S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

widy

Re: S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Post by widy »

from my point of view i miss
- a real comparison between old 14 dsp + exite d and 1 (load same devices on different hw's count the voices .. or so)
- release notes like a list of bugfixes from one version to a nother( i still use V51.RC2 whats newer in the final relase of 5.1)
- i still miss a xmass special for hardware upgrading ....(e.g for sending back old pci 14 for a new exite d for a special price )
what are the benefits for an old ( for met at least 7 yers old scope user) compared to a new user .....
lg widy
lg widy
widy

Post by widy »

i forgotz :) .... any news about sdk for 5.1 ?... or did i miss something
lg widy
lg widy
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

widy wrote:i forgotz :) .... any news about sdk for 5.1 ?... or did i miss something
lg widy
I agree that is nonsense increase the price of the Xite-1. Seems unfair.
Also the price of Xite-d is not much less than Xite-1 have been on thomann at 2800 eur, but Xite-d is 1/3 power of Xite-1 and missing front inputs
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

lagoausente wrote:
but Xite-d is 1/3 power of Xite-1.
Where did you read that ?

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

yayajohn wrote: A newly designed dsp card would surely be PCIe not PCI......right?
No,- I read PCI
http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 22&lang=us

Bud
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

Bud Weiser wrote:
lagoausente wrote:
but Xite-d is 1/3 power of Xite-1.
Where did you read that ?

Bud
Item description tells the d version has 4 dsp 333mhz, while 1 version has 12, are not the 333mhz the new ones 10x power?
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

XITE-1D is made with 10 SHARC DSPs
Number of DSP Chips XITE-1 12xSharc (333 MHz), 6xSharc (60 MHz)
Number of DSP Chips XITE-1D 4xSharc (333 MHz), 6xSharc (60 MHz)
Joel
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

lagoausente wrote: Item description tells the d version has 4 dsp 333mhz, while 1 version has 12, are not the 333mhz the new ones 10x power?
Yep, they are,- that´s very disappointing.
:-(
davide37

Post by davide37 »

It's unbelievable that SC are charging 98 euro for the 5.1 "update" and outrageous that they're penalising owners of 14/15 DSP cards with a 159 euro charge.

I've really had it with SC: I'm departing this sinking ship pronto.

Cheers to everyone left.

David
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

I just wanna know if they've fixed the bugs, midi clock, XTC. Where's the release notes? Every major update from any other audio platform company comes with release notes. Time for SC to get with the program.

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
astroman

Post by astroman »

davide37 wrote:It's unbelievable that SC are charging 98 euro for the 5.1 "update" and outrageous that they're penalising owners of 14/15 DSP cards with a 159 euro charge.
Cheers to everyone left.
David
YEAH JUST DO IT !

otherwise I'd probably never return here again.
It's really REALLY REALLY hard to read those fu**ing whining comments again ... and again... and AGAIN.

if you can't afford it: BUY something that fit's YOUR budget
noone on earth (let alone a specialized german company) is responsible for what YOU can afford.
In particular this fact (or your personal taste) DOES NOT and in NO WAY define any pricetag on this planet(z)

you seem to be unable to value the technology
don't seem to have at least a tiny bit of common sense left to judge what's on the screen
so please... do us all that favour ...

cheers, Tom

ps: you're not the only one - looks like Kindergarten since this afternoon... omg
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

Bud Weiser wrote:
lagoausente wrote: Item description tells the d version has 4 dsp 333mhz, while 1 version has 12, are not the 333mhz the new ones 10x power?
Yep, they are,- that´s very disappointing.
:-(
You would the cheaper price and a Manley preamp, and an eventide H3000 as a gift and the smile of the salesman ? :D
Last edited by babaorum on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
Andy_F

Post by Andy_F »

Well the new website is very nice!

I can believe that production costs may have increased which would explain the Xite-1 now costing more.
It wouldnt be the only product or service to go up in price due to the current economic situation either.. :(

But im really not clear on the 5.1 software..

For starters how does 5.1 differ to the latest RC im running?

And since i paid for the v5 RC upgrade already i cant believe i'd have to pay again for the full release of 5.1
Surely it must be a mistake?
Or perhaps the prices are for users of older v4 to upgrade?

