Old Hunting Dogs

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Old Hunting Dogs

Post by dawman »

Why use 5 seperate MIDI channels when a 64bit rig needs as many channels for sampled instruments as possible.
I am running these synths and a Modular Patch all on MIDI Channel 15.
I also like the powerful sounds I can get from mixing 2 or 3 of these simulatanoeusly.
One just needs to look at this as a single Giant synth instead of doubling up on sounds.
The LFO rates and Envelope Mods are sync'd pretty tight considering I am using internal modulations with matching rates, etc.
At any rate, I just made 17 presets most used, and the row of 17 buttons on my KS88 means one button press calls up all presets for 4 synths and their mix levels using the Modular routing patch.
This is a really DSP efficient cluster of sound too.
Most of the presets use 2 synths, i.e. the Prodyssey has 2 instances so I basically have a 4 Oscillator ARP Odyssey now. Brass presets are FAT using Moog + 2 ARP's. All mono leads are extremely thick using anywhere from 4 to 8 Oscillatos, and having pairs sync'd or un sync'd is a real treat.
Also worth mentioning. I never liked these synths much until I got a Prodyssey Klangbox and realized the new design had better converters. But in the XITE-1 the synths sound marvellous. Much better clarity and quality than the cards had.
I also use the XFader from SpaceF and have it attached to a KS88 Fader for realtime crossfades of the Mix out into a Phaser pre B2003 Leslie. Styx lives on......

Untitled.jpg
dante

Re: Old Hunting Dogs

Post by dante »

mp3 ?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Not so fast there Cowboy.
I have an auto-indexing problem with the Profit 5.
I use presets in this manner.........

Banks........use a " minus " like -Live 01.
In this way I retain all of the other Banks and presets in the same location, and the Bank I choose to perform with is instantly accesible vis MIDI CC Program change messages.
I then name the presets like MIDI CC Program changes where the number comes first.
I.E. 000 Brass, then 001 Clavinet, etc.etc.
Profit 5 seems to have a problem auto indexing.

Could you verify this for me...?

Make 3 presets, then add the numbers before their names and right click for auto indexing.
I get 003 then 001, 000, etc..............aaarrrggghhh....***
Ankyu........

I am RC2708 x64 but this could have been a problem in x86 Scope 5.0 carried over.

I will contact Holger or Ralf for a quick fix hopefully once verified.
It seems this is an slight oversight, and since folks here record its no big deal.
But I would like to use this live as the MIDI button for Filter sweeps is really convenient and the sound is pretty thick for a fake synth.
tjsound

Post by tjsound »

Not confirm it. autoindexing works fine. may be you need to click on "name" before indexing...?
Attachments
profit5.gif
profit5.gif (172.72 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
XITE-1, Reaperx64...