Sonic Core's big 4 for 1 software items sale

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

Sonic Core's big 4 for 1 software items sale

Post by Sounddesigner »

Sonic Core is selling Modular 4, Prodyssey, Protone, and SCOPE 5.1 software bundled for 99 EURO's :o . I just got a email from them advertising this.

Unfortunately I have everything on sale except Protone already so it doesn't make much sense for me to buy it, but I'm glad to hear from S|C (especially around Musikmesse time). And I'm sure someone else will be happy to hear of this sale since it is a great bargain. Modular 4 alone is worth a lot more than 99 EURO's, it has no equal IMO.

This sale is only for a short limited time wich is usually how they do sales. October 7th is the deadline.

LINK - http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 21&lang=us
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dante

Re: Sonic Core's big 4 for 1 software items sale

Post by dante »

I might get it just for the ProTone, which is the only one I dont have. Not sure I would have touted XP support ending as an incentive - given theres unresolved issues on later O/S (that dont exist on XP) unresolved by both MS and SC.

But hey - a synth for half price is still a bargain.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Yea, I thought about buying the whole bundle for Protone only as well. I liked the audio demo's I heard from it and it's the only S|C synth I don't have. But this time of year money gets tight so I have to be very carefull on what I spend on. I know i'll get it at some point tho. And 99 EURO's for it alone otherwise is a bargain for sure.
neuromantik

Post by neuromantik »

So any news on SCOPE 6? Or perhaps a 5.2 patch with working x64 samplers? I'll pay top dollar for those :)
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Picked up a similar offer last year, got from 5.0 to 5.1, with the rest.

For me, the Prodyssey is my fav synth on the platform. And Modular IV adds further character and flexibility to the core Mod II and III offering.

Recommended *****
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

dante wrote:I might get it just for the ProTone, which is the only one I dont have. Not sure I would have touted XP support ending as an incentive - given theres unresolved issues on later O/S (that dont exist on XP) unresolved by both MS and SC.

Dante - I think what the add is saying is MICROSOFT ended support for XP (which they did), so here are some updates in case you need them.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

for me as well - Protone is the only one I don't have

Sure wish we'd see an Adern sale sometime.
medway

Post by medway »

Just came across this sale randomly while checking something unrelated (must not have an account at Soniccore's 'new' site so didn't get an email). Thank god I didn't miss it as would have been gutted:)

Have been running the Win 7 compatibility mode method in 4.0 as 200 euro seemed a bit much just for drivers. Was eyeing Modular IV recently anyways so this is a great deal and can finally work without the 'workaround' (Reason 7 and 8 don't work in compatibility mode either).

Already own the other two synths but still well worth it.
readymedia

Post by readymedia »

hey, yayajohn! hey anyone!

Someone know if Adern shop is workling or it is a dead end at the time/forever. Sorry may this is off topic.

During the last offer from SC I both two licences just to have more SFP5.1 registered cards. In case my first and only (at that time) card just broke or do not function as expected.
me, M6700/i7quad/Win7: PT11/Ableton/Komplete
WinXP/Luna2/Modular2 @Dell630 Dock
garyb

Post by garyb »

Adern should be alive.

if you buy v5.1 for a card and the card dies, you can write to support and arrange to return the card. once the broken card is off the streets, the keys can be transferred to another working card.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Emailed Adern twice and no reply. Which Email is active?
flux

Post by flux »

Am planning to get this, seems to be a great deal :)

How well do these run on an old Pulsar II (6 dsp)?

And is it possible for me to install the Modular 4, Prodyssey, Protone on my Pulsar II now,
and then if I get an Xite-1 in the future to be able to move these synths across to the Xite-1?
garyb

Post by garyb »

Music Manic- this seems to happen occasionally as Assaf does go on trips and...Adern is basically Assaf. i wouldn't give up, but you may need to be patient. do you have another email address? maybe the one you are sending from is getting caught in an overly aggressive spam filter. Adern does usually respond.

flux- everything should work fine on a Pulsar2. the big synths will eat dsp, but they'll work fine.
yes, you can move the plugins to an XITE, the normal fee is 98euro.
dante

Post by dante »

jksuperstar wrote:
dante wrote:I might get it just for the ProTone, which is the only one I dont have. Not sure I would have touted XP support ending as an incentive - given theres unresolved issues on later O/S (that dont exist on XP) unresolved by both MS and SC.

Dante - I think what the add is saying is MICROSOFT ended support for XP (which they did), so here are some updates in case you need them.
Yes, thats what I read.

Logically, S|C havent ended XP support and theres no prospect of them doing so (unless they released a Scope 6 which doesn't run on XP or they dont intend testing it on XP).
valis

Post by valis »

If Assaf hasn't responded yet, pm me for my email address and I'll make sure we sort out anything Adern related =]
wouterz

Post by wouterz »

If I did not already have this I would buy it now. ;)
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

@garyb (and anyone who knows :-) )

Would it be possible to split this upgrade, so Scope 5.1 for an old card, and the synths for a XITE?

Cheers
sunmachine

Post by sunmachine »

soren_jepsen wrote:@garyb (and anyone who knows :-) )

Would it be possible to split this upgrade, so Scope 5.1 for an old card, and the synths for a XITE?
I don't know it, but it would be quite silly if they'd do it, because they have to make some money now and then...
In my opinion, buying two upgrades is still a great bargain! And you'll support the platform a little more :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

soren_jepsen wrote:@garyb (and anyone who knows :-) )

Cheers
yes, just specify where you want each key to go in the comments section of the order form when you enter the card's serial number.

sunmachine- you're correct, but we'll do it anyway... :)
i really love the sentiment that you expressed...
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Ah that's great Gary. Have most of it but would like to support Scope. Will update old card to v5.1 and put rest of stuff on other cards.