Plugin Latencies

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

Plugin Latencies

Post by Music Manic »

Is there a chart showing the amount of latency Scope plugins introduce to an audio signal? Does the phase compensation deal with it?

Thanks
garyb

Re: Plugin Latencies

Post by garyb »

no, there is not. it's a complicated issue. most of the time, it's a matter of a few samples, just like with a hardware digital device. there are a few plugins that will create more latency, but again, it's in the range of hardware.

phase compensation on the mixers only ensures that each channel's inputs will be phase aligned. there is also a sample delay control on the bigger stm mixers, but you would need to measure the latency of an offending channel and then ADD latency to the other channels to match.
valis

Post by valis »

Since you're in a digital environment, this is rather easy to test. I have used either a single square wave 'transient' (a single sample is not always enough depending on the device, as it may be smeared or oblierated by an attack stage or compressor opening etc), and a 'ramp down' where the initial start is a vertical (1 sample) line from 0 to full amplitude, and then a ramp down from there. Either can help if you're trying to time-align what you're recording to something that was originally in the software realm, such as would be the case in parallel processing.

Also, note that this can change when you reload projects.
sepuka

Post by sepuka »

For x86 there was a plugin Check by G. O. S. T. Maybe sometime it would support x64 too((
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

sepuka wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm For x86 there was a plugin Check by G. O. S. T. Maybe sometime it would support x64 too((
Do you know wher I can find it?

Thanks
sepuka

Post by sepuka »

Music Manic wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:02 am Do you know wher I can find it?
I spent a day to search with zero result. No ideas where I got it :-?
I have .dev and corresponding .sys, it worked on V5.1 32 bit but doesn't on V7 64 bit.
guppy

Post by guppy »

Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

guppy wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 am check this one :)
http://gcluber.free.fr/LATENCY-PHASE.zip
Thank you very much. I've just downloaded and will try later today and report back.