If the release was 5.5 or 6.0 with a list of fixed bugs and new content.. then i'd consider paying for the update.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

The upgrade price is for those on 4.0 or 4.5.
If you have 5.0 now...there is no fee....they just have to figure out how they will deploy it to those users.
Joel
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

netguyjoel wrote:The upgrade price is for those on 4.0 or 4.5.
If you have 5.0 now...there is no fee....they just have to figure out how they will deploy it to those users.
Its free for xite owners but NOT for 5.0 users on pci.
davide37

Post by davide37 »

Oh, p*** off, Tom.
astroman wrote:
davide37 wrote:It's unbelievable that SC are charging 98 euro for the 5.1 "update" and outrageous that they're penalising owners of 14/15 DSP cards with a 159 euro charge.
Cheers to everyone left.
David
YEAH JUST DO IT !

otherwise I'd probably never return here again.
It's really REALLY REALLY hard to read those fu**ing whining comments again ... and again... and AGAIN.

if you can't afford it: BUY something that fit's YOUR budget
noone on earth (let alone a specialized german company) is responsible for what YOU can afford.
In particular this fact (or your personal taste) DOES NOT and in NO WAY define any pricetag on this planet(z)

you seem to be unable to value the technology
don't seem to have at least a tiny bit of common sense left to judge what's on the screen
so please... do us all that favour ...

cheers, Tom

ps: you're not the only one - looks like Kindergarten since this afternoon... omg
dawman

Post by dawman »

The ship won't sink unless it keeps giving freebies to the Stowaways it's carried for years.
The move to a mobile hardware recording and performance package is long overdue, and totally unique. I think they are on the right track and support them.

I can relate to anyone being upset and I hate to see good guys go, so all I can say is let me buy your Project Classic if you have one.
The value of those cards has already proven themselves to me, and it's the only way I can get 48 MIDI Channels of hardware MIDI I/O's in a DAW.

See you in the Purchase and Trade thread.
abelius

Post by abelius »

hi all I've written before my anger because I am 14 dsp pci user and I have all the new plugins available in version 5.1, in the version 5.0(profit 5,minimax,vinco,optimaster,etc)

Do I have to pay just for having only a 64-bit driver?

whether it is better this new 5.1 the 5.1 rc2 because they have not left on the ftp?

many years with scope and this is how my loyalty reward

this appears to be a commercial tactic for Christmas and I think v5.1 = v5.1RC2

thankyou sonic-core by thinking about your users and not just money, money, money .......
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
microraver

Post by microraver »

Grrr, i buyed the 4.5 upgrade 2 years ago, 198 EURO ! and now 98 EURO again !! :o i already have all the plugins (profit 5,minimax,vinco,optimaster,etc)

Also i have no option to upgrade to XITE , i have 2 scope project 6 dsp card, from 1 card i use the 2 x Z-link for A16 ultra and the adat for Fostex VC-8 ,the second card has 2 x ADAT that is use for my second A16 Ultra !

With XITE i can only use my 2 A16 Ultra !! i use 44 I/O !!! :(
Fluxpod wrote:
netguyjoel wrote:The upgrade price is for those on 4.0 or 4.5.
Its free for xite owners but NOT for 5.0 users on pci.
Last edited by microraver on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 5,Scope v5.1 XTC,2xScope Project+2x A16 Ultra+PoCo 6000(CL1B+Virus)+UAD2-QUAD(Comp,Rev,EQ)+plugiator Full.Mackie Control+Ext.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3GHZ,6GB RAM,2xPCIe Graphics,4 Display's.Win 7 32 & 64bit.
http://soundcloud.com/dominium
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Important issues:

- They need to clearly state that the 3-DSP card is actually a luna II. There are no tech details on it, which might lead people to think new DSPs are included. To keep this in-market is a strange tactic, they should just clear them out at weird cheap prices.

- Tried spending some cash in the shop. It appears the only option is to get a shipped copy of plugins. my shopping basket, consisting of 1x scope 5.1 and 1x mod IV would set me back an additional 40-60 euros (approximatly $75 - 100)

- They should actually be clear about their upgrade policy. Honestly, i have nothing against paying to upgrade my software, but this latest 4->5->5.1 route has to be the most confusing one i ever saw. In my case, i got a v5 upgrade because of a bought 4.5 upgrade. Then it was stated 5.1 was to be free for all 5.0 users. Then you notice your 5.1 key has an expiration period... Now 32-bit and 64-bit is at 5.1, is there a difference between 5.0 32bit and 5.1 32bit? If not, why not just say you have to pay extra for 64bit support?

- As mentioned, the english/german mixup at the site is not very attactive, neither is the jooma-links :)

Thumbs up for trying to get rid of the "soon" issue, but you are not quite there yet :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.