Back on Scope

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Back on Scope

Post by at0m »

Hi,

A couple years ago I tried my DSP cards in a machine, and although XP recognized the cards, Scope didn't. Then quite recently I met someone who gave me a PulsarII XTC card, so I had to try that.

Today I did prepare an XP machine, and low and behold, all 3 of the cards were recognized by both XP and then Scope. Went on to email support, and gary was so kind to send me CW 4.5 keys soon after. I can hardly believe, but I'm scopin' again \o/ Seems I'm still on Scope4.5, but ok, most important part is all the hw is running well as in the old days.

I danced around the table and went all crazy.

Now have to let this sink in for a while, for example how to incorporate this into my rig etc, cos that's a serious game changer for the studio. Feels like home-coming again!

Couldn't not share this with you folks :) Hugs,
-at0m

PS: With all the gear I've come to stash in the studio over the years, I should do something about that signature some day.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
t_tangent

Re: Back on Scope

Post by t_tangent »

Great to hear atom. Yes its a testament to the quality of the hardware plus the continued support from SC and a few others that's kept Scope going strong all these years. Congrats, we missed you and welcome back to the fold. :)

Like you I went a similar route to some extent and have built up a reasonable selection of outboard gear, but I kept Scope at the heart of it all due to its great routing, mixing and ease of use, etc. :)

Cheers
petal

Post by petal »

I always wondered why you stopped "checking in on PlanetZ" - Now I know why.

Welcome back Atom :)
valis

Post by valis »

Welcome back at0m!
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

!ROCK ON!
ich wünsche mir viele kleine atome
:D
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
at0m

Post by at0m »

Thanks for the welcome, folks :)

Hey petal, I've never been all out of z: Checked in once in a while, like recently on that "CC presets screw up devices params" topic and I sometimes talk with some friends made here over the years. And made some phone calls last week to announce the "news" to a couple of them. Quite a few I've known for over 20years! (the "join date"s on the forum aren't correct, they're in fact dates from first login after set after John Cooper implemented that feature on the phpBB)

Also borg had been at my place for jams before. Then I visited him some months ago, and when he launched his Scope machine for me to play with.. ooh, that feeling :) The whole platform, also the modular, really worked like it was yesterday. Found that way cool, hadn't really considered that.

I'm not all there yet, like a bunch of plugins are missing from the preliminary keys file gary was so kind to provide. For example the SDK, and plugins from STW, Zarg, SPL, GrenzFrequenz, Orbitone, and ofc the Adern stuff in which I was heavily involved. I'll search my archives some more, but all the scope .zip archives on an active backups harddisk suffer bitrot :/ Got lots more old disks in storage, time allowing I'll check if working archives can be found.

Some stuff might be lost forever (I don't see STW in SC's shop for example). Maybe one day I can save up to get a recent Scope OS, or even these licenses again. When the DSP cards stopped working (i tried in 2-3 machines!) some years ago, I had all my other machines running Debian linux and I purged that WinXP and moved it to Debian, too. Now it's kind of awkward, having to deal with permissions and registration keys again. Sure haven't missed that part, dealing with Windows and proprietary world. Coming weeks I'll have a look at my archives, and see what can be recovered from that. Meanwhile, plenty to play with already 8)

Greetings,
at0m.
garyb

Post by garyb »

email me in support with the list and serial number.

i know you had several of those devices from days gone by. i'll see what i can do. Orbitone is free now.

try to find whatever you can find. no word from Adern? they are slow sometimes....
valis

Post by valis »

At0m knows how to find Assaf =]
garyb

Post by garyb »

thas wha i thou...

ok, i'll let it play out.
at0m

Post by at0m »

thanks garyb, email sent!

valis: yea was on the phone with Assaf just last week, right before I got the cards back up and running. Was fun catching up :) I've meanwhile emailed him about the Adern keys, and i'll give him a couple days to reply before I bug him on the phone again.

i'm sorry for not being all in the know about the evolution from the last years. i remember CW went chapt11 short after we had released Flexor in their store.. that was some bad timing /o\ but also we continued some after that, like for the effects, so i would think the team's cards would be in SC's archives somewhere.. i realize it ain't always that easy, computers and stuff.. anyhow, like i said, i'm delighted the cards are running again and so is Scope 8)
astroman

Post by astroman »

