modIII incompatible preset file...???

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

annecyops

Post by annecyops »

Man, this is really wierd, but I just recently installed the optimaster, so I had to do this reinstall the whole software... okay, no big deal, but now everytime I work my modIII it doesn't seem to want to successfully save the presets that I make. And it doesn't want to load up presets that made previous to the reinstallment. This is crazy!!! Anyway, does anyone know what the deal may be?? Damn, it sucks when this kind of thing happens...
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

You might want to check this thread. This is an ongoing ModIII problem.

Mr A

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Arkadin on 2005-02-16 21:32 ]</font>
annecyops

Post by annecyops »

Awe damn man, are you serious?? Okay, so I'm going to check out the "this thread" thing... thanks Mr. A
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

You are talking about your saved patches? This is weird, I have my saved patches and their preset files stored in a folder that I can use with all installations It happens to have, on different partitions etc....never had this problem. This problem arises only if you change something in the patch in terms of connections and modules used, otherwise it shouldn't. Modular preset bug is not a bug really.
An hypothesis is that some dsp files used by modules are changed as version with the new installation, and I'm not sure it could be a problem, but you should have installed a different version of the Software to make this happen eventually...

Is the new installation the same version of the previous?
And just a curiosity: why did you have to reinstall software to install Optimaster?
annecyops

Post by annecyops »

It was the same version of software (v4) that I installed & basiclly the reason why I did was because in the past when I got the sts 5k and so on, the installation was way weird, like people were telling me to do it a few different ways and all, then someone said that the instruments (non 3rd party) and effects were already on the card, I just had to get the sn for them and then try to reinstall the whole thing, then import the allkeys.skf. So that worked with on probs and so everytime I got some new kit for it I just reinstalled the sucker. Never thought that it would just hick up like this. I don't know. I'm going to investigate the "read this thread thing that Mr. A said. Damn, that just put a fattttt monkey wrench on my schedule, etc. Anyway...
annecyops

Post by annecyops »

Oh man, so I just read the "THIS THREAD" and it seems that there is absolutely no solution for this! Oh oh no!! That means that the tracs that I made, I have no real means to go in and sample the MODIII sounds that I made... oh no. Guys, I'm really not to concerned with MODIII theories right now, I just want to know if any MODIII guru has any idea how to fix this problem, or actually, does anyone have some kind of bug fix from Creamware. I kind of don't think they'll help me out, seeing that they don't really reply to anyone. I'm f**ked
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

No, you really don't need to reinstall everytime you get a new device - that would be insane. You really only need to do it if something doesn't work. Shame, too late now, although i'm surprised you haven't come across this problem before. i think a partial solution is building in the Mod2 shell, but that's as far as my Modular knowledge goes.
eliam

Post by eliam »

mod2 does the same dumb thing here! "the presets are only X% compatible" stuff...
Maybe we should shower cw with requests for it to be fixed quickly...

I'll write to them tomorrow...
wayne

Post by wayne »

I concur with Alfonso - resave the presets & entire device after doing anything in the patch, and it is fine.