sold: second gen. Pulsar 2

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

pranza

sold: second gen. Pulsar 2

Post by pranza »

Hi!

A good chance to get teeth into Scope platform - It's a Pulsar II second generation with Z-link i/o and many, many plugins, including all Zarg, Sonic Timeworks bundle, many DAS, SpaceF, Brainworx, Orbitone, SPL, Osiris XP from Algorithmix (that one doesn't work under 64bit), G.O.S.T., Adern (incl. Flexor3) and everything S|C including Modular 4.

~sold
Last edited by pranza on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Obelix

Re: second gen. Pulsar 2 for sale - 5.1 and many plugins! Z-

Post by Obelix »

Well, Audiofanzine's argus says a Pulsar II board values 154€ as 2nd hand (transport fees out) and a few days ago, I bough a pack with a Pulsar II SRB, 2*Luna II and a Luna Box for 100€ w. a bunch of synths, licenses etc, and I missed a Scope Pro w. SFP 5.1/3 ADAT plate/Sync Plate/lotsa plugins @ 500€ ( :cry: :( ), so it looks quite feasible for me to consider the argus price tag as a convenient offer?
(basicly, the 'Argus' is the name of the french newpaper that is considered to fix the reference price of 2nd hand cars, it has extended as anything like which is considered as a reference on the 2nd hand market, it's based on the price claimed by vendors ans the price paid buy buyers to calculate the value. Sorry, I don't know how to call such practice in english).
hubird

Post by hubird »

The problem is: people want the hardware (the DSP), not the software in the first place, imho. S/C has already exploited the software for the legacy cards to the bottom, most card owners have already all (wanted) plugs.

It's less likely someone has enough DSP but no software...

There are two exceptions to this for the offered card: Osiris and, to a less degree, Brainworks BX.
But you need to find someone who wants exactly these.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

well i sold one last year with 5.1 and lots of extra plugs for £300

so it depends on the person buying if its some one who has never owned scope then its better to sell to them as with out scopes sales you would not be able to buy half of those plugs for £300

and the brainworks stuff is no longer sold

the biggest problem though is the zlink which means your tied to a zlink interface unlike adat which is a common standard and can interface with any sound card with adat

we use appogee and focusrite and because they both support adat make it easy to interface scope with out mac systems as just hardware devices
Obelix

Post by Obelix »

well i sold one last year with 5.1 and lots of extra plugs for £300
Well, maybe you can get a better sale here.
For now, there are severa PII systems for sale in my country, one is PII SFP v5.1, big plugins bundle @230€, one is PulsarII+ @ 250€ and this is the same guy that sold a Scope Pro @600€, SFP 5.1 too, funny fact : he was selling all that for 700€ firstly! The full bundle was for sale since june 2014 and only the Scope Pro was sold just b4 x-mas... I was disgusted because the guy took contact just a few hours b4 me.
There's another system to take, guy wants 800€ for 3 Pulsar II in a Magma box and a PI+, but he accepts to sell the PI+ standalone for 80€, here too, SFP 5.1 and a big bunch of plugos...
so it depends on the person buying if its some one who has never owned scope then its better to sell to them as with out scopes sales you would not be able to buy half of those plugs for £300
Oh, you know, I could go on w. just a PII and a SFP 5.1, in fact, I don't care getting a lots of paywares with it. I used a Scope Pro I when I worked in a studio end 90's/beginning 00's and still got my old PI+ from this time, I'm not really knew on this forum although I hadn't found back my old L/P, so new Id. You and I know that actual computers are much much powerfuller than those of 15 years ago and if it ain't real time, my little EMU 1820M can run w only 2ms of latency and has ProTools converters...
As I got a PI+, had got a PII SRB and two Lunas, an A16 Ultra and Luna Box, maybe will I put two PCs Creamware equiped in the future studio I'm about to build in the Attic, but I'm clearly driven by the fact I'm on a budjet so the PI+ at 80€ will maybe be buyed too and a PII could be bought, but errrr, sorry, getting a board w. SFP 5.1 would be OK, but I'm less interested getting paywares too, there's a lot of freewares and what can't be done with Scope can be done by VST stuff, maybe will you be surprised, but my biggest intersts in getting legacy Creamware stuff is because I use guitar synthesizers and with it, you got to use hardware synths because if u cumulate g-synth latency with asio latency and midi latency, it's near to be unplayable and, in SFP, there is... the MiniMax so having a Moog modelisation running real time w polyphony, well, I can't afford a single Moog Voyager XL rack, so getting 6 for my 6 strings is no option and the Arturia VSTi sux for using with a g-synth (and I spent already enough money in the real Oberheim, real Roland MKS50 and Cheetah MS6). in other ways, I had the A16 ultra for very cheap too and I really loved using the Scope when working at the studio, the GUI is too cool and the routing capabilities rocks.

Anyway, I'm low on money as I bought 8 mics incl. 2 big tube statics, tube mic-preamps and lotsa other shits for the studio so even if I wanted to spend 300£ -which is not the case-, I couldn't for now and maybe for a long time as I got to buy everything to build the studio, even if I build bass traps and diffusers myself...

Sorry dude, I can't help you
pranza

Post by pranza »

Z-link i/o option has Z-link and one ADAT, instead of two ADAT like classic, so it's still here.

