Vorb, ISON, & Hummel plugs
- dehuszar
- Posts: 619
- Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL United States of Amnesia
Vorb, ISON, & Hummel plugs
Anyone using Vorb, ISON, or uberplastic (and Hummel synthesis in general ) on the XITE?
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Vorb, ISON, & Hummel plugs
I don't have Ison to try out and the developer wanted way too much money, so I bailed.
But the other plugs work, the Hummel stuff, especially Thrust sound quite powerful.
But the other plugs work, the Hummel stuff, especially Thrust sound quite powerful.
- dehuszar
- Posts: 619
- Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL United States of Amnesia
Re: Vorb, ISON, & Hummel plugs
Any eqs you prefer? I haven't played with enough of the DAS tools. I'm looking more for a character eq than a precision equal, if that makes sense.
ISON's telephone preset got me seriously salivating.
ISON's telephone preset got me seriously salivating.
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Vorb, ISON, & Hummel plugs
For colors I use SpaceF's Filters. There's dozens of them.
Running a precision EQ in series with those gets me plenty of colors.
Quad Filter Shell uses 4 of them and then can be vectored with joystick of an LFO for some pretty cool tones.
DAS has a Master It EQ that's really capable of radical settings.
It can destroy and mangle, or be a surgeons tool.
Running a precision EQ in series with those gets me plenty of colors.
Quad Filter Shell uses 4 of them and then can be vectored with joystick of an LFO for some pretty cool tones.
DAS has a Master It EQ that's really capable of radical settings.
It can destroy and mangle, or be a surgeons tool.
- dehuszar
- Posts: 619
- Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL United States of Amnesia
Re: Vorb, ISON, & Hummel plugs
Are you referring to the Blackbox filters?
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Vorb, ISON, & Hummel plugs
You Betcha...
Once I found a really precise non coloring EQ, I figured I could add any color I wanted instead of having dozens of EQ's.
Once I found a really precise non coloring EQ, I figured I could add any color I wanted instead of having dozens of EQ's.