plug-ins i have keys for (installation files from the original downloads with 64-bit version and without any incorrect/old dsp-files).
This folder can be copied over a fresh installed Scope 7 without destroying it.
I could upload a zip-file, if someone needs it for a plug-in.

Only exception: Quantum Wave 1.1/Quantum Wave SE continue to crash to blue sceen on my pc.
Does this work for anybody?
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Sorry if this is OT but I went to purchase the V7 combo and the online shop is adding VAT.
I reside in Canada so how does that work.
I didn't go to far in to the purchase to see if it would give me options.
Do non EU residents pay VAT?
fraz

Post by fraz »

Hello Yiannisk,

Sorry if spelling is wrong - About the VAT - I would think so, it is the price - But there is a sale on currently so get your Scope 7 quickly - Later on the price goes up - and VAT as well - :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

vat is removed at checkout for non-EU customers.
Hypersonix

Post by Hypersonix »

I'm going to install Scope 7 on my HP XW4600 soon. Question is 32 or 64 bit and Windows 7 or 10?
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Thanks Gary!
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

garyb wrote:vat is removed at checkout for non-EU customers.
Damn I should've waited for Brexit.
garyb

Post by garyb »

sepuka

Post by sepuka »

What is : "Can't find DSP file KGparam2 Vxd - Please check installation" when loading samplers [2000P-5000]

XP32 SP3 XITE-1 deinstall 5.1 > install 7
sepuka

Post by sepuka »

Also what about Wordclock Slave? Now XITE-1 could be slave to any except BNC, probably, need another .pep again?
garyb

Post by garyb »

the wordclock fix should happen very soon. Holger knows about it and is working on it, afaik. there will be a few days before the paperwork from the sale is complete, then things will move a bit faster.