1998 - 2018 20 years SCOPE ANNIVERSARY? Petition

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

1998 - 2018 20 years SCOPE ANNIVERSARY? Petition

Post by Marco »

I hope for a Scope special offer this year, because it is an anniversary year!

Please! Any body else here, make a petition.

I underline here: Marco wishes a special 20 year offer
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
ronnie

Re: 1998 - 2018 20 years SCOPE ANNIVERSARY? Petition

Post by ronnie »

Maybe different bonus discounts for 20, 15, 10 and 5 year loyal Scopers with a general 20 year anniversary special offer. It would be nice but a cause for celebration should not hurt Sonic | Core financially.

How about a $20 raffle for an X-ITE with 7 where 20 year users get 20 entries, 15 - 15 and so on til less than 5 get 1? I like it.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Marco

Post by Marco »

SC made always special offers 1 or 2 times a year. So not for me I have everything I need, but maybe others would get happy.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Here's a couple of thoughts.

I wouldn't suggest raffles. Deals though, I'd appreciate. In example, a few years ago, you could buy a bundle with all John Bowen synths for 99 euros. So my suggestion is this: Make bundles, 20 devices, 98 Euros. Might seem cheap, but i bet it would generate more revenue than the current model. Oh, and make the offer last more than a week, some of us are on a tight budget.

Just to clarify; most of these devices, like Zarg, Orbitone, DAS, hasn't had any development going on in years. Charging full price for them now seem like an overkill to me, so maybe use this opportunity to first do a bundle bargain, then lower the individual prices to a more sensible level.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Marco

Post by Marco »

next to nothing wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:35 am ....So my suggestion is this: Make bundles, 20 devices, 98 Euros. Might seem cheap, but i bet it would generate more revenue than the current model....
Just to clarify; most of these devices, like Zarg, Orbitone, DAS, hasn't had any development going on in years. Charging full price for them now seem like an overkill to me....
Best example ls the incredible Restauration Software Orisis XP for the astonishing utopic price of 598 Euros running only on Win XP, im shure you havent sold this old Software bolid for years! Where is the Update?

Did anybody Grab this Software out of its grave?
garyb

Post by garyb »

that software is not a SonicCore product. it happens to work extremely well, there are fans. but what does that matter? it's not SonicCore's price and taking it out of the shop doesn't help in any way, other than to give critics one less thing to criticize. it's not for most people. isn't that ok? it's not any more in a grave than one of your old synths.

in fact, Zarg, Orbitone and DAS aren't SC products either(they are identified as being Zarg, Orbitone and DAS). while Zarg could use an update, those plugins are still pretty special. DAS needs no update and those plugins are great. Orbitone are free because he's kind enough to let you have them.

yep, pirated software ruined the business. now people think they deserve other's work for free or nearly so(simply a grossly general statement). that's reality. that's what makes developers throw up their hands. there's no reward beyond bragging rights and bro-love. really, this stuff should be pricey enough to HURT. then, developers who are really good and special(like Orbitone or Faxi or so many others) will be able to eat a cheeseburger once in a while even though they spend crazy hours and hours of their lives making toys for girls and boys.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

Being a user since pulsar1 ( SW V1.3), I often bougth some bundles. To me it's hard to get a good impression of a device offered in the shop. From my perspective I'd wish to download the full version and only pay for it, if it shows the expected results.
I bought much software, for which I found a cr*cked version in advance. Why ? Audio software has to work over a long time, but some SW-companies go out of business quick, so you end up with projects in an unfunctional enviroment.. (RIP emagic )

Although I also own some SW with online activation, this usually keeps me from buying it, because of the fear expressed above.
From that perspective, the lock to a scope-hardware is better, but not ideal.
As I missed the bowensynth-bundle, I'd be also interested in buying bundles from the past.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
garyb

Post by garyb »

just ask for a demo key.

why does everyone hate asking for support?