That old stuff you mention is still great - just recently rediscovered XOR (demo only though), but it went up high on my future aquisition list :)
at0m

Post by at0m »

Sure. That stuff was great back then, and there's no reason as to why it should sound worse now :D
at0m

Post by at0m »

Found a working old drive with projects, installation files, non-corrupted .zip's, (even Scope5 with its keys.v5 which includes the SDK) and c:\. Backing it up now before I throw it at the DAW and give it a run. :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Check out Polyverse.com
Assaf /RedMuze is working on plug ins. Really unique and useful.
Helping make America Great Again through entrepreneurship..
Ankyu

I think it’s rather classy of the gent to not pimp himself over here, that’s for Frank.
Ankyu
Spielraum

Post by Spielraum »

Assaf - Polyverse Music
https://polyversemusic.com/about/assaf/
2015-2019 © COPYRIGHT POLYVERSE MUSIC Inc. contact us. Menu. Products · Comet · Gatekeeper · Manipulator · I Wish · Wider · Artists · Infected Mushroom ...
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Atom, perhaps you can try and convince Assaf to come back to Scope as well, get the old dream teams back on it. :)
at0m

Post by at0m »

I ran into keyfile.v5 (with SDK keys!) in some Scope5 installdir zip file. Both SonicCore Scope and SDK v5 are running now :)

Could someone give me a rundown again? From what I understand, Scope 7 adds 64bit support. I see there's a Scope 7 32bit, does Scope 7 run on XP32? Cos I think I'll keep my daw on XP32 for the time being. What's another concrete benefit from getting v7? Can someone point me to a changelog with bugfixes, new features, etc?

Thanks for pointing me at Assaf, and I been following some of his work and Polyverse... the man seems to be doing a good job :)
valis

Post by valis »

Yes, I’m on V7 for SDK & Scope both. UI seems more responsive in the mode I prefer (where window floats over Windows desktop) and DSP allocation seems improved somewhat, though I don’t know if that’s anecdotal or not. Worth it to support Sonic|Core if nothing else :)
at0m

Post by at0m »

Thanks, but responsive UI isn't a convincing argument for now. Trying to support myself first.. Been living on a pretty tight budget for some time now, if one day I can afford, I'll sure look into this. But for now, all is working just peechy =)

Had so much fun re-discovering them old devices. Saturn, WL's Europa and DubSub, Bowen's ProOne, STW verb and mastering compressor - just to name a couple outside the S|C pack. And while my BBE Sonic Maximizer is pretty sweet, PsyQ is quite unique at it, too.

Oh, and all the extra stuff modular adds.. like I wanted on my BassStationII some osc2filter mod just on the note onset, sent the midi to a patch with AD env and sent its output (via a little scheme to add offset, and then some) to ConstVal linked to a CC# and back to the BSII. And added crossfade from AD to env follower on my incoming kickdrum. No other hw can do this. <3

PS: Valis, I searched for the topic [in which you were] collecting old devices, but failed to find it.. I got lots and lots of them. Will need to see which can be distributed and which cannot, maybe contact a couple old-/ex-dev's and see what can be done for devices that don't need auth keys. If they haven't sold a device for some years, maybe they agree to release them as they are. Can only ask =)
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

at0m wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:25 am I ran into keyfile.v5 (with SDK keys!) in some Scope5 installdir zip file. Both SonicCore Scope and SDK v5 are running now :)

Could someone give me a rundown again? From what I understand, Scope 7 adds 64bit support. I see there's a Scope 7 32bit, does Scope 7 run on XP32? Cos I think I'll keep my daw on XP32 for the time being. What's another concrete benefit from getting v7? Can someone point me to a changelog with bugfixes, new features, etc?

Thanks for pointing me at Assaf, and I been following some of his work and Polyverse... the man seems to be doing a good job :)
Scope 5.1 adds 64bit support. Scope 7 is easier to install on windows systems due to signed drivers. The main application runs in 32bit regardless if you run 32bit or 64bit systems. The main selling point of v7 is Win 10 compability, but the drivers leave a lot to be desired in that regard. There are also new and modified devs included in v7.

You will have less issues if you stick to windows 7 rather than 10 in both Scope 5.1 and Scope 7. If you have Scope 5.1, upgrading to v7 basically gives you modified devices, and is supposedly the version that will be updated some time in the future.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.