How the heck does poly work???

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I know, I know... it's a dumb question.. I don't have the modular manual at hand right now so I just wanted to do a quick check. Coming from a Nord Modular background.. this whole Poly thing is new to me. I mean, all I had to do was to change the "voice" number in Nord Modular..
(stop whining...)

Is there a specific way I have to route the signals? I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time.. or well, maybe I am. Anyway, I've got this fixed formant synth running in mono. I change the voice number.. still mono. Check out the resulting formant though... it's a killer vocoder modulator that's the average of all the vowels. Though, I took the analysis from me singing a middle C.. I still need to figure out how the formant changes when I go up into higher pitches. It's still too many overtones.. I want a strong f0 tone.. Right now it's still pretty much a robot, not "singing".

Anyway, I'll post the patch in the Modular Patches forum if you want to take a look at it. And it also happens to be my.. first modular post! hurraaaaay!
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

are you using the poly out module before the outs? ya need to . . .
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Yes, just look at one of the factory patches which come with Mod2 to see the use of Poly Out.

Ben
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Yeah.. got it. sorry for askin' a dumb question. Couldn't have been any simpler.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

no question is dumb if ya don't know the answer! :wink:
six_wax

Post by six_wax »

Can you poly out envelopes into a monophonic oscillation dest (like a filter)?

i.e. multiple notes adding to an envelope

-E.