Weird thing in SC online shop - Update - Fixed!!

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

maky325

Weird thing in SC online shop - Update - Fixed!!

Post by maky325 »

Today i found one weird thing in SC shop. Since i am looking to (probably) order xite and to order xite directly from SC just to support them i was looking in shop and i found one odd and weird thing. Shipping for xite to my country via DHL (only choice available) is 150 EUR if you buy via SC shop ?!? :o

150 EUR is waaaaay too much!! I have more years experience in online ordering and i ordered a lot of rack units (heavier then xite) in past via Germany and overseas (USA) and biggest amount i ever paid has been about 80$ (and that one turned to be error and i got refund). Max price i paid for shipping for this kind of unit via DHL is about 55 EUR. So this is about three times more ?!??

For example buying this unit from Thomann - shipping is FREE!! I just checked that..

But even if it would not be free, for my country Thomann (they are based in Germany as SC) will ask me 25 EUR for units heavy up to 31kg for my country.

copy/paste-
Shipping Cost Calculator: Flatrate
You always pay 25.00 EUR shipping fee on regular items up to 31kg. Heavy and oversized items that have to be sent with a freight forwarding service will be charged with the actual shipping costs.

I understand things about shipping and i have no problem on paying some reasonable amount of 50 to 60 EUR via DHL but 150 EUR is way too much. This is either some kind of error or nice try to get some money in shipping process :-?

edit - I am emailing Ralf to clear this out..
Last edited by maky325 on Wed May 20, 2009 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
garyb

Re: Weird thing in SC online shop

Post by garyb »

i'm sure it's a mistake. why don't you inquire to the Source, so that it can be explained or corrected?
the only way i could see that number making sense, is if the unit was delivered to the USA or Canada. that figure would cover duty and shipping i would think, although it's a bit high for that too. 150 dollars would be more correct. nope, sounds like a mistake....
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Writing email to Ralf right now...There is no chance they could do mistake for my location. I already placed order in past, they know my country and everything is properly listed when i log in. I also believe this is some kind of error. I will update this thread when i get official response.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

I got short response from Ralf that they will check this ASAP. I will of course update this thread if i get any information in future.
maky325

Re: Weird thing in SC online shop - Update - Fixed!!

Post by maky325 »

Update - official response from SC:

This was an mistake in the shop.
XITE-customers, which purchased XITE-1 from us, don't have to pay for the shipment.
It should be corrected into the webshop in the meanwhile.

So free shipping if unit is ordered from SC !!!!
:D :P :)