Masterverb Pro

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Jonathan T

Masterverb Pro

Post by Jonathan T »

Hello
Is Masterverb Pro included in Scope v7?
When I try to open it I get an unregistered device pop up box and it asks me to re-register the boards. I have Masterverb and Masterverb Classic etc. so it's not at all crucial but it would be nice to know if it should work.
Apart from that, my Scope platform continues to work brilliantly after all these years.
Thanks
Jonathan
garyb

Re: Masterverb Pro

Post by garyb »

yes, it is.

did you overwrite files after the installation?
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

Yes I guess I did
I wanted to get Dynatube working again and copied over the dev and mdl files etc. for it from an old backup, following my own forum post instructions from about 2009! At least Dynatube works perfectly! I guess I must have included some other old files.
Is there any way out of this or do I have to do a fresh install? Then I won't have Dynatube again unless I can install it more officially.
valis

Post by valis »

You can reinstall over the top.
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

Thanks Valis
I guess I'll do that. Let's see how it goes!
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

Hmmm
Well I installed Scope v7 over the top (scope_v7.01706_x64_pci_english.exe)
That went well and after reinstalling it had kept all my projects and Dynatube etc.
I added Masterverb Pro and saved it as a new project. Seemed to be going well.
When I exited Scope and re-entered it said unregistered device again.
I imported the keyfile - X0729XBOB.v5. That's the latest one I've got I think. Of course it's not v7. When I bought v7 I got a txt file from Gary with Software: SC SCOPE v7. Hardware X0729XBOB (Pulsar 2) and a key as a twelve digit code. I don't think I got a full keyfile unless I've mislaid it. I tried copying and pasting the keyfile text into the Activation Key section for the Registration of Masterverb Pro popup box but it says Invalid Key for Masterverb Pro.
Am I missing a full v7 keyfile or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Jonathan
Berny Shoes

Post by Berny Shoes »

Checking email history is possible the original message keyfile attachment is there, no?
Good vibes
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

Good idea. I have all my old emails saved and I already looked but I'll check again - maybe I've missed it.
garyb

Post by garyb »

v7 is one key.

do you have another Scope folder somewhere on your computer? if you are using an old project, then it's possible it's loading from the wrong directory.

i'd say your folders are messed up.
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

Yes I have the old project backed up.
I could put that on a usb and remove it then try a fresh install instead of re-installing over the top which should straigten out the folders at least.

I could email support@soniccore.de requesting a v7 keyfile but I've got a feeling that would come through to you Gary!

The email from when I upgraded just had the release notes and the text file (well it was just in the email body actually).
Reading the release notes it does say just use your v5 keyfile after installing v7.
My v5 keyfile is from 2016 so a year before I upgraded to v7. The Pulsar cards are the same.
It did remind me to run Scope as administrator though which I'd forgotten.
Anyway all the other reverbs, effects and synths work apart from Masterverb Pro (and Vinco DT but I have Vinco S if I ever want some Vinco).
I also have reverbs in my host recording application and as vsts there. I mean how many reverbs does a person really need!
When I started recording there was just a plate or chamber in the basement of most studios and that was it. I even ended up with a huge reverb plate in my own basement for about a decade or so. When I wanted to change the reverb time I went down to the basement and turned a mechanical wheel.
Things have changed a lot!
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, it's just that one key. the v5 keys are for optional plugins. masterverb pro is included in v7, but if you keep having problems, just send the masterberb pro request string(copy/paste, not a photo!) to support and i'll make a key. it shouldn't make a difference, but whatever works...
valis

Post by valis »

If you use an empty project and drag the device, you’re still getting this key request?
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

Yes I am still getting it Valis.
I'll try the fresh install first, if that doesn't work I'll send the request string to you Gary
valis

Post by valis »

Before you reinstall, zip up your current directory structure.

Remove the hardware & software i/o modules so you don't have duplicates in your menus, and the same with Masterverb & Masterverb pro and so on. In fact, while I wouldn't worry about the dsp files & etc, it might be worth it to you to remove all stock devices and anything else you have a v7 installer for.

Now reinstall over the top. Start with a 100% empty project, and rebuild your software & hardware i/o's from the newly installed ones. Save as startup & default before moving forward, and now check masterverb pro again. Make sure all devices are present that you need, you can compare to the zipped folder structure. Note some things have moved over the years.
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

Will do
I've actually uninstalled and moved everything onto a usb which I've unplugged.
So I'm starting afresh
valis

Post by valis »

Make an archive of your fresh install as well. Makes it easy to go back.

Swap things out file by file, if and when you do that. New workflows are liberating sometimes as well, having 12,000 plugins available doesn't really help my productivity with native or Scope.
valis

Post by valis »

Btw making images of your Windows install in the same fashion can be helpful. Fresh install, fully patched & basic tools installed (like Scope or etc). Then current diffs with quarterly or monthly base images (depending on usage patterns for a machine). This approach orks on Mac as well (SD/CCC), and on the unices (where we have rsync and the like). What you're basically doing is avoiding having to spend that time again due to failure or etc, until it's worth it to do a bare metal rebuild on up to ready to go full install.
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

So far so good.
I've done the clean install and made a test project including Masterverb Pro. All working.
Have backed it all up.
Now to try reinstalling Dynatube much more judiciously than last time.
garyb

Post by garyb »

just get the Dynatube files from the SC server.

http://scope.zone/index.php?lg=en&id=19 ... e_plug-ins
Jonathan T

Post by Jonathan T »

Thanks Gary - I already did that before getting your message. I thought why not do it properly this time!

Dynatube all working.

I took your advice Valis and I've built new projects from scratch rather than go back to old versions. It doesn't take long and yes it does give a fresh workflow.

Thank you for all the advice, I am very happy with a clean fully working install. This forum is invaluable.