What is your "go-to" midi controller ?

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

spacef

Post by spacef »

looking for ideas and entertainment
with pics and links when possible please ! (it's more fun)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
Berny Shoes

Re: What is your "go-to" midi controller ?

Post by Berny Shoes »

BCR
BCF
Linnstrument
Stanton da Scratch
Wacom Intuos
Arturia Keystep
Erae Touch
Xite Knight v2.0

Post by Xite Knight v2.0 »

Joué Board for synth control
BCR for Spacef KrOn control
astroman

Post by astroman »

TC-Data on iPad...
http://www.bitshapesoftware.com/instruments/tc-data/
There definitely is an intial learning curve (compared to knobs and sliders) for it‘s so unusual to analyze motions regarding distance, speed, angle, etc which generate the midi note and CC events.
But results are highly rewarding.
You can create dynamically scaled CCs, relations between multiple CCs and apply them right on the note grid within the same touch that triggers the note(s).

ps: an iPad-2 is sufficient, so you can „build“ a sophisticated custom controller for very low costs.
borg

Post by borg »

the new BCR32 looks great: https://www.musicradar.com/news/behring ... uencer-too

I have two old BCRs for scope, but mainly use Push 1 or Akai MPD232 with Ableton. Got quite some over the years (faderfox, PadKontrol (best drumpads for me), m-audio code49,...) all still laying around, but the Push is the most used controller. It's starting to show its age, so I hope they get a Push 3 before my 1 starts to crap out.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
dawman

Post by dawman »

borg wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:03 pm the new BCR32 looks great: https://www.musicradar.com/news/behring ... uencer-too

I have two old BCRs for scope, but mainly use Push 1 or Akai MPD232 with Ableton. Got quite some over the years (faderfox, PadKontrol (best drumpads for me), m-audio code49,...) all still laying around, but the Push is the most used controller. It's starting to show its age, so I hope they get a Push 3 before my 1 starts to crap out.

I’ll be getting one of those.
I’m all in on Behringer’s MIDI gear, have the old BCF2000.
Lots of 3rd party stuff, well then there’s BCM by SHARC too.

Awesomeness
spacef

Post by spacef »

The BCR 32 is certainly a great update. Before it came out, the Novation Lauch control XL looked sexy, but it doesn't have a screen whereas the Studiologic SL Mixface has one, but much less controls.
I don't have an ipad but it will have to look into those configurable software controllers.

Anyway, change of plans, I need a midi keyboard because mine is dead. I will get the arturia keystep 37 because of the false-note protection/scales, the aftertouch, that i need to make devices. It's not a player keyboard, but i don't play much anymore. Looks like a great complement to my setup. and it has 4 midi CC knobs :-)
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
dante

Post by dante »

Wonder if the BCR32 sequencer has a resolution as good as 384 pulses per quarter note.
Peter Drake

Post by Peter Drake »

Linnstrument, so good. Being able to change the note layout is amazingly powerful. Also, Roger Linn is a super nice and gracious person.
For knobs, two DJ Tech Tools Midi Fighter Twisters are more than I need, and I need a lot of knobs. Programmable led colors is a huge plus in organization and usability.