I want the propack mixer &FX, but I've already got Mod2 & ST

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dblbass

Post by dblbass »

the new mixer and FX bundle sound nice, and I know the price is not high, but it still irks me that this bundle includes two valuable bits I already have.

What I really want is ST5000. Anybody want to make a price or a trade? If I bot the propack, I should end up with second keys for each of Mod2 and STS3000 (alredy have one each). Any way to make an exchange, whereby I end up with ST5000?

Sorry, not sure if this is a real proposal, or just a public gripe. any ideas?
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I'm in a similar position: already have the 3000 and ModV2. I'm sitting tight and waiting for the desk and effects to be sold separately....

As I've said many times before, this is stupid marketing by CW. Unless you surmise that CW deliberately wanted the resale price of the STS3000 and ModV2 to fall to rock-bottom in the hope that existing (Non-STS and ModV2) users would pick up a "bargain" and encourage them to buy more devices or to progress along the upgrade path. But even though the used gear is very cheap the "new" price officially stays the same thereby preserving the illusion of a high-price and by association, high-quality device. But this is far too convoluted, surely?

But I can't think of any other reason...