Modular 2 still unbeatable

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ARCADIOS

Modular 2 still unbeatable

Post by ARCADIOS »

The sound is still HUGE and the imagination of the guys that created it... unparalleled!!!

I can say that 14 years with scope I still discover!!... nowdays that synthwave is more popular than ever... scopes modular2 still has the unique touch.sound.character!! RESPECT MANNN

THNKS
BYE :P
Marco

Re: Modular 2 still unbeatable

Post by Marco »

Hallo
Arcadios! I think the same like you! Everything you emagine is possible. Enjoy your freedom!
I have started a new project and combined scopes Modular with a real Eurorack Modular. This combination brings the advantages of both Worlds together.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

If you like modular you should really try the free VCV Rack as well... it's fantastic.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
valis

Post by valis »

Agree, I am using VCV alongside Scope mod, Traktor, softube mod, audulus 3 & more, on several different machines.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Marco wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:59 am I have started a new project and combined scopes Modular with a real Eurorack Modular. This combination brings the advantages of both Worlds together.
Hi !
How do you make Scope modular & your eurorack communicate ?

I'm using Expert Sleepers FH-1 for midi CC's + ES-3 & ES-6 for sync modulation signals I/O between eurorack and Scope modular. And of course any of my both Scope systems, PCI & Xite, audio I/O for audio signals.

But I'm curious to know if there are some other solutions.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

valis wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:36 pm Agree, I am using VCV alongside Scope mod, Traktor, softube mod, audulus 3 & more, on several different machines.
I haven't tried yet Softube modular. But I'm using Mux modular as vst and this amazing modular is also a vst host itself, this allows me to do things which would be impossible without such as adding an envelope, LFO or anything else to a vst that doesn't have any ; and also Reaktor 6 which allows me to build what ever I want.
I tried Audulus on my pc but it takes almost all the CPU power ! I think it should be used separatly on a tablet but I hate those screen touch devices. They make me mad !

Anyway, it looks interesting to overcome my disgust and have a dedicated tablet for audulus. Which tablet has a lot of power + the largest screen as possible ?
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

thats cool feature on mux, i must try this, loading aeolian in a modular sounds like a sick idea :0
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

faxinadu wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:53 am thats cool feature on mux, i must try this, loading aeolian in a modular sounds like a sick idea :0
Mux is awesome ! It's a vst modular in which you can also load other vst's and modulate their automation parameters with any modular modulation sources. Send out sync signals like Silent Way or receive such signals too.
Its modular way of life is a bit different from other software modular but one's you get how it's done, it's really fantastic. I always have 4 or 5 instances in my music projects !
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I think there's multiple ways to load a VST into MAX or MaxForLive, to accomplish something similar. A MaxForLive - scope bridge might be a really cool project.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

jksuperstar wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:23 am I think there's multiple ways to load a VST into MAX or MaxForLive, to accomplish something similar. A MaxForLive - scope bridge might be a really cool project.
Oh yes ! I think so. I don't use max but I read a lot about it and it definitely can control vst's automation parameters.
valis

Post by valis »

JoPo wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:29 amAnyway, it looks interesting to overcome my disgust and have a dedicated tablet for audulus. Which tablet has a lot of power + the largest screen as possible ?
iPad Pro on the Apple side, but I suggest the smaller/newer iPad Pro is actually the better as it overcomes a few memory related issues.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

The "regular" iPad (2017) uses the same processor as the original iPad pro, and is 1/2 the price of the current iPad pro. That's what I have, and can easily run a "daw" type sequencer driving 3-4 synths plus a drum machine with ease.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

jksuperstar wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:46 am The "regular" iPad (2017) uses the same processor as the original iPad pro, and is 1/2 the price of the current iPad pro. That's what I have, and can easily run a "daw" type sequencer driving 3-4 synths plus a drum machine with ease.
I really don't like touch screens for many reasons but I also hate apple and their way to make people believe they are the "cool" part of computer industry. If I buy a tablet, it will never be any "I" anything ! :D

I already have one (that's why I allow myself to say I don't like tablets !), an asus zenpad. I mainly use it with my telescope, for planets, stars, galaxies observation. But I'd like to have another one dedicated to my eurorack and I would build a stand for it. I'd like also to have the larger screen as possible. I've got to make some researches...

Thanks for your infos, guys.