QWave 1.2

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

QWave 1.2

Post by dawman »

QWave 1.2 now has seperate Oscillator glide controls.
It is in the drop down menu of the pitch control area.

I have also discovered a way to get that fabulous chorus effect from my Eventide Eclipse by using the Unison stacking features.
It does require higher polyphony but sounds marvellous.
I would use 10 voices of poly, and then w/ a setting of 2, this turns the sound into a 5 voice FAT BASTARD.
But the beauty is when using a SpaceF CC2/5 or 8 device attached to the detune knob, I can get these luscious chorusing effects, thereby negating the Flange and Chorus effects which only take away from the analog character I seek.
Using the lag time and curve intensity settings and offsets, I can have my expression pedal in full back position. Then when I hear the LFO sweeping the wavetable Oscillilators into their highest frequency peaks, I can depress the expression pedal which will then go from a setting of 1 or 2, to a rich chorusing or 24 to 30, and as the wavetable frequencies start to decrease I can draw the pedal to full back again where the detune value is 1 or 2.
No biggie by itself really, but when you add a polyphonic pad of quad SAW's with a slow envelope, the detuned wavetable textures evolve underneath in the layer and it sounds really sweet.
I can't do a recording of the full patch until I get more DSP power, but here's a snippet of the wavetables sweeping w/ the detuning amount added.
UNISON DETUNE.mp3
zpq.jpg

Here's a little 2 Osc. sweeper using Shroomz Spinner and a Pair of Waldorf Wavetables.
QWAVE 02.mp3
siriusbliss

Re: QWave 1.2

Post by siriusbliss »

I love that detune!

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Badger

Post by Badger »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:QWave 1.2 now has seperate Oscillator glide controls.
Here's a little 2 Osc. sweeper using Shroomz Spinner and a Pair of Waldorf Wavetables.
Excellent! Blimey, I hadn't heard "Who's Crying Now?" since I transcribed it for a gig years ago...Nice choice.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's the Seperate Oscillator glides.
Due to the fact I am on a single Project card DAW I can only use 1 part of QWave, but when I get back to Vegas I will have the accurate Oberheim OBX-a sound with a split.
In this way the Glide sounds won't be out of whack from having to use the low notes as this demo is using.
They should be of a seperate synth split so the upper voices remain more focused.

http://forums.planetz.com/download/file.php?id=5218