Anyone tested XITE in XTC Mode?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Rinse

Anyone tested XITE in XTC Mode?

Post by Rinse »

Title says it all,

I will have my hands on a XITE next week, and will test XTC mode for sure,. but i'm interested in other experiences.
siriusbliss

Re: Anyone tested XITE in XTC Mode?

Post by siriusbliss »

I don't think so - yet - but perhaps 'SOON' :wink:

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Rinse

Post by Rinse »

I think the word "Soon" should be banned from Planetz
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Rinse wrote:I think the word "Soon" should be banned from Planetz
I hope it gets banned soon.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

last time i emailed SC about xtc and scope 5 they told me that it still supported the xtc feature, but that no upgrades had been made. But that they might consider this in the future.

speculation speculation... i guess we just have to wait a week :)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Somehow the idea of XITE and XTC seems a bit of an oxymoron - a real waste of potential.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

not if they make an xtc shell that you can load inside the sfp window! that's what i suggested to SC and they said they would look into it... we'll have to see! :)
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

If your host has 'external' hardware I/O, then XTC is basically an unnecessary option.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

siriusbliss wrote:If your host has 'external' hardware I/O, then XTC is basically an unnecessary option.

Greg
The XTC/VST mode recall is unbeatable!
I really hate to open and save in several enviroments, different files, every audio project that I do... :roll:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Rinse

Post by Rinse »

erminardi wrote: The XTC/VST mode recall is unbeatable!
I really hate to open and save in several enviroments, different files, every audio project that I do... :roll:
Yes, and automation is handled by the host also, for me this works better than midi automation only.
Also, you have to close the host before loading another setup in scope. this can take some time when switching between projects.

If you not use any of the mixers in SFP I don't see any use for another enviroment.
Fede

Post by Fede »

Rinse wrote:Also, you have to close the host before loading another setup in scope. this can take some time when switching between projects.
To simplify the project change thing, sfp should recognize if the driver remains the same and

NOT UNLOAD THE AUDIO DRIVER

if not necessary, alternatively a dialog might appear asking to keep the current software i/o and adapt the project consequently or trash everything...

IMO, this "mod" shouldn't be much complicated to implement and will make project switching much easier...

Combining such a feature with the ability of auto-routing devices on the fly via some audio channels when inserted as vsts in the host would make XTC mode not necessary anymore. :)

...again, this shouldn't be much difficult, as it is already implemented in a similar way in xtc mode.

Fede
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Rinse wrote:I think the word "Soon" should be banned from Planetz
:lol: