Scope Daw ?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

geiger

Scope Daw ?

Post by geiger »

Hello!. Since everything in Scope sounds so good, I was wondering if is there also a DAW designed for SCOPE. Thanks!
garyb

Re: Scope Daw ?

Post by garyb »

no, there isn't.
there was one being made, but the developer gave up.
geiger

Post by geiger »

:( the same story over and over again :( Please, just let them know that there are people amazed and real fans of Scope! That we want to see plugins with great GUI like FabFilter or SlickEQ and very good "ready to go" plugins for them. Not everyone is so savy with technology or real oldschool hardware.. but will still need a starting point in designing their sound. Accessibility and ease of use are very important.. Some of us want to tweak until they kill their whole "creative" time and crack or buy tons of plugins for nothing, others want to get faster to the sound that will allow them to express themselves and make music and a nice mix. These are things, that once achieved and MARKETED, will help you with the sales.. because the company needs that.. I am a fan of Scope and I want to see this amazing top quality product that changed my vision about making music put to a respected place. I remember coming here frustrated about licensing 5.0 or 5.1 because I just could not afford it, but the guys here explained me something more than my ears were able to hear: that Scope is a fabulous studio environment that provides also amazing real sounding plugins that make any regular DAW designed VST sound like a joke. Please, make also a DAW designed for Scope. Thank you!
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

geiger wrote::( the same story over and over again :( Please, just let them know that there are people amazed and real fans of Scope! That we want to see plugins with great GUI like FabFilter or SlickEQ and very good "ready to go" plugins for them. Not everyone is so savy with technology or real oldschool hardware.. but will still need a starting point in designing their sound. Accessibility and ease of use are very important.. Some of us want to tweak until they kill their whole "creative" time and crack or buy tons of plugins for nothing, others want to get faster to the sound that will allow them to express themselves and make music and a nice mix. These are things, that once achieved and MARKETED, will help you with the sales.. because the company needs that.. I am a fan of Scope and I want to see this amazing top quality product that changed my vision about making music put to a respected place. I remember coming here frustrated about licensing 5.0 or 5.1 because I just could not afford it, but the guys here explained me something more than my ears were able to hear: that Scope is a fabulous studio environment that provides also amazing real sounding plugins that make any regular DAW designed VST sound like a joke. Please, make also a DAW designed for Scope. Thank you!
What do you expect from a Scope DAW, which a currently available DAW can't provide?
geiger

Post by geiger »

Exactly the same thing that I expect from any VST for any regular DAW, but only the Scope platform can offer regarding the quality. In short, a high quality capable DAW designed for Scope, integrated in Scope, as the other plugins. I know it is a huge task do develop such a thing, but it will make Scope environment so complete and blistering shinny! I don't know if it could be powered by the DSP chips on the boards, maybe it could (should) be ran by the computer resources, even if it is integrated in Scope. I love everything about this platform, it is so right, full of capabilities and comprehensive. Maybe I am dreaming of this because Scope gave me the support and inspiration in music and I feel like I want to see it becoming more than what almost everybody sees it as: a niche. Scope doesn't seem to be and i think it should not be a monopol on the market as other aggressive companies aproach it, maybe this is also a part of the trouble you had, but somehow you need to be seen as a strong alternative to other DAWs or platforms since you have already so many special things to offer in your way with Scope. Not for every music producer, but at least not for a niche.. you already have a history behind you.
FernandoHood

Post by FernandoHood »

personally, i think its way better Scope beeing flexible enough to work in any daw, as it is right now. So you can work with scope platform + scope plugins + your fav DAW + vst plugins
Ocean Swift Synthesis - Scope 3rd Party Plugins
http://www.oceanswift.net
FernandoHood
http://www.fernandohood.com
Atom Sessions - Music
https://atomsessions.bandcamp.com/
geiger

Post by geiger »

sure, but it can work also with a scope daw :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Use Scope with any daw and you'll see it's not that important to have an inbeded one... Better to let daw developers make us very good daws and S|C improve Scope !! Which is not as much for tomorow.... :P Our grand children, maybe.
S|C is far from developing its daw ! :roll: :lol: Let's let them lay Scope 6 or 7 ! 6 is not a good number. Let's go for 7 ! :P
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Then VST-IM/XTC mode and a method to integrate the mixer are what's needed for scope to drop into any VST "seemlessly". This allows automation through the DAW, but still requires assigning and recording MIDi for each knob it control. Both are doable on 32bit windows right now, but it does take some configuration and know how.

