Sequencers with Pulsar

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

caleb

Post by caleb »

Ooops. Clarification!

You can select multiple ASIO outputs it just wasn't apparent at first.
Caleb

Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.
Robert

Post by Robert »

I must live on a different planet to you guys!
You talk about a midi sequencer and then start talking about Cubase and Logic. They're hundreds of pounds and for what? All you want is a simple midi program.
I use a shareware midi program called Noteworthy it does all I want it to, I don't believe in over-complicating things. And I believe in 'playing everything in'.
It might sound ridiculous, but I used to use EZ Tracks on my Atari back in '92 and that was fine!

Robert

And hear the pleasant cuckoo, loud and long,
The simple bird that thinks two notes a song.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert on 2002-03-03 14:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert on 2002-03-03 14:01 ]</font>
caleb

Post by caleb »

That's interesting.

I too don't think much of spending that much money for Cubase and Logic which is why I use shareware sequencers.

I do want some "creativity enhancing" features though. But you play everything in? Good for you. I do that sometimes, but most often I'm too particular about where the notes go. It will be my undoing eventually I'm sure. I should remove the crutch of quantizisation from my music and go for a more natural feel.

I'm really stuck on Muzys now. It has answered most of my prayers and is set to get even better I reckon. And at $99 US it's priced very competitively.

But I think you do make an important point. It's what you're comfortable using rather than what's the most popular software that should make your decision for you. When I got a version of Logic with a previous soundcard I decided to ditch the whole idea of that software because I just didn't like using it and spent my time with n-Track Studio, my favourite multi-tracker. I've never regretted my decision.
Caleb

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I've been a Cubase user since the Atari days starting with the very stable and simple Cubasis - which I still use. I'm now on 5.1 but with only one PulsarII card I'm forced to dump to audio. But if you need multiple audio tracks I find AcidPro 3.0 much faster and friendly to work with, so that's where I mainly "live".

But best of all would be a native sequencer within the Pulsar environment.

Bring on Galaxy ! :wink:
Michu

Post by Michu »

Caleb,
i would like to thank you for letting me know about Muzys exisistance.
i realy enjoy its way of getting loops and sequences organized and the guy behind it is great. i've got registration for taking part in beta program :grin:
caleb

Post by caleb »

That's OK. I'm happy to help out the Muzys guys. They've got a product that I really like to use.

Would be great to see it develop even further.
Caleb