Hi Guys,
I know the bass at the beginning is most probably the Arp Odyssey and I think the lead is the Oberheim SEM 4 voice.
I'm looking for a synth that can produce that lead sound. Is there one available?
How does Scopes Odyssey compare to the original and vst?
Thanks
Lead sound on Rose Royce's - Love don't live here anymore
-
Music Manic
- Posts: 1751
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 4:00 pm
- Contact:
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Lead sound on Rose Royce's - Love don't live here anymor
Never heard the tune, but personally I think the Scope Prodyessey has an excellent Ring Modulation and SYnc'd Oscillator sound. Leads are pretty easy on that beast.
But, a synth with more Oscillators can get a big sound also.
Especially when an Envelope can modulate the pitch slighty on one Osc. Then have a pair of detuned Osc's to add to that sound.
Modular is possible of making really big leads too, especially if you have Mod IV's MVC module with Unison feature.
But, a synth with more Oscillators can get a big sound also.
Especially when an Envelope can modulate the pitch slighty on one Osc. Then have a pair of detuned Osc's to add to that sound.
Modular is possible of making really big leads too, especially if you have Mod IV's MVC module with Unison feature.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: Lead sound on Rose Royce's - Love don't live here anymor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gFAiPJhvI
I'd probably start with a square wave, on any synth should do.
Nice LFO'd Rhodes on Madonna's version.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26ymh ... ymor_music
I'd probably start with a square wave, on any synth should do.
Nice LFO'd Rhodes on Madonna's version.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26ymh ... ymor_music
- Neutron
- Posts: 2274
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Great white north eh
- Contact:
Re: Lead sound on Rose Royce's - Love don't live here anymor
i think its mostly just a slightly filtered square wave going through a spring reverb.