DHL warning !

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

DHL warning !

Post by Bud Weiser »

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthread ... ost3075018

On july 30, 2020, I shipped,- a rarely used, mint condition Sonic Core XITE-1,- I acquired and tested for a friend in Israel,- with DHL.
Shipment is insured w/ up to 2K EUROs !
Tracking got lost aug. 04, Frankfurt/germany "International Parcel Center" after "will be transported to the destination".
The parcel never arrived at it´s destination.
Many calls w/ customer service, many complains by phone and email traffic, enquiry w/ confirmation of receipt twice,- ALL documents complete.
Failure to meet any deadlines by DHL,- unusable and inconsitent answers from DHL employees at phone and customer service don´t even react when requesting an answer via registred letter w/ reply advice.
Instead, DHL deleted the shipment completely,- so it doesn´t exist anymore when using the tracking code.
I´d say that´s fraud !
Shipping costs were EUR 80,99 incl. insurance up to 2K for a 6.4 kilos parcel.
I have pics from double boxed packing job, on the scale of post office w/ shipping label as also content in detail.

The insanity,- you cannot utilize insurance until DHL (!!!) declares the parcel as lost or stolen,- and they won´t since 4 month now.
They also don´t inform about enquiry at all.
In fact, they request documents and do nothing in the hope the claimant gives up.

I now possibly need lawyers and it might go to court, producing costs exceeding the value of the parce for several times.

So,- beware shipping w/ DHL in future,- in most cases it works well, but when it hits you, you´re scewed.

And when someone gets,- or comes across,- a "cheapo" offer for a Sonic Core XITE-1 DSP interface in future,- please let me know.
I already informed S|C about the loss and there will be no support for that device anymore (I have S/N and keyfiles still),- but SCOPE 5.1 keys are on a CD in the parcel still.
Not many devices,- just only SCOPE 5.1 stock and Cutmaster Pro keys.
All original accessories included like PCIe card, HDMI cable, ADAT cables, new PSU I bought from S|C for this device because it was missing, orig. printed manual and installation SCOPE v5.0 media as well as one, by orig. owner overwritten w/ SCOPE 5.1.
Legacy Creamware Cutmaster Pro and "other" CDs included in shipment and as they wre delivered by original owwer.

:-?

Bud
valis

Re: DHL warning !

Post by valis »

That's too bad, sorry to hear that Bud.

I've been having that with technology shipments & Amazon here, many companies don't even seem to be using additional packaging beyond what the manufacturer provides for boxed items, and a shipping sticker on a recognizeable product seems insanity to me. Also many states here in the US are not prosecuting such thefts anymore, so there's little disincentive to this kind of fraud. The food delivery services apparently have a big problem with people doing 1-2 runs and then nicking a food run as well.

In any case, I hope it does show up. If not, a public affairs (using social media, not just forums) approach might yield results as well though certainly consult legal before doing so if you're going that route as well. Don't want to compromise that front.
spacef

Post by spacef »

I hope that's only a delay due to christmas.
I find it crazy that they deleted the tracking.
What does the sender says ?

I've been waiting for a small pack from Holland for 2 weeks now. the tracking showed nothing for 10 days.
Calling DHL worked but they had no info to give me, oinbly the sender could contact them, which he did.
It will probably arrive next week. almost 3 weeks.
Last time I bought something in netherlands, it took only 3 days from purchase to delivery.
DHL has a lot of delays and limited staff, as I was told a couple of weeks ago.

Once, I sent my xite for repair, using the normal french post. It arrived in England !. It took more than 4 months to come back to me. The post office also dismantled the post office i sent it from as it appeared to be quite difunctional. Quite a miracle that the parcel was found and returned to me. I hope the same will happen to you (or to whoever it is happening to)

EDIT: ok i see it's a copy from another forum :-) sorry for confusion.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
valis

Post by valis »

My guess is the crossposting is an attempt to try to catch the sale when and if it occurs.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

Frankfurt and DHL is a complete mess. A parcel from USA took 3 months to be processed for customs at Frankfurt.
In germany, DHL employs the cheapest migrants, that don't have a clue how to do it. A parcel ( value 1000Euros) was given to a person, that was walking down the street and who lives 2km apart.( status = delivered) I was lucky, that this person brought the parcel to me one week later.
So what parcel service is better ? Most if them are even worse than DHL.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Back in March, parcel took over 3 months from Kiev to U.S. very nervous time for high priced items. Tracking was dismal and for a time thought it was lost. Then just showed up on my door one day. (None of this was the fault of the seller though)
Sad that we have come to this but buyer beware unless you do business with a company that will refund you if it doesn’t show up.
Whoa to the poor smuck that tries to list a stolen Xite on this forum. :evil:
valis

Post by valis »

woe indeed
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

valis wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:33 pm ... and a shipping sticker on a recognizeable product seems insanity to me.
The product was not recognizable.
The original XITE-1 box incl. content is inside an additional well padded neutral box.

BUT (!) - there´s the customs declaration, which is part of the shipping label.
In the post office, they glue it on the parcel´s surface.
That is what everyone can read and that way everyone knows what´s in and what the value is.

