SFP FX series

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Post by JoPo »

It would be nice to have an "in" level knob in each FX. I feel often frustrated for the delays.

Salut

JoPo
at0m

Post by at0m »

There's some VU meters around, although they can't be used in XTc mode or when the effect is used as insert. Have a look in the devices forum...
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

You can adjust the AUX send level to the device... or the bus level... depends how you're using the devices, your routing.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

It is not a question of vu meters.

Sometime, you just want to send only those several notes in a delay. With only a wet and a dry knob, the delay repeats also the note that were before you turn up the wet knob. You see what I mean (sorry for my poor english !)?

If you had a in level knob, you could leave the delay ready and send into it only the notes you want, and it will repeat only what you let go into it with the in level knob...

JoPo
at0m

Post by at0m »

So you want to hear precisely when the line's playing certain notes, to delay only these specific notes.
Easiest would be to have them playing on an extra channel, which contains delay module or aux send. Or you could solo the channel to hear it well, and automate (midi, CC# etc, you know)the channel's amount of
a) 'send to aux' or
b) delay feedback.
You could also start playback and recording when the specific notes play, and cut/paste later.
Other suggestions are welcome. :smile:
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
astroman

Post by astroman »

assign a midi controller (cc#) to the knob setting the intensity of the effect.
Then record the controller movement (or amount) in a sequencer track (like volume with mixer automation).
Most Pulsar devices/effects are midi controllable. They have a small red M triangle (to indicate this) which has to be connected to your midi source in the routing window.
Hopefully that's what you intended (?)

cheers, Tom
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Thank you !

I know all those tips...
I just wanted to have that knob on the FX : it is lighter for DSP than an another aux send, or bus, or one other channel :cool:
astroman

Post by astroman »

On 2002-06-25 09:31, JoPo wrote:
... you could leave the delay ready and send into it only the notes you want, and it will repeat only what you let go into it with the in level knob...
:lol:
while reading this again I thought it might get you in a real DJ-style-mixdown, so the mixmaster by wavelength might apply.
Just a single tick of DSP usage and a handy tool. Btw the routing stuff isn't DSP intensive at all.
But what makes me really :grin:
I've found that long missed switching device when looking at my (unused) mixers to check why nothing's doing your job.
Completely overlooked the Source and Destination modules. :oops:

thanks for the inspiration, Tom
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

On 2002-06-25 09:31, JoPo wrote:
It is not a question of vu meters.

Sometime, you just want to send only those several notes in a delay. With only a wet and a dry knob, the delay repeats also the note that were before you turn up the wet knob. You see what I mean (sorry for my poor english !)?

If you had a in level knob, you could leave the delay ready and send into it only the notes you want, and it will repeat only what you let go into it with the in level knob...
in some cases you can use this trick
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

JoPo --> Sandrob

What is this module "seqMix" ?
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

ha! this is renamed micro mixer :roll:
means "sequencer mixer" :smile:
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

How did you rename it ?!

:eek:
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

it's simple with micro and dyna mixers. just open mixer and write new name in left botom.