USB Controller setup?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bigovum

USB Controller setup?

Post by bigovum »

I've been using a Mac for years and pretty much forgotten PC midi/audio setup stuff...

How does a MIDI USB controller interact with Scope? Whats the setup in Windows (7) and then in Scope I'm presuming is a Sequencer Midi module? I've got a loopback device, but I can't figure out how to join it all up... :)

I'm playing with a little AKAI midimix first, if it all works out - what are good midi controllers for Scope - for mixing mainly?

Thanks, Mark.
valis

Re: USB Controller setup?

Post by valis »

If you can't connect to the midi input directly, you will need a loopback adapter. Any controller that lets you edit the controller definitions on the device and has a midi DIN out is suitable for scope. Sad to see devices losing these...
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

For internal to then PC routing, LoopMIDI is a solid option,

or on the same website, rtpMIDI allows inter-PC MIDI over a network, and works with MACs.

For hardware port to hardware port routing, MIDI-OX is great. rtpMIDI or.loopMIDI might handle this job, but I didn't think so.

It's unfortunate that windows doesn't.provide these features, and instead we're largely stuck with single-app ASIO
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Copperlan works for that.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

I just route a usb midi device through my chosen daw (cubase) it shows up in cubase. Then just use a sequencer midi source port.
garyb

Post by garyb »

a driver connects hardware to software, but it cannot connect hardware to hardware.
both the usb interface and Scope have a driver. the drivers cannot talk to each other. you need software in between the two drivers, either a loopback program or a sequencer or other application that can receive midi from the usb device and transmit midi to Scope. in Scope, midi will arrive in the sequencer midi source module.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

You can use a Module, which connects external MIDI to internal MIDI in Scope. I created such module, but it works only in SDK.
bigovum

Post by bigovum »

Great. Thanks all. I used MIDI-OX to solve the problem as it allows midi ports to be patched to each other by name. Works great now.
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)