Obelix, 154 for a bare Pulsar2 SRB is ok!
Obelix

Post by Obelix »

Nope, argus sais 154 is for a Pulsar II w. I/Os and not a SRB.
Bought a bundle Pulsar IISRB+2*Luna II+Luna Box for 100€.
In fact, the box named "Scope Home" included a PII SRB+Luna II... I always taught they sold a PII under this name, the 2nd box had a Luna II+Luna Box.
Had seen some PIIs under 154€ in the past...
Anyway, wth all the studio stuff I bought, now I'm outa cash for the acoming 2 weeks :lol:
Good luck
piotreksz03

Post by piotreksz03 »

Helo
I want to offer 350Euro for Pulsar2 and 5.1 sonic core only, without extra plugins

or

200euro for Pulsar2 only

??
garyb

Post by garyb »

you can't separate the keys from the card.
Eanna

Post by Eanna »

Obelix wrote:but my biggest intersts in getting legacy Creamware stuff is because I use guitar synthesizers
Hi Obelix - what you using for Pitch Tracking? Using Modular IV PLL module, or Flexor module, or something else?
You using Guitar? Ever try bass with your setup?

Cheers, Eanna
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard...
Obelix

Post by Obelix »

My g-synth system is using Axon AX100 and Axon AX50, this system works firstly on pick attack then only adds pitch tracking. It is compatible with Roland GK2 and GK3 pichups.
Axon licenced Yamaha, so their G50 uses the same methods, then Terratec bought Axon, but, after building the Axon AX100 MkII and the AX50, they discontinued it, no fun as it is the faster way to convert guitar played parts to midi on a real guitar. Usually, you can get an Axon AX100 MkII for 250€ and a G50 for 150€.
There are some other systems which are faster but these are becoming old and u could have to service these. Look for SynthAxe (could be very expensive : round 300 built, 20.000£ when they were new, used by Holdsworth...), you can look for the Stepp or, the cheapest, the Yamaha G10+G10C, maybe the Casio DG20 can run as fast? I can't tell, but I've seen G10+G10C and DG20 for sale at 300€...

BTW, I'm now in touch w. s.o that has two Scope Pro for sale @800€, I'm negociating to just buy one, but he needs to sell both, maybe there's someone for the 2nd board, but not certain for now, so there is maybe a 400€ scope pro to take for s.o else. (if s.o is interested). One has the XLR, one has the RCA i/o
hubird

Post by hubird »

Obelix, pm sent :)
Obelix

Post by Obelix »

OK, I forward! X fingers both for you and for me!
astroman

Post by astroman »

ot here, but as you mentioned it above: as a guitar player you can't handle a Casio DG20
imagine e-guitar, but touching nylon strings - all untuned
but it gets even better:
those strings aren't fixed at the bridge, but end in a spring (each with a trigger magnet)
tune down your regular axe 3 octaves - thats what it feels like :P
pitch is generated by microswitches below those rubber frets (works amazingly well)
there's no bending whatsoever - except synth pitchbend

but the piece of crap is kind of cool nevertheless - the simple synth does a good job
(given what's inside - it's not entirely a toy engine, but one of Casio's better designs)
midi is ok, it's a keyboard in disguise after all :D
but not very durable, the rubber fretboard comes off after time (haven't fixed mine yet)

cheers, Tom
Obelix

Post by Obelix »

I can't tell for the Casio, never handled one, that's why I wrote "maybe" as reviews are mixed...
(But yeaaah, it looks great).
Most of those specialized controllers are a bit odd, i.e only g-strings on the SynthAxe. The Yamaha looks like the only serious thing you can hope to get for cheap, fully working SynthAxe or Stepp are out of budget for most people.
The Axon is IMHO the best thing to use as a guitar to midi controller for s.o who wants to use a real guitar. It ain't perfect but is 2/3 times faster than Roland detection.
But the GR300 or GR300 modelisation in VG99/GR55 are faster as they are not pitch detection things but are treatments on each string...
I'd love to get a real GR300 for my Roland G707, just got the GR700 which has the same kind of tracking as an old GR50, it is even slower than the GR1->GR55 systems (but the guitar is really great! I love it! Fujigen Gakki custom shop from the golden era in 1984! Roxxoe!)
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

I offer 180euros for the card and scope 5.1, without the z link plate
cemhot

Post by cemhot »

Maybe this thread is appropriate to ask this noobie kind of question.

I remember that some time a new kind of cards was released with more powerful (new) DSPs.

Are these the so called "second generation" cards or do you call
the second cards with better latency (let's say 4ms instead of 30ms) "second generation" cards?
I mean Pulsar 1 (30ms latency) is 1st generation
and Pulsar 2 (low latency) is 2nd generation?
How then do i distinguish the cards with the better DSPs?
You got me?
It shouldnt be so difficult, just i dont know.
Thanks!

Edit
if the offered card is with fast DSPs, i want it :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

first generation cards -if not used as system license carrier- 'adept' to the faster 2nd gen. latency.
The DSP's are just added to those already available.
At least that's how I understood.
garyb

Post by garyb »

all Scope cards have the same dsps. the "newer" cards work better. a Pulsar2 is one of the "newer" cards.
cemhot

Post by cemhot »

aaahh...oooohhh
perfectly explained, guys, thanks.
i thought they at least announced something after the pulsar 2 with better DSPs,
other than the Xite.