v7 drivers (64bit)

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

t_tangent

Re: v7 drivers (64bit)

Post by t_tangent »

Fantastic work there DragonSF, and of real value. Im not a programmer but I found this thread fascinating following your detective work, and I am sure your findings will be most appreciated by the devs and us all here
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

DragonSF wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:00 am Just to confirm: under Windows 7, the ASIO driver is loaded into 32-bit space. Therefore no problem.
If this is the issue, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle for SC to fix as far as i can see, which is great. Pedantic me would probably say it's a strange oversight to let this pass on a release focusing on win 10 compatibility, but at least they now have something to focus on.

Again, great work Dragon.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Thanks for all the compliments, it was a long, but interesting journey. I also learned a lot.
Regarding the fix: there are 2 possibilities: Either change the one spot, where the error happened, so that 64-bit addresses can be passed, or change the structure for every parameter, which contains 64-bit Addresses and are now DWORD.
And of course the scopexite.sys has to be changed, to accept LONGDWORDs for adresses. I think, this is the most tedious work, change is small, but testing is big. Good luck to the developers from, if necessary, they can count on my assistance.
And of course, nothing of the research (from a certain point) couldn't have be done without the sources.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Good News, Ableton live 10 x64 still works in compatibility mode :)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

Any thing new about the ASIO and sys driver fix? 10 months later...
asiofixer

Post by asiofixer »

hello
i don't understand much windows and midi protocol drivers but i have install scope 5.0 in win 7 x64 and i have no problem with samplitude
even cubase or sonar not working as good as samplitude
i also use protools hd for plugins in rtas mode
i have no more latency audio or midi