However, many scope devices struggle remembering MIDI assignments, or scope crashes with too many assignments.

So, some work could be done to improve that for sure.
Striker10

Post by Striker10 »

I agree with the posters against because there's no escaping the pc anyway. I've not used scope yet :cry: but you get the best of both worlds. There are many PC DAWS and to be honest, if you run a two monitor system you could have scope on one and your daw on the other. I mean it's a pretty perfect eco system. Also playing devils advocate - say a DAW was made for it - if it wasn't as good as the ones for PC, which one would you use? For me as long as you can go from one screen to the next seamlessly then great. If you have one monitor system, you could auto run DAW and scope software on bootup and then use Macros to switch between them.

I don't know what they've planned for future updates, but I think there's other avenues that are exciting. I think there are ways to be creative, that can almost give you the feeling of it all being one enclosed system but what you have to decide is do you really want a DAW inside scope or are you just not entirely happy with the DAW you use?
dante

Post by dante »

JoPo wrote:Use Scope with any daw and you'll see it's not that important to have an inbeded one...
One of the ideas of the embedded one (ParseQ) was to have a DAW which accessed the XITE hardware more directly without the need for ASIO. This lead to another idea which was the possibility of it accessing PCI as well as XITE simultaneously on the same machine - which cant be done with ASIO.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Striker10 wrote:I agree with the posters against because there's no escaping the pc anyway. I've not used scope yet :cry: but you get the best of both worlds. There are many PC DAWS and to be honest, if you run a two monitor system you could have scope on one and your daw on the other.
My setup mess is 2 pc with 4 screens. Both pc (one with Xite-1, the other 13dsp pci cards) are audio connected via ADAT (in both Scope systems), via lan with Vienna Ensemble Pro, Copperlan and with (non audio link) Synergy, which is a sofware KVM. The 2 bottom screens are connected to both pc via hardware KVM, the top right screen only to the new pc with Xite-1 and the top left to the old pc with PCI cards.
The software KVM, only for the keyboard/mouse, allows me to switch screen (with hardware KVM box) and still keep active my keyboard/mouse on any pc ; this is not possible if you plug your keyboard/mouse in a KVM box.
It means that both pc have 3 screens each. I builded a little switch box I put close to my mouse/keyboard to be able to switch bottom screens easily. A bit complicated to explain but very convenient !
4 screens are awesome !

And if you use the Scope "standard" display feature, you can place any Scope GUI anywhere you want on any screen. The Cubase way of display that I hated when they released it (It is more or less the same display as the Scope "standard") but which I like very much, now allows also to place any VST's/cubase and so, Scope's devices anywhere !

Any simple small video card, now, have all 3 video outputs.
Striker10

Post by Striker10 »

Hi JoPo,

Is that pc to pc or can you mix pc with mac? I would usually not consider running two computers but I took out my graphics card when I was trying to sort the pcie card out (which never happened) and looking at some folks set ups - even with a laptop. Not a big laptop fan but got me thinking. Sounds like a cool set up! Thanks for the link. When I've time I'll look into it more
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Well I never used any mac. But Synergy claims it can work with both and I think Vienna too. ADAT doesn't care for mac or pc. But there is no Scope driver for mac, I believe... Or maybe old... In fact, I don't know !
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Please. Sonic Core. Really no need to waste time making a daw. Just perfect scope.
Zrong

Post by Zrong »

I , for one, would absolutely LOVE a scope DAW that ran on the DSP without need to use ASIO drivers. I believe that the reason VDAT sounds so good is exactly for this reason and it would be great to have at least a basic multi-track recorder/editor that ran on the DSP with no need for ASIO drivers.

Fingers crossed for Scope 7
dawman

Post by dawman »

VDAT.
May it rest peacefully.
If it returns I will shit gold bricks for an entire day.