This forum is dying a slow and painful death

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

No Arkadin. This is not giving anyone a free ride with bad behaviour. Actually it makes it much easier to get rid of people who do not behave. If you find, that someone writes something offending toward your person, you simply quote the offending part and write "I will not respond to this". This way, if it really was offending, the offender will get to look stupid, and everyone can see, that you did not pick up the fight. If someone repeatedly is throwing shit, then it is much easier to get rid of him/her, if he/she is the only offending part. When you start throwing shit back, it gets really hard to be administrator/moderator.
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

sonolive wrote:I propose to start a thread that could be :
Subject : I own a DAS Plug, use it daily and enjoy it

Body :

Plug (or plugs) : DAS ......

What for i use it : ......

Support quality : ......

General opinion : ......
Of course, in this thread :
we would prefer that only customers (there are enough to have a good (or bad) general opinion - one more this morning :-) ) and users could post,
the ones who just tried the demo should not
And for Sure "basic ANTI DAS" (i mean anti the guys or the company itself) should not !!!

Should this be possible ?
Olive,
in my opinion, this is a thread more suitable for your own forum, not a public one like planet z. Instead, you could post something here such as, "we have posted a marketing survey on our DAS site. If you are a DAS customer, we would appreciate it if you would take a few moments and respond to the survey. Thanks, DAS"....something like that.

regards,
john b.
katano

Post by katano »

Immanuel,

Well said! I agree 100 percent!! I was preparing a similar speech. But you've already said everything that i had in mind. So once again, the way Immanuel described is, in my humble opinion, the one to go!

nice sunday to all,
Roman
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

i just want to say this is my favorite forum on the net... and those that know me a little know i am quite a forum junkie.

stop this nonsense plz, k, thanks ;)
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

I would ban the involved people after a final warning. The final warning should friendly but ultimately ask all people interested in talking DAS plugins and/or company gossip to do that somewhere else.

Personally, I'm pretty angry that postings about all this nonsense take so much space at PlanetZ!

Thank you,

kybernaut
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nice family Immanuel, thanks for letting us know your hearts path.

Faxinadu, your qoute from the Alamo stirs emotion in my American history molecules stashed away in my Cortex. It's nice to see that you read stuff like that. But Bull Run is my favorite still.

This thread was important for all SDK guys and CW's/ SonicCore's potential customers.

A new website devoted to this and C++ studies should be up and running tomorrow. Watch 4 that. As these recent threads devoted to the endless cackling hens, and rooster positions that some have taken, has caused this site to be born out of battle. So you see as long as there are people devoted to Scope Platform, SDK, and 3rd party developement, the drive to create, perform, and collaborate will continue. This looks to be a sprouting arm of creation.

When One Door Closes, Another One Opens.

JV
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Jimmy, what have you been reading? That is John and his family. :)
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

hi john
in my opinion, this is a thread more suitable for your own forum
The fact is that we absolutely don't like this kind of forums ... these are not forums, as you know
they are only places where brands take their communication sentences !!!

these kind of forums are always the same :
"Fantastic, i love your job,
you are the best ..."

We are not seeking that !!!

it is for us very important to have a real confrontation with users, from several horizons, and also contradictors ... and PZ is THE forum for that ...

We just propose some new plugs , some novative, some not but all the time, we put lots of energy and piece of heart in them !!!
more, we are the first users of them ! all the plugs we build, except the "commands" from fairlight or some VIP customers as JV, are for our own use ... and fortunately, when we propose them to public it costs some euros to our customers and if they buy we want them to be happy with them !!!

Once again, we are not developpers ... we are sound engineers, and DO love our job ...

The only "private" forum we could organise is "support forum" ... but till today, we can manage answer all the support question ... and so there's no need to a support forum, but one day, why not , if all this become tooo hard for a simple answer via email ... if this happen, for sure it will be kool ...

BTX thkx for your acvice ... but as i hope you understand, we don't want (or need) flowers ...

ANY WAY ... there is still a question unanswered :

WHO ARE THE INVOLVED PARTIES IN THIS "AFFAIR" ???
seems that no one want to answer it !!!!

Very strange behavior !

cheers
olive
wolf

Post by wolf »

John,

I'd say defer to the rules and ban whoever continuously breaks them & ignores well meant words.

Like you it hurts me seeing PlanetZ going this sad direction.
I'm with you regardless what your final decision is, even if that could mean to loose a great place full of worthwhile infos and crazy scopers & pulsarians.
However do what feels the best for *you*. It's your forum & work put in in the end.

Olive,

this thread is not primarily about you, your company or anyone else .. it is even not about who has thrown the 1st stone and not about pointing the finger onto someone.
It is about solving the frustrating situation which exists in this forum since some months.

peace .. please!
Wolfgang
eliam

Post by eliam »

Everyone involved in the heated debates have apoligized, except you and Eric... And to top off the "affair" you've branded us as "vendus" and various insults meaning "traitors" and "nazi collaborationists"...

Now you still try to find who's guilty and to whom point fingers at instead of cleaning your own mess... You keep on pushing the envelope here brother, to a point where it becomes so ridiculous it's almost hilarious!

You've clearly demonstrated for the nth time that you don't want to be humble and take the proper action and attitude to correct your own wrong... This is unfortunate, cause like many others I'd like to have you as members of this community, you clearly have a lot to contribute.

Nevertheless, I feel we've exhausted all options here and that a ban is perfectly appropriate. I fully support that you be given a ultimate warning (opportunity) to present formal apologies and adopt the proper constructive behaviour henceforth. Any other course of action from you would result in IMMEDIATE AND FINAL EXPULSION FROM THESE PAGES. For good.

