About the Forum

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

PabloFasan

Post by PabloFasan »

Hello John:
You know many of my opinions due the multiple private mails that we have exchanged since the begining of PlanetZ.

We have agreed and disagreed in different matters.
In repply to your request I want to say that there's important things that are dispearing from this forum and in general from all technical forums.

This are things,probably emotional felings, that as they can't come inside through the door they try to jump through the window and without permission.

Music, as every cultural expression , is closely related with the human activities, and the tools for making music are not out of the culture.

Most of the long and harder discussions that have happend here, where NOT about technical problems, otherwise related with how each one use and FEEL the Pulsar system.

How each one defends his own truth.

Reducing the Forum to a peaceful and politically correct site, in my opinion, you will keep out all the LIFE that the site has.

To speak about Warez, is to speak about the reality.

But also, as I told you in a private letter, Warez is not only to steal application software , is also to steal music via MP3 files, not recognizing that the music have OWNERS: the composers and the players.

Many of those that publish here have a double ethical standard:

They think that Warez is VERY bad for software and for Pulsar in particular, but at the same time they download so music files as they can, knowing that the authors and players will not earn a single dollar for AUTHOR WRIGHTS.

This matter involves Pulsar technology for COMPLETE due it allows to use music produced by others and transform, copy or remix it without permission of the authors.

Technology is not a pure and inocent child. Since Marshall Mc'Luhan's researchs in the early 60's, (Guttenberg's Galaxy, The media is the Message) , is proofed that the media is MUCH more significant that the message.

The media defines the way and the form of the creation, and finally the result,

so there's no possible to have an inocent and clean technical approach.

A guy that has a technical problem will fix it sooner ot later, if he has enough patience in search the solution.

But about "HOW TO CREATE" with a technical resource is a different matter: culture and politics are impossible to bypass because they are everyway.

The way in that we use Pulsars in Latinamerica is different than in Hollywood- USA and different of German's and Europe people , because we have different realities.

I really don't think that this would be a "cafee conversation" as you told me in the last letter.

Cheers
Pablo Fasan
pfasan@sinectis.com.ar
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I can't see what the problem is. Post whatever you like and if people are interested they'll be a good thread for everyone.

Surely you aren't suggesting the JC deletes such things?
PabloFasan

Post by PabloFasan »

No, I'm not suggesting that thing.
Mo

Post by Mo »

hello pablo.

i think your very right about the influence of culture and the different realities in creating something.
but i also think these things don´t have to be in a 'problem solving forum' like this.

:grin: i tried (once) to get into the new 'private forum' john made. of course i got no access... i just thought it would be a sort of 'off-topic forum' which would be more a place for threads you´re speaking of.
i really would like to have such an additional forum in here - if john is to busy i´m very willing to take some work on it...

culture-shocked greetings :grin:

Mo
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Hey Pablo,

I'm not trying to sanitize the forum.
However, I think the posts of that DaKrookK guy are completely inappropriate, and have no place here.

Let me be clear. Talk about anything you want, as long as it's On-Topic for the forum (e.g. pulsar problem solving in the problem solving forum, pulsar-related stuff here), but no warez-advertising, spam, or other nonsense. You can talk about the ethics of warez, i don't care, but as soon as someone starts saying "i have sts cracked", or "i know where to get z filter", the topic gets deleted. OK?
PabloFasan

Post by PabloFasan »

Hey John:

You know my opinions very well about piracy for to say me this.

I NEVER have supported or aproved piracy and in facts and in SILENCE I have helped CW's people to combat this problem.

If you want to get informend about some things related, write me and I could notice you about things that's evident you don't know.
----------------------
What's above is only for John Cooper due he is the owner of the Forum and also a Pulsar developer.

So sorry guys, don't write me asking what I'm speaking about.

------------------------
For explain more clearly my thoughts:

What makes the difference with many others is that for me there's NO DIFFERENCE between piracing music or software.

MP3 is in most of cases the tool used for steal music, that of course has OWNERS : the composers and the players.

And as like John feels damaged when others steal his devices, I suffered the same when I can't earn author and player wrights due MP3 piracy.