FOR SALE Creamware / Sonic Core Pulsar 2 DAW - Vintage Digital Audio Workstation

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

subimage

FOR SALE Creamware / Sonic Core Pulsar 2 DAW - Vintage Digital Audio Workstation

Post by subimage »

For sale is a VINTAGE DIGITAL AUDIO WORKSTATION.

This production station is hand-built with love, from the days before CPUs were powerful enough to do everything on-chip. This is a PCI powerhouse, containing 4 premium digital audio cards, and a selection of throwback audio production software.

Unfortunately I need to let this go in short order, and cannot justify holding onto this beauty any longer. This thing is an early-00’s beast, and comes with the following…

- 1x Creamware / Sonic Score Pulsar 2 PCI Soundcard with 6 DSPs
- 2x Creamware / Sonic Core Pulsar Sound cards with 4 DSPs each
- 1x UAD-1 DSP soundcard processor

The system is spec’d out with an Athlon 64 x2 processor, 3gb ram, 4 HDs totaling over 1TB in storage space. It’s loaded with Windows 7, Cubase 5, and SONIC CORE SCOPE v5 with a selection of plugins including Modular 3, Minimax, Vectron, and more.

Also included is an audio interface, the CREAMWARE LUNA 2496, which includes 8 INS and 8 OUTS of RCA sound.

If you’re interested in the entire system, I’ll include Keyboard, Mouse, NEC LCD 20” monitor, and an AKAI MPD24 control surface.
OPEN TO TRADES + CASH, if you have analog synths you feel like parting with, or things of the ELEKTRON variety.

CARDS ARE CONNECTED WITH A HOME MADE CABLE THAT WORKS GREAT

MAKE ME AN OFFER
Last edited by subimage on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
subimage

Re: FOR SALE Creamware / Sonic Core Pulsar 2 DAW - Vintage Digital Audio Workstation

Post by subimage »

Attaching Pictures here…
screenshot_cpu-ram.png
screenshot_cpu-ram.png (87.74 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
screenshot_uad-info.png
screenshot_uad-info.png (269.21 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
screenshot_disks.png
screenshot_disks.png (62.52 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
screenshot_uad-info.png
screenshot_uad-info.png (269.21 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
IMG_6789.jpeg
IMG_6789.jpeg (3 MiB) Viewed 2197 times
subimage

Re: FOR SALE Creamware / Sonic Core Pulsar 2 DAW - Vintage Digital Audio Workstation

Post by subimage »

Shots of the cards
IMG_6795.jpeg
IMG_6795.jpeg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 2193 times
IMG_6796.jpeg
IMG_6796.jpeg (2.21 MiB) Viewed 2193 times
IMG_6797.jpeg
IMG_6797.jpeg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 2193 times
IMG_6799.jpeg
IMG_6799.jpeg (2.87 MiB) Viewed 2193 times
at0m

Post by at0m »

Maybe add this important detail: what country are you selling, will you be shipping from?
One usually doesn't want to transfer such across the pond, for example.
Last edited by at0m on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
subimage

Post by subimage »

My apologies! I'm located in Northern California, USA
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

I am so heartened to see a system like this. It's as venerable and relevant today as the day it was built and before.

My Luna Z-Link I/O died two years ago and I moved the lines over to ADAT but I'm very tempted for reasons of pure nostalgia. Sometimes I look at where it used to sit and just remember how good it was.

This is a fantastic setup for someone looking to jump into the platform. I wouldn't use it for a DAW these days but connect it up to another fast box with SSDs and some RAM for the DAW and route everything through the Scope box. With a good ADAT interface to the DAW machine, you can go both ways, in and out, back and around and use this goodie just as it is as a rock-solid first-class studio.

Someone is going to be very happy with this "budget" Scope system.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
subimage

Post by subimage »

In an interest to move this, I will consider offers on just the SCOPE cards as a unit. Offers accepted through PM