Quick Question on Upgrading to Scope 7

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

circlingkailas

Quick Question on Upgrading to Scope 7

Post by circlingkailas »

Hi everyone -

I pulled my PowerPulsar out of the ashes and it is running beautifully at 96 kHz using SMUX, S/PDIF in/out, with a Korg Oasys ported into it via a Friend-Chip DMX12 patchbay and a RME FF800. Running on a Carillon (remember them?) PC running XP Pro. Thirty-two bits of glory. The old equipment is hanging in there! I am so happy!

Anyway, this is running Scope 4. My question is: to upgrade to Scope 7, can I upgrade straight from v4 or do I have to go through 5.1? If the latter, how do I buy or get the key for 5.1, it doesn't seem to be "for sale" on the Sonic Core website, although it is sitting there in their support server.

Also, what do I do with my product keys, I have a bunch of Zarg and Adern stuff I don't want to lose, and certainly don't want to repurchase! Do you know that the Zarg Solaris and Quantum synths now cost close to $500 USD each?? I could buy a Subharmonicon for that!

Thanks for any guidance you can share, much appreciated.
valis

Re: Quick Question on Upgrading to Scope 7

Post by valis »

3rd party keys will transfer, for the most part. I'll let Gary respond with the specifics, as he'll know them best.
garyb

Post by garyb »

you'll need new keys for those devices, no big deal.
circlingkailas

Post by circlingkailas »

Thanks for your prompt replies. So, I send my current key numbers to Sonic Core including the 3rd party keys, and they will send me new keys?

Also - my original question: no issues with jumping from Scope 4 up to Scope 7?

Thanks
garyb

Post by garyb »

issues?

well, there are a few things that don't work in 64bit, and no XTC mode, but v4 projects do work in v7. for the most part, there aren't problems, but ymmv. the fact that you can get a temporary key for v7 and test it makes the question kinda moot.

yes, you send the old keyfile in and you'll get new keys.