WTB ADAT & Z-Link expansion board

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mcal27

WTB ADAT & Z-Link expansion board

Post by Mcal27 »

Hi folks. Just acquired a Soniccore A16 to add to my Pulsar & Powersampler system and would like to get the expander board to give me the additional Z-Link I/O to use all 16 ins and outs.

I’m based in the uk fwiw.

Thanks. Alan
at0m

Re: WTB ADAT & Z-Link expansion board

Post by at0m »

Hoi Alan!

Firstly, welcome to the board! :)

Telling from your gear list, your Pulsar card is a Pulsar1 (4 DSP). The ADAT & Z-Link IO board is a daughterboard. Such daughterboards make for the IO on 2nd generation hardware, namely Scope and Pulsar2, 14/15 and 6 DSP respectively. As such, the Z-Link board is not an expansion board that can be fitted on Pulsar1's. Z-Link board allows 96kHz operation, ADAT maxes out at 48kHz. Unless you SMUX, ofc, but then indeed you'd loose half the channels.

So your options would be to either use the 2 ADAT ports to hook up all 16 channels of the A16, or to find a Pulsar2 (or Scope) card with Z-Link board.

I do have a Z-Link board to swap for a Classic or, even better, all-ADAT IO daughterboard.

I hope this explains some!
at0m.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
Mcal27

Post by Mcal27 »

at0m, thanks so Much for this info! I work at 48khz so I think connecting via ADAT will be the way to go. I have enough DSP for my requirements I think.

Thanks for saving me a lot of time :) !

Alan
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

at0m wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:15 pm
I do have a Z-Link board to swap for a Classic or, even better, all-ADAT IO daughterboard.
check your PM plz.

:)

Bud
at0m

Post by at0m »

Mcal27 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:15 pm [...] I work at 48khz so I think connecting via ADAT will be the way to go.[...]
Check my post there on ADAT cables - from my own experience, some which to get and which certainly not.

Hope this saves you some more trouble :)
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
Mcal27

Post by Mcal27 »

Got it. Just read. I ordered some new toslink cables, will try later today if clients leave me in peace lol

Alan