someone uses tc powercore mkII with creamware card??

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bronYaur

Post by bronYaur »

I have intention d to buy one tc powercore MKII only to run VIRUS synth
Someone uses to creamware with to powercore and virus virtual synth?
The virus for powercore sound like the hardware version?
Is possible buy only the powercore unplugged to run virus?
I have three scope cards and I would want to have to add this synth to my sonorous arsenal
Every answer and comment are appreciated

best regards

daniel,Italy

http://digilander.libero.it/AuDi0SlAvE/homestudio.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bronYaur on 2006-03-27 01:56 ]</font>
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

i think it's possible,
i've tried to run scope + uad cards without any problems.

With powercore unplugged you'll need to buy plugins separately, so, you can run the virus on it.
The virus powercore, should be equal to the virus a/b model, it's a 3 oscillators synthesizer wit a 3 sections modulation matrix.

I think scope is much better for synthesis than powercore, we have solaris, pro12, minimax and so on.

In my opinion, if you want to buy powercore just for the virus plug in, you trash your moneys......
bronYaur

Post by bronYaur »

also I have solaris,pro12,minimax etc.etc.
bat dont find in these synth the powerful sound of virus for my techno music,in any way i use also the plugins stuf of powercore bat my primary interest in run visur synth,thank for your reply and sorry for my english

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bronYaur on 2006-03-27 02:59 ]</font>
valis

Post by valis »

You're not going to find the Virus powercore sounds that different from the Scope synth line. I have a Virus Kb here in the studio to compare to and I certainly don't find that its "better", just another tool in the toolbox.
sinix

Post by sinix »

I run all three cards - no problems at all.

1x 15 DSP Scope
1x TC Powercore Element
1x UAD-1

I've got a lengthy post you can search for about my system in the "Tech Talk" forum.
gedas

Post by gedas »

Hi,

No probs here, running 2x PulsarII, 1xScope, 1x Powercore, and 1x UAD-1n on the same machine. Virus plugin sounds just like the hardware to my ears.
Wired

Post by Wired »

if you buy the mk2 just for the virus, i would suggest that you buy a virus c, not this yrs , but the one before, you can get a tabletop for 500.00 (canadian). ..don't waste your money on tc, i would suggest for effects that you go to uad, even then get a outboard comp like a tfpro p38 (awesome in the http://www.gearslutz.com reviews and for the money, you won't need another one for a while, i have a tc m2000 also,(this is hardware so it sounds very good), watch the money pit! of tc
hesnotthemessiah

Post by hesnotthemessiah »

Hi bronYaur. My current setup is:-

1 PC running Cubase VST5
2xScope Pro
1xUAD1 - with Cambridge, Dreamverb, Fairchild, Pultec Pro, 1176N, LA2A.
1xPCI PowercoreMKI - with Virus Unlimited
1xPCI PowercoreMKII - with Voice Modeler

1xPC running EnergyXT as host
1xUAD1 with 1176N, LA2A.
1xPCI PowercoreMKII

I bought the UAD1 cards first, then the Creamware cards, then the Powercore cards. I bought the Powercore MKI secondhand and it came with the Virus Unlimited, which was the main reason for my purchase. Then TC Electronics offered the upgrade to the MKII which was too good an offer to miss. I love the MKII so much - especially the Dynamic EQ, which, for me, has impoved my mixes to the point where I am getting close to being satisfied with my results. I previously used the Cambridge EQ but now use the Dynamic EQ as I love the fact that it keeps the overall level of the sound the same, can apply compresser/expander to each of the four EQs and has a superb user interface. For this reason and the extra porcessing power it gives to use the Virus, I would recommend a Powercore MKII. Plus you get Filtroid with the MKII which is a great sounding filter that will be very useful for the type of music the Virus is designed for. The Powercore Virus sounds great - far better than any VSTi that I have heard for trance/techno. Do a search and you should find good deals on secondhand Virus and Powercore MKII cards. I still love the Creamware cards for it's mixers, effects, instruments, routing window and connection possibilites - being able to route to and from all the various cards/Cubase/EnergyXT gives you so many options. My opinion is don't go hard - stay soft - you can switch on your computer, load up your song and all the settings are there. Sorry if I have gone on a bit here, I love all my cards and am so happy that I have now got a setup that I am really happy with and could not of dreamed of having a few years ago. Now what do I do with all my midi gear?.........
bronYaur

Post by bronYaur »

Thanks to all for the replyes,I have found one MKII to secon hand from one studio and want buy it with virus unlimited,

(wow hesnotthemessiah you have one big super computer dsp,I think virus is one "must have"sound tools for my home studio and I want continue to have all in one box pc,big thanks to you)

very thank
Beast ragards

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bronYaur on 2006-04-04 00:47 ]</font>
hesnotthemessiah

Post by hesnotthemessiah »

Hope you like the Virus bronYaur, I am sure you will. Make sure and download all the freely available banks - I downloaded about 30 banks, can't remember where from, but if you do a Google search you should find them. Might have been "PatchArena". Make sure and read the Patch Management chapter in the Virus guide (page 15 to 20)as this is a real help when making your own sounds and creating favourite banks. Filtroid is one mean filter - amazing that it is now given away free (just after I bought one for my MKI card!) and the Dynamic EQ is awesome!! I have had a little play with Character and that seems quite useful. PM if you like...I would like to hear what you think of the card and Virus.

Cheers...:smile: