XTC and VST wrappers?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

hairbrain

Post by hairbrain »

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone out there knew the answer to this conundrum.... riddle me this.

If I get the latest VST wrapper for Sonar which offers COMPLETE (yes complete) integration of VST into Sonar.....

will Pulsar XTC work with it?

hmmmm puzzled >;'
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Yes.
xscape321

Post by xscape321 »

oh shit r u serious so i can use vst effects in SOnAR

the reason i was gettin logic is becaise the vst , anyway i bet logic will be a better buy since most po studios use it anyway so i should learn it.

which do u guys recommend, i bet it's logic, sonar hasn't been getting a good rap here lately
Lotuz

Post by Lotuz »

oh shit r u serious so i can use vst effects in SOnAR
Check out Fxpansion's VST-DX Adapter: http://www.fxpansion.com
hairbrain

Post by hairbrain »

xscape321... Don't worry Logic is probably a superior package to Sonar (from what I've heard), it's just that I've always found Cakewalk products to be more intuitive for me to use.

Whatever helps you focus on the art of creation, rather than the software.

(Subhuman... are you sure? after all I doubt whether a VST wrapper would provide ASIO)
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

I'm pretty sure a VST wrapper won't provide ASIO as well :smile: But, if you can run a VST plugin inside SONAR using the wrapper, then you can use XTC with SONAR since XTC basically just makes Pulsar devices run with a VST interface to the sequencer. You'd still be using MME probably or whatever KakeWalk uses.
bluzz

Post by bluzz »

Hi !

i'm using Directixer VST adapter to run VSti as DXi. This one works very fine with my (shity) SBlive & WMD drivers (waiting to receive my Luna II and i'll get rid of it :smile:)
Creamware told me WMD drivers will be released before summer.

Directixer works fine for VSTi but i have trouble with VST fx plugs, so i use the SpinAudio VST-DX Wrapper for fx, with great results.

I wanted to try Directixer with the Volksampler (wich was surprisingly to me working without any creamware card in my PC)...)& Sonar. The trouble is that like with every Wrapper you got to point to a particular .dll and Volksampler (like Pulsar XTC i guess) got plenty and i didn't know wich one was the main .dll (no explicit names on it). So i let it down :smile:

my question is why do you want to run Pulsar XTC with Sonar? Is the regular Pulsar not enough with Sonar ?

(i'll post another topic question about DXi & pulsar)

cheers
bluzzz