Scope / U16 Studio Setup

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

q8composer

Post by q8composer »

Hey guys ..

im still in that phase wondering weather to buy a Scope system or not .. i would just like to ask a couple of questions and would like of u to answer some if posible ..

Before that let me tell u all what my studio set up is like ..

Unitor 8
Proteus 2000
Proteus /3
Korg Triton Module
Korg Sr5 Module
yamaha piano touch keyboard " main keybord "
4 Studio Microphones ( AKG - Shure - Alesis )
2 Alesis adat XT
Alesis CD recorer
Tascam Cassete Deck
Alesis MKII Monitors
Emagic Logic Control Mixer and Logic 5 <-- when relesed

im going for the Scope/SP with U16

1- would i need an external digital mixer for the inputs of mic's and moudles or just plug them into the U16 ?

2- would i have talk back to the studio room from control room by the mixer with the scope ?

well please guys if u have any clue just feed me back cause im really lost here .. i dont know how to set this setup ..

thanx ..
wayne

Post by wayne »

I believe the new a16 has balanced quarter inch connections (if it's like the old one), with switchable +12 db on each in & -12db over the outs. Talkback is available on PulsarMixer, works well :smile:
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

quote: 1- would i need an external digital mixer for the inputs of mic's and moudles or just plug them into the U16 ?

if you have scope/logic, you already have two digital mixing options, you would just need a control surface, which the logic control supplies. I believe that you would want some preamps for the mics though -
A suggestion: Sell the ADATS and CD Recorder, buy a CDRW for your computer, and pick up some nice mic pre's . . .
q8composer

Post by q8composer »

Hi algorhythm ..

thanx for the tip .. but i didnt get u well .. u mean to say that i should just get some mic pre amps and conect my mics to it then to the U16 ?

and why to seel the adats ? it is standerd studio use ..

one more silly question if u can get to me .. is u mean that i can connect my monitors directly to the U16 and have enough out puts for the cdrw and casste tape deck ?

oh yeh one more about the talk back .. i mean im kinda slow here but how would the talk back in the scope mixer work .. meaning there should be a mic in the control room im i right or ehhhh :razz:

thanx anyways
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

q8composer wrote:
u mean to say that i should just get some mic pre amps and conect my mics to it then to the U16 ?
yes
and why to seel the adats ? it is standerd studio use ..
you'll only need an ADAT for clients, cuz you'll have a bomb ass DAW to record into which will sound better. Keep one just in case, but two seems silly . . .
is u mean that i can connect my monitors directly to the U16 and have enough out puts for the cdrw and casste tape deck ?
you could connect everything, but I meant to sell the CDRW, and use on in the computer instead.
oh yeh one more about the talk back .. i mean im kinda slow here but how would the talk back in the scope mixer work .. meaning there should be a mic in the control room im i right or ehhhh :razz:
you would need a mic in the control room, going into an Input of the A16, you can then set this up as a talkback in the Pulsar/Scope Mixer, you just need to set up two monitoring systems on the outputs of the A16 - one for control room, one for headphone mix . . .

hope this helps. basically, the A16 will do what you need it to. A SCOPE system with an A16 just makes some of your gear obsolete was my point. :grin:
q8composer

Post by q8composer »

Hey algorhythm ..

Wow u amaze me by the word .. i just cant wait to get my hands on the Scope/SP and U16 :grin: ..

Thanx allot
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

hey, the products speak for themselves :wink:
and check out http://www.infinitevortex.com for the best prices on CW cards

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: algorhythm on 2002-02-05 20:43 ]</font>