Making a screen shot: "Print screen" - The button

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

petal

Making a screen shot: "Print screen" - The button

Post by petal »

Hi All,

I see quite a few people in here taking mobile phone pictures of their screens when they need a screen shot.

There's a better solution for the need called "Print Screen"

There's usually a dedicated button on a full keyboard. Press this once when you need a sceen shot.

Now you go to "Start" / "Accessories" / "Paint" and press "Ctrl + V" - You now have the screen shot in an image editor

Now you click the button called "crop" and square out the part of the screen shot of interest and click "crop" again. Now only the selection is left.

Save that and you have a top notch screen shot :)
hubird

Re: Making a screen shot: "Print screen" - The button

Post by hubird »

I once made a screenshot of a digitally received entrance ticket because my printer had gone, and I forgot about that when it time to go out.
A scan of the zoomed barcode from the phone screen did fine, but not every club allows it.

Screenshot on apple keyboard: command/shift/4, but you can change that if I'm right :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

AND PLEASE.....
When posting a massive screen shot, cut your sentance's down so people aren't forced to scroll L/R while reading your explanations.

Ankyu.
hubird

Post by hubird »

I refuse to spend a split second to threads with 3 MB pics since years :roll: :D

'And it looked so small on my phone!'...
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

Also Windows, since Windows 7, has the lovely "snipping tool" for making screenshots.