Where are the girls ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Of the current 679 Planet Z members how many are females? Here's my guess: none. OK, maybe one or two will surface, and probably some people will create a new logon and pretend to be female, but if Planet Z was that desert island the human race would be in serious trouble.

Why so few females? You'd think that electronic music was a more likely field: keyboards, rather than phallic guitars or club-beating drums.

Is it because Pulsar is a high-tech gizmo and it drives away females not prepared to wrestle with OS optimisation and related fun? Is electronic music even more male-dominated than other forms? Would Planet Z feel like a different place with the other half of the population contributing - you know, like how a houseful of guys changes as soon as a female moves in...

Your thoughts gentlemen...?
maket

Post by maket »

Hi,guys! i'd love to,actually,play this games(my hasbent does)but i dont have time (i"m musician,playing in a band) and i dont have my own computer(my hasbent using it all time,making music on pulsar )so if you have say me something interesting...
Best wishes guys!
Air_PoLLo

Post by Air_PoLLo »

LOL
ontik

Post by ontik »

I reckon your right.

This is just sheer dicksville :lol:

If you think about it though we're all inclined to have the odd whinge once in a while so can you imagine the amout of complaining we would be subjected to if there were more women involved in this site??

Maybe its best the way it is. Maybe we should up the amount of tit and fart jokes since it is unlikely that we will offend.

Just a thought.... (sorry :wink: )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ontik on 2001-12-03 05:42 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

hmmm
Mo

Post by Mo »

don´t know what about you, but <i>i</i> think that creamware products <i>are female</i>, so they only attract male musicians - "one that is fetching the food, putting the dishes on the table, cooking and eating the whole meal" jeah, no difference between women and pulsar... :grin:

have fun (with girls),
Mo
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

You might have something there. I always wondered why the Germans chose to call their company "creamware"

:wink:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Hey, but atleast I've personally helped lots of female vocalists with the Pulsar! Not that it brings them into the community but anyway...

Or I know a girl who's into SQL programming and makes computer simulations of cells... maybe she's the type that'll be able to handle something like this. Too bad she's not into music at all. Why don't we have any women when science has women doing simulations!!
Frontline Studio

Post by Frontline Studio »

<Switching on my socio-psycological mode>

To my best of knowlegde, it's typical for us male species to play with Tech Toys like the Pulsar.
Per example: when you ask a man what car he drives, he nows the brand, type, engine, horsepower, etc. When asked the same question to a women, she'll tell you the colour! It's a different world baby...
The book by John Gray (Men are from Mars, Women from Venus) elaborates more about the differences between both sexes. Read it, learn from it!

<mode switched off>
Back to our Tech Toy! :smile:
CU,

John.
garyb

Post by garyb »

maybe some of you guys are just fronting..............
Air_PoLLo

Post by Air_PoLLo »

I've read that book! :smile:
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Hey John! I have no idea what kind of motor there is in my car. It takes me from point A to point B is all I'm concerned with. :lol:
Are we listening?..
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

I think it's my fate to read this book, about a month ago my friend and his wife suggested me to read this, too
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

samplaire wrote:I think it's my fate to read this book, about a month ago my friend and his wife suggested me to read this, too
maybe someone is trying to tell you something? :lol: just kidding. . .
maket

Post by maket »

Hello again!
The letter before was really wrote by my wife.She's like Pulsar and know PlanetZ as my favorite page,she even tryed registered,but it's no way from one computer(some deffence?)
So,she can write here,but under my name(unfortunately).
P.S. She even know how most of modular patches sounds and can say the name of presets without glanse on monitor.
She told me that we need page with SFX upload here in PlanetZ
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Current totals:

697 male
1 (unregistered) female

Anyone know any forums where the ratio is reversed ?

:wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spirit on 2001-12-08 04:16 ]</font>
borg

Post by borg »

well, it's been a while since my last visit, and i was just going through the lot.
well, boys, you ought to get out to the real world once in a while. or maybe not: i'm working in theatre now (a musical, as a stage engineer). it 's a fun job, it pays well, i have nice collegues, including some, no, a lot of very interesting, attentive, caring, and, of course, beautiful women!!!!!
now that i've had my share, it's back to music and pulsar and planet Z, and do i care if there are a trillion female specimen, as long as we have persons like subhuman, air, sam,... for instance, to guide us through the dark. i like to see my machine go fast and furious. and it doesn't matter who's giving it fuel. there are some nice, smart or whatever folks around, girls and boys.
btw, i sometimes feel quite happy without females :roll: around, so why not on our male planet?
my mac has been out for a few weeks, but it came back with cubase 5.1, pulsar pro pack and an extra 256Mb or RAM (have not tested it yet, first things first, check the planet). next month, i'm gonna get me a set of monitors and a midi controller.
i'm glad she doesn't live too near, but she's out there somewhere :razz: