Where is Scope 5 and Xite-1

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

Re: Where is Scope 5 and Xite-1

Post by Sounddesigner »

johnbowen wrote:For those who feel the XITE is priced too high, please note that the ULN-8 is $5995.00. I'm sure that SC could add the extra connections and functions of the ULN-8, with a similar price.
The ULN-8 Lacks in instruments wich to me is MOST important, and does it have midi-routing? Sure the converters and mic-pre's of ULN-8 may be higher-end then XITE-1 but most of my music is ITB and i'm sure XITE is strong enough in those departments to achieve desired results. The ULN-8 lets you somewhat create your own effects but i don't think its as low level as SDK. And does its dsp power match up with XITE's (even if it did theres no instruments only effects)? The XITE-1 is way under-priced, the software plugins alone is worth its price everything else is bonus. When i look at the total picture of both products my hands quickly reaches for XITE. This is the case regardless to what size my budget is. But as for bargain XITE-1 no doubt is by far the better bargain over any product imo.

Hopefully if XITE does sell well S|C will add some of the features of the ULN-8 but for me there really is nothing like XITE-1 ATM when i look at the whole picture of other products. And when i consider what's really most important to me.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Sat May 09, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

johnbowen wrote:For those who feel the XITE is priced too high, please note that the ULN-8 is $5995.00. I'm sure that SC could add the extra connections and functions of the ULN-8, with a similar price.
Well - there's way too much hype regarding the ULN-8 to conclude anything right now. Oh and the price is $7200 in europe.

1) DSP performance - I would imagine that ULN-8 have around 5-10% of the XITE performance - The original ULN-2 used an ADSP-21065 (just like Pulsar/Scope) - ULN-8 could contain a better DSP - I don't know and it's impossible to get any real information right now.

2) Converters - Way too much hype right now - should be in the same league as Prism Orpheus and Lavry Blue - hmm, right! Let us wait for real results.

3) Mic Pres - same quality or better than Grace........... Well see above!

If SC decides to expand the I/O's via XTDM - I really hope they expand with digital I/O's only (multiple AES/EBU D-subs) or working together with Lavry for the analogue inputs/outputs.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Warp69 wrote:
1) DSP performance - I would imagine that ULN-8 have around 5-10% of the XITE performance - The original ULN-2 used an ADSP-21065 (just like Pulsar/Scope) - ULN-8 could contain a better DSP - I don't know and it's impossible to get any real information right now.

Judging by the comments of beta-testers the ULN-8 was over 3 years in testing so its dsp would not be 'latest and greatest'. If i understand correctly the ULN-8 is powered by their 2D card wich is 5X the power of their original mobile i/o. Below is a quote from the website:

" ULN-8: Built upon the 2d DSP Processing Platform and MIO Console 5

The ULN-8 is built upon the 2d Card — a massive DSP processing engine that forms the nerve center of the ULN-8. The 2d Card provides a substantial amount of DSP power to drive the zero-latency mixing and processing enviroment that is integrated in the ULN-8 and also provides 8 channels of 192k AES I/O."
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

the ULN-8 has a feature some people miss here: OSX support (on the other hand, there is no support for windows) :D
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Today in Germany is Ascension Day! Their Easter...not the USA's :wink: U all know what this means!!! Stay Tuned...I will be checking the FTP site every hour..with a script I wrote to check the URL to see if it is updated, and text my cell #! I wonder what time it is in Germany NOW? Right now it is 12:30 in the morning on the 22nd of May!.....I wonder if Ralf is up late tonight???

"Ascension Day is a public holiday in Germany to mark the Jesus' ascension to heaven. It is the 40th day of Easter (or 39 days after Easter Sunday). It is also known as Father's Day or Men's Day in some areas of Germany. "

netguyjoel wrote:The last email I got from Ralf he stated "5.0 would be available shortly after Easterdays. How many days are there in Easter?
The answer is 40! I should do research before I post dumb stuff like this, again...
Joel
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

A dog worthy of huntin'??
Attachments
6d0b_1.JPG
6d0b_1.JPG (23.73 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

kylie wrote:the ULN-8 has a feature some people miss here: OSX support (on the other hand, there is no support for windows) :D
Yea that is one feature worth mentioning if a pc user needed to make a choice between both audio-devices :lol:
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

Sounddesigner wrote:Yea that is one feature worth mentioning if a pc user needed to make a choice between both audio-devices :lol:
Two more worth mentioning are full Euphonix and MCU support. :lol:

ns
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I aim to please :wink:

nightscope wrote:A dog worthy of huntin'??
Joel
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Now 1:30 am in Germany!! No change
Joel
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

not quite 2:30 an in Germany...no change..
Joel
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Why would they release something in the middle of the night? Yesterday was a holiday - people have lives, they had a family day, then they need to sleep, etc.. I don't get what you are expecting to happen at this hour.
-john b.
at0m

Post by at0m »

He's rolling the drums :D

re: Xite pricing: I think that's pretty cheap, considering the whole package. Admittedly, it's out of my budget range at the moment, but that's another issue :D
Anyone remember how much a Scope card was when it came out? I know people who paid double just for Scope DP (the previous SDK).
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

"Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:" Mark 13:35

Morning all!! :)

ns
dawman

Post by dawman »

:lol: ..........ns.
When I first went to demo Scope I was shocked the guy wanted 6 Large and couldn't even show me a demo. He was a good chap though, let me take home Nord Modular for a week before I bought it. I only liked the String Pads and Electric Pianos since I still had the mighty SE-1's and Oberheims.
Then I heard about the GSIF drivers and still cringed at the thought of 6 large for a soundcard !!
The XITE-1 for it's current price is a no brainer.
I am sad such talented chaps such as at0m won't be getting one right away, but anyone who has clients in a project studio or performs live, having one of these is an easy decision since you generate an income.
I also feel the pain still of waiting for SFP 5.0 and I already have my dreambox..... :-?
I have no idea why, I guess I still think I own my cards or something, or maybe there's an update for my install too.
I must say as a Scope owner having 9 cards. This was the first time ever I got paid to upgrade. Even selling them for 7-850 bucks apiece, I consider it the best investment I ever made, even better than Gold.