I suspect there´s organized crime acting in Frankfurt IPZ,- possibly arabic clans,- and employees of customer service and other act as accomplices.
Otherwise I cannot imagine how it´s possible DHL deletes a insured shipment which evidently traveled about 600km ...

LP XITE-1 EinlBeleg_Vers.JPG
LP XITE-1 EinlBeleg_Vers.JPG (56.74 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
Screenshot_2020-09-08 Track Trace.jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-08 Track Trace.jpg (61.86 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
2020-11-14 DHL CY532576209DE tracking gone_unknown shipment.jpg
2020-11-14 DHL CY532576209DE tracking gone_unknown shipment.jpg (12.56 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
2020-11-14 Universal Parcel Tracking - Global Package Tracking.jpg
2020-11-14 Universal Parcel Tracking - Global Package Tracking.jpg (97.57 KiB) Viewed 1602 times

... and never arrived at the recipient´s door.
I fear they steal valuable goods in Frankfurt.

:(

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

spacef wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:35 pm I hope that's only a delay due to christmas.
Well enquiry was already done in august w/ no result.
It seems they don´t find the shipment or don´t search at all.
spacef wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:35 pm I find it crazy that they deleted the tracking.
What does the sender says ?
I´m the sender !

I didn´t sell my XITE-1 though,- I still own and use it.

I just only helped our forumite LorenOA 76.
Originally I was looking for the larger 14/15 DSP cards.
Hard to find and we didn´t fine any.
Then the occasion w/ this XITE came because an engineer died from ALS and his partner sold his gear.
She had no clue about SCOPE keyfiles, so I trained her searching on the engineers computers for the file, save and deliver.
She had to remove the advert from craiglist because she recognized she wouldn´t be able selling such gear w/o more knowledge about.
Had to tell her everything,- also how to remove the PCIe card, being careful, not touching contacts, put in antistatic bag, finding original box, all the ADAT, HDMI and power cables as also print manual and orig. installation media.
She wanted EUR 2.200,- and in the end we recognized the PSU wasn´t existing because when they cleared the engineers studio,- they threw every single walwart/linelump PSU in the bin,- no kidding.
After a lot of email and phone calls, she said she weren´t able to sell the item w/o my help.
So, I was able to bring the price down to a level affordable for Loren,- incl. all shipping costs (also to my home 1st), insurance and a new PSU I bought from S|C.
The toy arrived at my door for testing and checking if all accessories are complete.
Man, when I saw this XITE-1 I got envy.
It was better than mine, had the newer PCIe card and ADAT ports w/ doors.
No scratch, not even any rackrash,- nothing.
When I installed SCOPE 5 form original media on one of my machines, I tested mic-pres, DI, analog I/Os and if there´s light at the ADATs.
All worked perfect and I made screeshots from audio signals traveling thru SCOPE.
It´s a mint piece of gear and this occasion will never come back again I fear.

Well, I´m really pi##ed about DHL behaviour and still hope it will arrive at the recipient one day or comes back to me by whatever reason.
I didn´t check "treat as abandoned" in case it cannot delivered, I checked "return to sender" instead.

I hope for it might be in quarataine somewhere at customs or hangs there because not being processed until now.
But since about 4 month now ???
But I don´t understand why no word from DHL even there was an enquiry running.
The common deadline for DHL enquiries is 8 weeks,- that´s what they wrote in a confirmation email I got twice.

This parcel is insured and it obviously got lost or stolen and they don´t want to refund.

Since we have that case I investigated the web about DHL,- also because never before I had such experience.

When you´re able to read german you´d get pale ...
Scroll down sites and read customer reports.

https://www.verbraucherschutz.com/news/ ... fahrungen/

https://www.test.de/Aerger-mit-DHL-Co-W ... 5529504-0/

https://www.verbraucherzentrale.de/postaerger-20752

I also uploaded my complain about DHL here meanwhile:
https://www.post-aerger.de/beschwerden/ ... ular-14189

:(

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

yayajohn wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:45 am Back in March, parcel took over 3 months from Kiev to U.S. very nervous time for high priced items. Tracking was dismal and for a time thought it was lost. Then just showed up on my door one day. (None of this was the fault of the seller though)
Sad that we have come to this but buyer beware unless you do business with a company that will refund you if it doesn’t show up.
Whoa to the poor smuck that tries to list a stolen Xite on this forum. :evil:
You´re not alone,- I waited for about 5 weeks for a small parcel from Kiev to germany,- and there´s no pond in between.
Surprise,- it traveled relatively quick to Frankfurt (!!!),- then it hung there with no tracking progress for a long time until it arrived here.
At least, they didn´t delete the tracking.

:)

Bud
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

valis wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:50 amwoe indeed
:lol: I knew that didnt look right.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Dream, Hope and Luck is required for your package to arrive. DHL.

Immigrants. Seems everyone wants to make money off of them.

Here in the USA we’re lucky our low wage immigrants work so hard to become citizens.
Lord forbid they ever take a week off in California.

Panic would be worse than any natural disaster.