Is it useful to use tablet mode with scope? Win10

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Is it useful to use tablet mode with scope? Win10

Post by Marco »

Is it useful to use tablet mode with scope?

I think about changing from win 7 to 10. I hope now with a Touchscreen the operation in scopes devices could be better with zoom functions and hand gestures?

Does anyone have experience with a Touchscreen and scopes new version 7?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
jksuperstar

Re: Is it useful to use tablet mode with scope? Win10

Post by jksuperstar »

I have a touchscreen, and gestures like you describe don't really exists as you'd think. Also, scope is not yet multi-touch.

The closest was when Sharc and w_ellis released BCModules, and ScopeSync based on JUCE, which was very multi-touch friendly.
Marco

Post by Marco »

https://m.amazona.de/test-touch-innovat ... -master/4/

So I think I will go on the secure side with this universal usable device. It simulates the mousemoves while you turn the Knob after clicking the mousebutton. Expensive but easy to use and usable with any Software with turnable knobs and sliders.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

That's pretty steep for a one trick pony.
Have you considered an iPad with a dock? Lots of apps that control faders and buttons on the DAW plus you can use it for other things.
Marco

Post by Marco »

This is an idea!
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Lemur is a great app for this, but does take time to set up. Building off of existing templates helps. And it runs fine on my iPad2 (the first iPad2), so it works on old machines.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

jksuperstar wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:38 am Lemur is a great app for this, but does take time to set up. Building off of existing templates helps. And it runs fine on my iPad2 (the first iPad2), so it works on old machines.
+1 for Lemur, which is also available on Android. https://liine.net/en/products/lemur/

Another similar app is touchosc but I havent tried that.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Okay im looking for lemur because I have the Android cellphone. But im shure it is much better on the iPad.
dante

Post by dante »

JoPo

Post by JoPo »

jksuperstar wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:38 am Lemur is a great app for this, but does take time to set up. Building off of existing templates helps. And it runs fine on my iPad2 (the first iPad2), so it works on old machines.
Yep ! An amazing app ! And no need any midi cable if your pc is wired on your ethernet / internet box using wifi. Well... in fact, I heard that if you want accurate faders/knobs, it's better through midi... No ?
I use lemur and an old simple smart phone to remote my daw from any where in my house and whatever is the active app on the computer. Excellent.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Marco

Post by Marco »

Sounds really good hahaha! Thanks for the Tip.