We'll know when you release a plug-in, don't worry, even if it's not from you!
Michu

Post by Michu »

WHO ARE THE INVOLVED PARTIES IN THIS "AFFAIR" ???
seems that no one want to answer it !!!!
Could you please be more specific about what you mean?
Given your previous statement about happy threads praising other devs
this could be accidentaly misread as a rather nasty innuendo, again...
just because you cannot imagine something that doesn't exclude it from reality.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Olive, it is very hard to tell, who the involved parties are. The reason is, that this is a question of definition. When DAS calls someone a thief, then you may say, that these people are part of the other party (from your view point) no matter if they feel the same way themselves. So who is defining this? The person accusing or the person being accused? They may not have the same opinion, and there for there is no clear answer. This is just one straight forward example.

I also think a lot of people on Z feel, that they are involved in something they don't want to be part of - simply because the shit is all over, and you can not enter Z without seeing it. Maybe these people are on one side. Maybe they are on the other side. Maybe they have not chosen a side. But, they very likely feel that they are involved against their will.

So I can give no clear answer. But I hope you do remember which people has been called pirates by DAS. If you had called me a pirate and never gave me an excuse, you could be very sure, that I would be very much against you. That is just a hint. But it is no golden rule for finding the answer of your question.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Wolf,
PM's won't allow me to send pics anymore, even after deleting several great shots in the threads of yore.

Just so you know, MIDI Tool Box is a live players dream come true. Especially the auto function for stuck notes. I refuse to walk over to my DAW's during a gig, it is so Bush League.

Thank You,

JV.
astroman

Post by astroman »

sonolive wrote:...
it is for us very important to have a real confrontation with users, from several horizons, and also contradictors ... and PZ is THE forum for that ...
is that an attempt to add a humorous note to this ?
give me just one quote where Eric isn't exploding in the first moment someone comes up with a critical question or an observation that doesn't immediately praise his latest release. We're not even allowed to discuss digital audio problems in his presence, as he's the pro to tell us all.

I have appreciated you as a new developer with your first post, I have defended the screen layout of the RMX 160, I've written that it's a good reverb (only the demo has problems), I've wished you a happy new year, I've told you something I considered a secret which I had kept as such
and for 1 year I have to read Eric's lies about my intentions, that I'm leading a pack against his company, that I write all your plugins are bad, that I'm an unemployed nobody who's jealous and cannot afford a single device, that I'm pirating software, that I spread lies about digital clock etc etc.

dude, my patience isn't endless

if you have a problem to read, then I'll repeat it specially for you - for the very last time
there is only one party - and this party is called Eric's Communication Skills - nobody and nothing else

it is completely unacceptable that one single over-egocentric individual destroys a remarkable communications platform that has worked for years without him. Period.
if it wasn't for that I would have long quit from here - or do you really believe that I'm in need to read that rubbish over and over again ?
it is not the first time that Eric produced this situation (maomusique), so once again - who's supposed to act ?

cheers, Tom
Last edited by astroman on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

this thread is not primarily about you, your company or anyone else ..
wolf, primaly ... peharps ... but at the end you can see that it is a simple "public execution ... " and some want me to apologize ??? for what ???

i do not need peace ...
while i have never fought !

i do not want war too !!! i hate wars !

we just need a kool cohabitation (sorry don't know the translation but seems understandable enough)

the only one with whom i fought is hubird, one night long and because he has agressed DAS since the first post ... i still don't understand why, while i was a PZian much before DAS was born ...
and believe me : i WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE OR MAKE PEACE WITH HIM ... OK ?
And finally, this is not a problem ... we do not like us each others ... and after all : is that important ? no ...

i don't answer his attacks any more (except via PM) and all is ok !

The fact is that this thread is a continuous flow of bad feelings against us ...
i will not quote all these ... and you want me to apologize ???

This is incredible !!!

something more : there is absolutely no anger in my posts !

and each time i post i got 2 or 3 injurious post in response ...
is this an equitable discussion ?

Cheers
olive
spacef

Post by spacef »

wolf wrote:John,

I'd say defer to the rules and ban whoever continuously breaks them & ignores well meant words.

Like you it hurts me seeing PlanetZ going this sad direction.
I'm with you regardless what your final decision is, even if that could mean to loose a great place full of worthwhile infos and crazy scopers & pulsarians.
However do what feels the best for *you*. It's your forum & work put in in the end.

I will also support John's decision (eventhough I hope the forum will not be closed, as it would harm a lot of things).
Too bad there is no filter in phpbb that would allow not to see posts from the people you want to get away . that would be the ultimate diplomatic solution (but i haven't found such plug on phpbb mod forums, neither made a request for it).
Anyway,

Nice pic Jimmy, as always :-)
Last edited by spacef on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hubird

Post by hubird »

sonolive wrote:it is for us very important to have a real confrontation with users, from several horizons, and also contradictors ... and PZ is THE forum for that ...
if you realize what thread we are in and why, those words are the most cynical ones I've heard in my life.
I give up, ban them John, please, or leave them only the opportunity to announce.

edit: Sorry John for having addressed you personally in my former post, take it as an exclamation ;-)
(I agree to any decision you make, without any protest :-) ).
Last edited by hubird on Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 16 times in total.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

so ... this is endless and i am a bit tired writing (specially in english )

i have spent a kool and peacefull sunday !!!
so good night

i will read all your anger tomorrow !

ciao
olive
digitalaudiosoft

Post by digitalaudiosoft »

@ astroman

efface mon nom propre

salut.