The Sustaine

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

niceboy

Re: The Sustaine

Post by niceboy »

dante wrote:The Gismo = mechanical (rotates small wheels on each string). Theres also a Bass model w/ only 4 wheels.
Ebow = electromagnetic
Sustainiac = electromagnetic
Resonator = not sure but looks electromagnetic (?). This is not the same as your wiki reference, which looks to me more a configuration of the guitar body itself to boost resonance. Here is what GregH was referring to : http://www.vibesware.com/vibesware_english.htm

Anyway, these are interesting devices (non digital) and if some DSP code could be written to model them and included w/ 6 string or seperate, could be an interesting new Scope plugin and also fit your criteria of being digital :)
Thanks a lot.
Now we need to save time.
Is the plugins paralell coupled in the Multi FX,
like the inserts in most mixers,
or in serie like in the FAT GCM.
That is very important for us because we want to use both,
depending on which plugin to use,
When we now are going to use a lot of guitar effects, here.
we took away the expander , we now use compressor instead.
we want a lot of effects ,no need for expander yet.
Last edited by niceboy on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
niceboy

Post by niceboy »

dante wrote:The Gismo = mechanical (rotates small wheels on each string). Theres also a Bass model w/ only 4 wheels.
Ebow = electromagnetic
Resonator = not sure but looks electromagnetic (?). This is not the same as your wiki reference, which looks to me more a configuration of the guitar body itself to boost resonance. Here is what GregH was referring to : http://www.vibesware.com/vibesware_english.htm

Anyway, these are interesting devices (non digital) and if some DSP code could be written to model them and included w/ 6 string or seperate, could be an interesting new Scope plugin and also fit your criteria of being digital :)
Now we took away the third Subbass booster in our PCI setup and moved it to Xite.
We also skipped the Expander on the Sologuitar.
Instead we putted DAS-2A on full peak reduction mixing in the Sologuitar,
after one more Stereo Feedback Mixdown here in Xite.
We prefere the STM 1632 preamps for Solos,
and theire ekos.
Attachments
PCI 15.jpg
PCI 15.jpg (308.2 KiB) Viewed 6914 times
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Ebow = electromagnetic

Yes, the vibesware resonator is what I use.
Lots of fun!
I'll post a video of me playing it once I'm back on my main computer.
I doubt a plugin could be built since it works off the harmonics at the resonator position over the strings in relation to the pick up.
Plugins are never always going to be the solution:)

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dante

Post by dante »

siriusbliss wrote: Yes, the vibesware resonator is what I use.
Lots of fun!
I doubt a plugin could be built since it works off the harmonics at the resonator position over the strings in relation to the pick up.

Greg
A plug-in taking the input of a real guitar and adding some sustain like niceboy wants might be possible (I think 'pick up' positions are modelled on 6-string). Im not saying it would sound the same as the real thing though. That would be like saying 6-string can imitate a real electric guitar (even though its pretty damn close on acoustic).

Looking forwards to your vid now....
niceboy

Post by niceboy »

dante wrote:
siriusbliss wrote: Yes, the vibesware resonator is what I use.
Lots of fun!

Greg
A plug-in taking the input of a real guitar and adding some sustain like niceboy wants might be possible (I think 'pick up' positions are modelled on 6-string). Im not saying it would sound the same as the real thing though. That would be like saying 6-string can imitate a real electric guitar (even though its pretty damn close on acoustic).

Looking forwards to your vid now....
For me its great that you tell anything.
This was for our Sologuitarist mainly ,but we research together.
Tomorrow we record bass.
Tuesday we record new drums.
We will try them later though !
Maybe Wednesday :lol: