Routing ASIO channels

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

I'm new to pulsar and i want to know what te best way is to route asio channels trough pulsar, and is there a possible way to route asio channels trough pulsar without using the Bigmixer because this module is very DSP-hungry....
DJKrooz

Post by DJKrooz »

Subject: Re: Routing ASIO channels

Just route ASIO into the Dynamixer instead of the Bigmixer.
Also creamware have just released a 24 chanel mixer (RM242) that uses up less dsp than the Big Mixer but gives more flexabilty than the Dynamixer. This can be bought for about £25 in the creamware shop.

Hope this helps.

Krooz.
Lotuz

Post by Lotuz »

Subject: RM242

I can recommend the RM242 (Luna) mixer. The BigMixer is a bit too complex for my needs and the DynaMixer is too simple. The RM242 is just perfect for me. And I think the RM242 looks a whole lot more realistic than the BigMixer (the way software looks is important to me).

There's something about the Pulsar mixers that I'd like to know though. I'm used to the VST Mixer and when you use an send or insert effect it makes no difference if it's a mono or stereo channel. But am I right that although two channels are combined in a Pulsar mixer you still have to use two effects (one on each channel) and apply the settings to both of them? Isn't it possible to connect both effects on combined channels that if you change the settings on one of the effects that the other one automatically changes too?