which sequencer is better???

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

adimilner

Post by adimilner »

Hi guys!
which sequencer is better one??
im using the pulsar II card to make trance music
i need to know which is the better one
Frontline Studio

Post by Frontline Studio »

Hi,

Regarding these sequencers:

It just depends on what your personal preferences are. Ppl that start with Cubase are used to that program and do not want anything else, the same usually goes for the Cakewalk and Logic users.

There I've mentioned the three most widely used sequencers. They all have their own distinctive interfaces and handling.

The prices for all three do not differ that much, so that's no criterium/excuse :wink:

One feature implemented in the Pulsar Software that speak for selecting Cubase is the ASIO and VST implementation.

Hopes this helps a little.
CU,

John.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I personally use and prefer Cubase VST beyond anything else; nevertheless, it's not the only good sequencer available today. Logic Audio is a very professional sequencer too, but… is not as "friendly" as VST, the learning curve is bigger and much painful than the VST one. I don't like Logic interface, at all. There are many…, many other sequencers, which are real good as well, and sometimes cheaper than the main central three, for instance:

If you do trance music, you should try EJAY STUDIO, which is VST 2.0 and DirectX compatible. You could try Samplitude and Encore as well. In fact, there are quite a few options out there.

I would say, nevertheless, that SONAR XL could be your best choice. Why? Well, because of the superb integration with loops from Sonic Foundry ACID MUSIC V2 and the Modular Synth that ships with it and a fantastic interface. If I were to do this kind of music, I would certainly choose SONAR XL. Of course you can do anything else with it, but it really is good for this kind of work. SONAR will become a strong platform in no time, so no worries if you decide to go for it.

In what concerns to myself I won't ever change VST for anything else, not just because I love it extremely much, but because I've learnt it for years and don't want to learn a second sequencer program, no way!

So… choose well and keep at it till you learn it deeply, because in fact, whatever you choose will be fine, as long as you study it, whatever it may be.

Good luck